Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Well, let's hope this was a learning experience...

I went on a bender yesterday... I ruined my streak of 80 some days. I am pretty sure I know *why* it happened, which is something. Like, it wasn't just random terribleness, I do think there was a reason. I had exercised pretty hard in the morning and the day before and I think it was my fourth day of exercising without a day off. And I think it just left me very vulnerable -- made me feel more hungry plus too tired to resist, kwim? I think if I had realized that that was the case before I was blindsided by chips and cupcakes (yes, it was bad!), I might have been able to keep it together, but I didn't really realize that I was vulnerable until it was all up in my face, iykwim.

So... I was at this easter party and they had these to die for homemade cupcakes (thank goodness I didn't cheat only to have not very satisfying stuff, these were good!) and potato chips and dip and I just lost it, and while I was at it had some kind of biscuity thing. It was way too yummy. I really wish I was one of those low carb people who could say they really don't like those foods anymore. I am not that person! But I will say that I didn't feel good after I ate it. And I really do value my woe eating so much and there was a piece of my that could not wait to get back to it and get all that crap out of my system.

And thank goodness, today I was right back on. This morning I woke up feeling like I would be very happy to have a stack of pancakes for b'fast -- but that's what carbs do to me. I think I'm already feeling more in control, though.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Sorry your streak was ruined, but glad you were able to get back on track today. Be kind to yourself!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #3

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Try to look at this as a way of life, a way of eating... 80 days on and 1 day off is amazing! Getting right back on track the next day is also takes determination, diligence and hard work! So, I think you are doing awesome
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Yes, that's a great track record. Now you can try to beat it.

And you did learn something. When you're tired and wear yourself down, plan ahead. That's a great thing for all of us to remember.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
One day out of 80 is pretty good.I haven't managed a straight week yet without at least a minor slip or bad decision.
Be gentle on yourself.You have found a way to be good to yourself,you have kept it up for over 2 whole months and if my math is good have lost over 30lb!You can forgive yourself this and move on I'm sure
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:
Try to look at this as a way of life, a way of eating... 80 days on and 1 day off is amazing!
Yes, exactly! My goal is to stay 100 percent on-plan 90 percent of the time, so one day out of eighty has me beat by a wide margin.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hayek
Stats: 220/155/175
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/26/13 (Atkins-ish); 5/6/13 (Keto)
I generally follow an 80/20 rule with things (although I'm trying to commit to this way of eating a bit more seriously this time around), but I think, like others here, you're probably being a little too hard on yourself. And that's completely understandable.

But one slightly off day definitely doesn't negate or even compare to the dedication and strength of staying on plan for 80 consecutive days! I'd say that's more than a huge success!

I haven't even made it a perfect 20 days yet, so I applaud your discipline! Plus it sounds like you're right back on track, so it's nothing beat yourself up over.

Besides, maybe it's beneficial to have a random slip up (especially after such a great streak) to remind of many of us why we chose this way of eating and how much it actually does benefit us. Helps keep perspective?

Either way, great job on those 80 days! One day really does pale in comparison.
Hayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Thanks for your thoughts, you guys. I agree that if I keep things at an 80 to 1 ratio I'm doing pretty darned good. . But I also know that in the past I have gone down that slippery slope to face planting I. The carbs and taken many months to climb back out.

I'm very happy to be back on plan but I feel like I have to be hyper vigilant. I am not a person who could handle the 80/20 split. I think if I could that would be an awesome lifestyle. But the only way for carbs to not run my life is for me not to have them, like ever.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote