Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Well... I'm back! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/800981-well-im-back.html)

xo ashley 04-01-2013 01:18 PM

Well... I'm back!

Yesterday was day one... and, I've spent hours looking through threads and getting myself re-motivated. Today is day two, and I think my year or so of craptastic eating has caught up to me. I have a serious headaches and I feel exhausted. But, that's ok.

Anyway... I was going to re-start Atkins before, and I just couldn't get the motivation. I stopped before because I took it too far. I have a bit of a problem with being all or nothing, and I got down to my lowest weight (125) and was completely obsessive about diet. And, no one wanted to be around me at meals, and I felt like utter garbage.

Since then... I've been diagnosed with ADHD, and a lot of stuff has gotten straightened out in my head and with my behaviors. However, I know that eating low-carb makes me "function" better, and my functioning has been TERRIBLE lately. Months of chowing down on candy at work, or only eating a frozen pizza has caught up to me. The 9-mile runs, or 2 hour inclince walks aren't enough.

So I'm back. I will see how Atkins pair with taking Adderall... I don't have a lot of support behind me on this. Since the last time I was here, I gained about 220 lbs... aka my boyfriend. He thinks I'm perfect and doesn't want me to lose a pound, but I'm hoping he'll get motivated and do this WOE as well. Not that I'd ever say that to his face... but he's not very healthy lately, and it's beginning to be a turnoff.

I don't have a goal weight in mind.... I'm 5'2, and weigh 141.5. I wear a size 4-6, or 7-9 (juniors) in pants, and normally a size small top. I know I'm not in need of a drastic weight loss, but I am in need a major overhaul of my diet, and I know my body looks better and performs better with this WOE.

I look forward to getting caught back up, and getting motivated by other peoples' success... and reading other peoples' meals, because I am a creature of habit and will eat the same thing every day.

Happy Monday! Thanks if you finished my ramblings!

mayleesa 04-01-2013 02:02 PM

welcome back....I too have strayed on a loooong vacation....but I'm back and also have an all or nothing attitude....we can work through this!!!

good luck!!!!

jeaniem 04-01-2013 02:04 PM

Hi Ashley. Maybe we can support one another. I am just barely 5'1 and would like to be able to wear at least some of my warm weather clothes by the end of the month-so probably need to lose at least ten to start.

Knittering 04-01-2013 02:38 PM

Welcome back, Ashley! I'm another recently returned to LCing after a year or so of less-than-ideal eating. :) Life really is better when you're eating healthy.

canadiangirl 04-01-2013 04:16 PM

Welcome Back! I too have been here before and last time around I obessed to the point where 1 little set back was the end of the world. I weighed absolutely everything, charted, logged, weighed myself 3x a day and really beat myself if things didn't happen how I thought they should have! I am taking a much more laid back approach and maybe I don't lose a pound a day or maybe even a pound a month but I feel great and I know this is a realistic way for me to live like this for life.

reddarin 04-01-2013 05:01 PM

It will be a tough conversation but if you feel that way you really have to actually tell your BF. We suck at reading minds and picking up on hints, particularly if we don't have a clue about the nature of the problem.

If it were me, as your BF, I'd just assume that your wanting me to get healthy is because of your own focus on your health not because you really thought I needed it or I wasn't sexy to you any more.

The conversation may not work out well but it is better to get it over now than allow that sort of thing to fester in your mind while your relationship goes down in flames and recriminations.

At least that is my opinion as a guy.

baileygirl3 04-02-2013 05:45 AM

Hi and welcome back!!! I have to work up the nerve to tell my hubby to get back on track too! He is has slipped back into old habits and it is just so much easier when we are doing this together. I know in the end, its for the best. Good luck to you!

cmiller130 04-09-2013 04:32 PM

Welcome back! I too am coming back from a really long hiatus from Low carbing. It has been about 5 years and I gained back all but 6 lbs. of the weight I lost! I was really feeling frumpy and my hormones are out of whack! I am on day 8 and I already feel better! Be strong! You can do this!

bacon bit 04-09-2013 05:15 PM

Welcome back! I get that way about my eating behaviors as well. When I start teetering on the edge of unhealthy behaviors, I go into maintenance for a while.