Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Going to restart and reboot!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/800746-going-restart-reboot.html)

ktsandoval 03-30-2013 10:17 PM

Going to restart and reboot!!!

Hi friends. I've had a few bumps on the road the past couple weekends. I guess the most important thing is admitting it to myself and be accountable. After reading some inspiring posts, I'm going to go back to hardcore induction and stay there until I see progress. I've been losing inches slowly but after almost 6 weeks of low carbing I'm definitely not where I'd like to be. My meals for the day would consist of:
B: 1 slice low carb bread with 1 tbsp pb and 1 tbsp sugar free jelly (5.5 carbs)
Snack: Atkins bar (3 carbs) or blackberries (6 carbs/cup) maybe string cheese
L: turkey sandwich with low carb bread and pork rinds
Or grilled herbed tilapia
S: Atkins bar, sf chocolates, or sf jello or sf lemon came from ralphs (7 carbs)
D: maybe some chicken and salad (most times i don't eat dinner bc I'm just not hungry at this time.
This is a good day for me. Like i said few bumps in the road. If anyone can give me an induction type meal plan I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much and Happy Easter!
Kat

3fatcats 03-31-2013 01:25 AM

I'll be blunt...get rid of all that fake junk you are eating. No sugar free jelly, low carb bread or atkins bars while on induction. Give yourself a good clean start. If you have been doing this for 6 weeks and nothing, right? Then it's time to clean things up and start from scratch. Oh, and no berries either. Have you read any books on low carb? if, not, you should. it will help you. I thought I couldn't give up my little things in the beginning,too, but then I liked losing weight better! Good luck!!

Knittering 03-31-2013 05:53 AM

Induction-type meals would consist of meat, healthy fat, vegetables, eggs, and not much else. :) NO low-carb bread, NO jelly, NO peanut butter, etc. I'd also ditch the bars and shakes -- the bars stall most of us, and the shakes cause problems for many.

Do a clean two-week induction and you'll start getting the results that you want!

Julie1972 03-31-2013 06:10 AM

Good luck! It will work best if you stick with the basic induction foods. Stay strong! :)

CherylB 03-31-2013 06:13 AM

^^^^^ What they said! You'll be amazed at the difference.

nolcjunk 03-31-2013 07:02 AM

Yes, I agree with everyone else. "Hardcore induction" does not include all of those products - you get 20 carbs to be used mostly on vegetables, up to 4oz of hard cheese, a few packets of AS, limited sour cream and hwc.
Here's an induction menu - bacon and eggs with mushrooms and scallions, roasted chicken breast and a salad with evoo and lemon juice as dressing for lunch, and a steak and green beans cooked in butter for dinner. Plenty of water, few cups of coffee (be careful with amount of hwc). Make homemade broth so you can have a cup or two each day to prevent cramps and a weak/dizzy feeling because you will be losing water weight quickly at the start

I recommend you read the book because most of the foods that you listed are not allowed on induction.

CherylB 03-31-2013 07:06 AM

You can't go wrong if you eat things like scrambled eggs (eggs any way you like them), bacon, cream in your coffee, (but not with total abandon), just a couple ounces of hard cheese, a small salad with real dressing on it (keep the salad very simple at first), tuna salad with mayo, chicken with the skin (YUM), the fattiest cuts of meat you can find, etc. In the beginning, you want fat to be the largest percentage of what you're eating. NOT PROTEIN. Fat, protein and then carbs. But clean, basic, non-processed carbs.

Basically, eat nothing that comes out of a box or bag. It becomes second nature after a while.

ktsandoval 03-31-2013 08:10 AM

I agree. I entered low carb not quite on induction, but to just keep my carbs low. I'm saying that i need and want to go back to induction because i am only seeing slow results. I thought by cutting my carbs drastically i would see a big change, even it meant just having 30-40gms a day. That is why I'm restarting and rebooting. Yes, i have read the book and had to reference it yesterday to get me back on track. If you have any sample menus please share!!! It would help a bunch. Thanks friends.
Kat

nolcjunk 03-31-2013 08:13 AM

I posted this above:

Here's an induction menu - bacon and eggs with mushrooms and scallions, roasted chicken breast and a salad with evoo and lemon juice as dressing for lunch, and a steak and green beans cooked in butter for dinner. Plenty of water, few cups of coffee (be careful with amount of hwc). Make homemade broth so you can have a cup or two each day to prevent cramps and a weak/dizzy feeling because you will be losing water weight quickly at the start