Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceanlover66
WOE: low carb
So, I am at my goal weight!!!! BUT

I did it. I hit 130 pounds!!

I was 143 January 1st. Dr. said to drop down to 130 and here I am!! Dropped a whole pants size, nothing fits YAY!

BUT, now what??? I never really followed any "plan". I do not want to shrivel away into nothing. I do not want to add in "bad carbs".

And simply, I am not to hungry between meals.

My usual eating habit is coffee in the mornings with SF French Vanilla.(I get up late so I don't do breakfast).

Lunch is usually a sandwich of deli roasted chicken, Canola Oil cholesterol free mayo, with weight watchers whole wheat bread(The bread is 10 carbs per 2 slices). About 12 whole grain crackers with roasted garlic hummus, and two squares of 85% cacao chocolate.

Dinner is usually a protein,(Steak, chicken, pork,fish or eggs) and veggies. Or I will make the low carb pasta you get on netrition with sauce and a salad with cheese and blue cheese dressing.

Night time I will usually have 2 more squares of the chocolate.

Sooooooooo......................how do I maintain this weight now? I lost weight because 1. I needed to. 2. My trigs were 197 and 3. I had impaired fasting glucose.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Congratulations!

You won't shrivel away to nothing. Eating between meals is not necessary. I only eat twice a day.

How tall are you?

It looks like you are getting a good amount of carbs and calories, so I think if you keep eating the same amount you will stop losing or only lose a few more. You can always add some calories if you keep losing - in the form of avocado or more olive oil in salad dressing or a bigger portion of meat.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
That is Awesome! Huge Congrats! I can't give you any advice on maintaince since i'm still about 10 lbs from my goal and from my so far experience it'll be Forever before i'm at goal! I'm sure some experienced maintainers will be able to help
princessmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
I don't think your body will naturally lose more fat than is healthy--it will tend to maintain a healthy amount of fat when you are eating proper nutrition. In other words, I don't think that by staying in very low carb or ketogenic state you will be doing any damage.
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I personally wouldnt change much. Just eat when you are hungry. Your body should level off at its new weight... and it needs less calories at 130 lbs than at a higher weight.

It looks like you have already added back in foods that are slightly higher in carbs (like the ww bread or lowcarb pasta) or intended for maintenance.

Congrats!!!
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
:c lap:
marieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Hooray for you
I'm approaching a similar milestone. I have already met and passed my initial goal and am closing in on my current....I have a woe that causes me to lose fat and so i'm sticking to it. I expect to continue even after I pass the current goal.
I actually thought about the things you posted about and decided to let my body do the talking. So long as I am healthy and not feeling hungry or deprived then I say 'when my body decides it's time to stop losing then it will stop" I love my lc woe, I actually have incorporated into an overall lifestyle that I have been living for nearly 8 months.
Cake? Candy? Lasange? Pancakes?
I feel better both physically and emotionally.
Why would I want to mess with a good thing?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Well. First, I am 5' 3".

Second. I didn't add those foods back in. That is what I started with in January.

The biggest change was the sugar. My whole day consisted of eating sweets for desserts or snacking(Chips, PB cups etc) 3-4 tbsp of sugar in my coffee, and bottled sweet tea to drink.

I was still losing on the foods I just listed above.

So, since I was losing on the foods I was eating, I would like the weight loss to stop, and remain where I am. Wondering if could add in some brown rice now, or 1/2 of a sweet potato or regular potato?

My diet before besides the sugar included more alcohol, white breads and lots of processed foods.

I only drink now when we go out with friends. So this year, I have been out 4 times. Each time having a drink of tequila and diet sprite. And maybe a few shots thrown in. Last year I was drinking 3-4 times a week.

I guess my biggest fear is that I am going to keep losing and losing. Although 125 wouldn't be so bad

Oh, and how about protein shakes? In the summer, I always loved to get milkshakes. Wondering if there is a protein shake I can make that tastes like one? Is that okay to add in as a snack?

And thank you!!
oceanlover66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
Hi I want to congrat you on your success! I am not in maint yet either, so I can't offer a lot, however I would suggest to you to play around some with your food and go from there. If you would like add in some good carbs or like you said try some brown rice. Just keep an eye on your weight. If you find you are gaining then cut it back or out of your eating. I think this is going to vary person to person where it may effect one more than the other. You will just have to see what will work for you.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
I want to congratulate you too! You did great! Fortunately (or unfortunately for those of us who wish to be super thin) our body knows when to stop losing. I came to a screeching halt around 140 (I'm 5'8) then had to struggle to get to 135ish, and now have to be very strict with calories to lose these last 10 pounds which have not gone yet. My body has gone into maintenance without having been asked. I look and feel better very thin so while I know I am at a very healthy weight now, I'd prefer to be thinner. Just be healthy and do what you're doing. The body will decide when to stop losing.
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fsfty
Stats: 265/184/184 6'2" Start 6/9/11, Goal 12/9/11
WOE: Lifetime Maintenance
Start Date: June 9, 2011
I've been maintaining for a year and a half and I had the same fear as you. You're body will know when to level off. I realized later that my goal weight was too high, and i lost 10 pounds more than i "should have". I was fighting the loss by eating brown rice, higher carb veggies, etc, but I still lost. When i got to my current weight, I was able to eat the way i wanted to; I wasn't forcing things by eating stuff I didn't want. I also didn't feel as well adding in the carbs

Now, for the most part, I eat the way I did when I was losing, plus some yogurt, nuts, a little fruit, etc. It will all work out for you
fsfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everybody for the advice. And hey, if I lose another 5 pounds I am not going to complain. When I got married I was 120 pounds. I was 19 at the time. In my Senior year of high school, I was in a size 3

I will add in some things and see what happens to my weight.

All I know is that I can't wait to go clothes shopping!

It is hard to believe that by just cutting down/out sugar and lowering my carbs without a lot of exercise can result in this kind of weight loss.
oceanlover66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlwaysHungry
Stats: 173/150/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
Maintenance is tough. Best thing to do is just continue eating what works.
AlwaysHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Don't worry too much about it. 130 is not too low for your height so you'd be okay if you lost a little more. And, it's always easy to gain weight back.

Dr. Atkins wrote that we shouldn't settle for less than what makes us happy and can even get back to hs weights. And, it sounds like being 125 would make you happy.

Just keep doing what you've been doing and eat a little more if you are worried about losing.

Last edited by nolcjunk; 04-02-2013 at 02:12 PM..
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
It's perfectly consistant with the Atkins plan to start adding carbs back into your diet once you have reached your goal.
The foods you mentioned i.e. some brown rice, sweet potato are carby so I would suggest start with small portions and see how much you can eat before you start to gain weight.
Once that happens you just cut back a little and voila! your maintaining.
Good luck to you, and I am very interested in hearing how you do.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Great job getting there! I tend to lose and then maintain for a while until I feel it's time to break back into Induction. I usually just watch my diet. I notice if I start drinking my calories (regular sodas) then I am at the point where I need to check myself and do Induction. It usually doesn't get that bad. Having said all that, I make this smoothie that is most milkshake like, compared to anything else I've tried other than LC homemade ice cream.

Frozen strawberries
A few frozen cherries
HWC
Dry packet (4 servings) sf jell-o
Boiling water

I whip the hwc in my food processor, then add everything but the water and pulse. Add water and whip again and it's yum.

Mostly I eat a few higher carb go to foods like peanut butter or string cheese, or things like couscous or rice. I try to always keep in mind the sugar content of what I eat.

Read me
And also...
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xo ashley
Stats: 155*140* 125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 02/01/2009... Quit in 2011. Back 3/31/13
Ya congrats!! When I was at goal before, I loved almonds and beef jerky. However, they became all I ate and I got too low!

Just find what works for you. It's hard to maintain!
xo ashley is offline   Reply With Quote