LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ktsandoval
Stats: 191/184/150
WOE: Low carb 30g or less
Start Date: Feb. 2013
Going to restart and reboot!!!

Hi friends. I've had a few bumps on the road the past couple weekends. I guess the most important thing is admitting it to myself and be accountable. After reading some inspiring posts, I'm going to go back to hardcore induction and stay there until I see progress. I've been losing inches slowly but after almost 6 weeks of low carbing I'm definitely not where I'd like to be. My meals for the day would consist of:
B: 1 slice low carb bread with 1 tbsp pb and 1 tbsp sugar free jelly (5.5 carbs)
Snack: Atkins bar (3 carbs) or blackberries (6 carbs/cup) maybe string cheese
L: turkey sandwich with low carb bread and pork rinds
Or grilled herbed tilapia
S: Atkins bar, sf chocolates, or sf jello or sf lemon came from ralphs (7 carbs)
D: maybe some chicken and salad (most times i don't eat dinner bc I'm just not hungry at this time.
This is a good day for me. Like i said few bumps in the road. If anyone can give me an induction type meal plan I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much and Happy Easter!
Kat
ktsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/163.5/160? , 5'7" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK-Stillmans-Atkins
I'll be blunt...get rid of all that fake junk you are eating. No sugar free jelly, low carb bread or atkins bars while on induction. Give yourself a good clean start. If you have been doing this for 6 weeks and nothing, right? Then it's time to clean things up and start from scratch. Oh, and no berries either. Have you read any books on low carb? if, not, you should. it will help you. I thought I couldn't give up my little things in the beginning,too, but then I liked losing weight better! Good luck!!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Induction-type meals would consist of meat, healthy fat, vegetables, eggs, and not much else. NO low-carb bread, NO jelly, NO peanut butter, etc. I'd also ditch the bars and shakes -- the bars stall most of us, and the shakes cause problems for many.

Do a clean two-week induction and you'll start getting the results that you want!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Good luck! It will work best if you stick with the basic induction foods. Stay strong!
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
^^^^^ What they said! You'll be amazed at the difference.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Yes, I agree with everyone else. "Hardcore induction" does not include all of those products - you get 20 carbs to be used mostly on vegetables, up to 4oz of hard cheese, a few packets of AS, limited sour cream and hwc.
Here's an induction menu - bacon and eggs with mushrooms and scallions, roasted chicken breast and a salad with evoo and lemon juice as dressing for lunch, and a steak and green beans cooked in butter for dinner. Plenty of water, few cups of coffee (be careful with amount of hwc). Make homemade broth so you can have a cup or two each day to prevent cramps and a weak/dizzy feeling because you will be losing water weight quickly at the start

I recommend you read the book because most of the foods that you listed are not allowed on induction.

Last edited by nolcjunk; 03-31-2013 at 08:06 AM..
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You can't go wrong if you eat things like scrambled eggs (eggs any way you like them), bacon, cream in your coffee, (but not with total abandon), just a couple ounces of hard cheese, a small salad with real dressing on it (keep the salad very simple at first), tuna salad with mayo, chicken with the skin (YUM), the fattiest cuts of meat you can find, etc. In the beginning, you want fat to be the largest percentage of what you're eating. NOT PROTEIN. Fat, protein and then carbs. But clean, basic, non-processed carbs.

Basically, eat nothing that comes out of a box or bag. It becomes second nature after a while.

I have come to the decision that there is no such thing as a destination.

My Journal.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ktsandoval
Stats: 191/184/150
WOE: Low carb 30g or less
Start Date: Feb. 2013
I agree. I entered low carb not quite on induction, but to just keep my carbs low. I'm saying that i need and want to go back to induction because i am only seeing slow results. I thought by cutting my carbs drastically i would see a big change, even it meant just having 30-40gms a day. That is why I'm restarting and rebooting. Yes, i have read the book and had to reference it yesterday to get me back on track. If you have any sample menus please share!!! It would help a bunch. Thanks friends.
Kat
ktsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
I posted this above:

Here's an induction menu - bacon and eggs with mushrooms and scallions, roasted chicken breast and a salad with evoo and lemon juice as dressing for lunch, and a steak and green beans cooked in butter for dinner. Plenty of water, few cups of coffee (be careful with amount of hwc). Make homemade broth so you can have a cup or two each day to prevent cramps and a weak/dizzy feeling because you will be losing water weight quickly at the start
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote