Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tatertotcc
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1-14-2013
Getting rid of the "fat"

Well good evening every one! Started low carbing on January 14, have lost 30 lbs so far, I am sure it would have been more by now but I am a weak soul, improving every day. I am working out at a gym every day, walking in the a.m before work, and after work, plus the gyms machines. 3 sets of 15-20 reps. Was wondering, will I EVER lose the fat in my upper thighs or get rid of the belly fatness? Been researching Atkins facts and I cannot seem to find anything to help me on this. My youngest son is getting married in a little over six weeks, and yes, you guessed it this was the motivation that I needed , finally! Any ideas, help that anyone can provide would be oh so appreciated! Thank you and sweet dreams all! Tina
tatertotcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertotcc View Post
Well good evening every one! Started low carbing on January 14, have lost 30 lbs so far, I am sure it would have been more by now but I am a weak soul, improving every day. I am working out at a gym every day, walking in the a.m before work, and after work, plus the gyms machines. 3 sets of 15-20 reps. Was wondering, will I EVER lose the fat in my upper thighs or get rid of the belly fatness? Been researching Atkins facts and I cannot seem to find anything to help me on this. My youngest son is getting married in a little over six weeks, and yes, you guessed it this was the motivation that I needed , finally! Any ideas, help that anyone can provide would be oh so appreciated! Thank you and sweet dreams all! Tina
Hi Tina Good job on your weightloss so far! Yes the fat will go from everywhere eventually, I don't know how much you have to lose, but the belly usually is the last to go, but it will go.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Wow, that's great! Congrats on the loss... 30 pounds is a lot in so short a time!

I agree that there's really no way to "spot" lose, and everything will eventually go in time... the belly usually IS the last to go! I know I'm getting closer to my first goal, and I have the same issue with the excess fat around my belly and inner thighs. I think those are really common problem areas, especially for women!

The only thing I've understood to work is keeping up what you're doing, and continuing to lose body fat overall in general. Eventually you WILL lose from those spots too!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/165/160 , 5'8" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK
Start Date: restart Nov 30th
What are your stats? Menus? And a big WOHOO for your 30 lbs...that's awesome!
3fatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Yes. But it takes a long time. The rate of fat loss tends to slow down the closer you get to goal or you're ideal body weight. I'm pretty close to goal right now, but the rate I am losing is so slow I don't even notice it. Its probably somewhere around 1lb a month. Which isn't noticeable at all.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3kidsandasheltie
Stats: 230(highest)/110/110
WOE: low carb
I have lost 106 pounds and still have some belly fat along with that lovely apron of extra skin. I am still working on it but since I am so close to goal my weight loss is very slow at this point.
3kidsandasheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Seems like virtually all of us have some fat in a place we don't like. There is always a post or two running on LCF regarding 'belly fat' or 'spot losing' or some such similar topic.
The 'cures' for belly fat are out there, or at least the claims are.
Seems pretty clear to me though that all one can do is lose as much fat as possible and be happy with the result
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Congrats on losing 30 pounds, that's awesome!
And congrats on your son's wedding, too. The great thing about weddings is that most people will be looking at the bride, so even if your belly isn't perfect by then, it won't much matter.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Shapewear can do wonders for belly fat!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Texas Lady
WOE: Atkin's Ongoing Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/28/2013
You are doing so good. Between the workouts and your healthy eating, all you need to do is hang in there and keep it up. There will be consequences to these actions.
Texas Lady is offline   Reply With Quote