Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Getting rid of the "fat" (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801072-getting-rid-fat.html)

tatertotcc 04-02-2013 10:56 PM

Getting rid of the "fat"

Well good evening every one! Started low carbing on January 14, have lost 30 lbs so far, I am sure it would have been more by now but I am a weak soul, improving every day. I am working out at a gym every day, walking in the a.m before work, and after work, plus the gyms machines. 3 sets of 15-20 reps. Was wondering, will I EVER lose the fat in my upper thighs or get rid of the belly fatness? Been researching Atkins facts and I cannot seem to find anything to help me on this. My youngest son is getting married in a little over six weeks, and yes, you guessed it this was the motivation that I needed , finally! Any ideas, help that anyone can provide would be oh so appreciated! Thank you and sweet dreams all! Tina

~PaperMoon~ 04-02-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatertotcc (Post 16351609)
Well good evening every one! Started low carbing on January 14, have lost 30 lbs so far, I am sure it would have been more by now but I am a weak soul, improving every day. I am working out at a gym every day, walking in the a.m before work, and after work, plus the gyms machines. 3 sets of 15-20 reps. Was wondering, will I EVER lose the fat in my upper thighs or get rid of the belly fatness? Been researching Atkins facts and I cannot seem to find anything to help me on this. My youngest son is getting married in a little over six weeks, and yes, you guessed it this was the motivation that I needed , finally! Any ideas, help that anyone can provide would be oh so appreciated! Thank you and sweet dreams all! Tina

Hi Tina:hiya: Good job on your weightloss so far! :high5: Yes the fat will go from everywhere eventually, I don't know how much you have to lose, but the belly usually is the last to go, but it will go. :)

raindroproses 04-03-2013 12:05 AM

Wow, that's great! Congrats on the loss... 30 pounds is a lot in so short a time! :jumpjoy:

I agree that there's really no way to "spot" lose, and everything will eventually go in time... the belly usually IS the last to go! I know I'm getting closer to my first goal, and I have the same issue with the excess fat around my belly and inner thighs. I think those are really common problem areas, especially for women!

The only thing I've understood to work is keeping up what you're doing, and continuing to lose body fat overall in general. Eventually you WILL lose from those spots too! :)

3fatcats 04-03-2013 04:35 AM

What are your stats? Menus? And a big WOHOO for your 30 lbs...that's awesome!

Punkin 04-03-2013 05:19 AM

Yes. But it takes a long time. The rate of fat loss tends to slow down the closer you get to goal or you're ideal body weight. I'm pretty close to goal right now, but the rate I am losing is so slow I don't even notice it. Its probably somewhere around 1lb a month. Which isn't noticeable at all.

3kidsandasheltie 04-03-2013 06:11 AM

I have lost 106 pounds and still have some belly fat along with that lovely apron of extra skin. I am still working on it but since I am so close to goal my weight loss is very slow at this point.

avid 04-03-2013 06:48 AM

Seems like virtually all of us have some fat in a place we don't like. There is always a post or two running on LCF regarding 'belly fat' or 'spot losing' or some such similar topic.
The 'cures' for belly fat are out there, or at least the claims are.
Seems pretty clear to me though that all one can do is lose as much fat as possible and be happy with the result

Knittering 04-03-2013 07:12 AM

Congrats on losing 30 pounds, that's awesome!
And congrats on your son's wedding, too. The great thing about weddings is that most people will be looking at the bride, so even if your belly isn't perfect by then, it won't much matter. :)

shirlc 04-03-2013 07:21 AM

Shapewear can do wonders for belly fat!!!

Texas Lady 04-03-2013 08:57 AM

You are doing so good. Between the workouts and your healthy eating, all you need to do is hang in there and keep it up. There will be consequences to these actions.;)