LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: asosanko
Stats: 266/204/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 2009
I don't what I'm trying to ask but..

Okay I have a question but it is probably not going to make sense because I don't know to exactly explain what I mean but I shall try anyways! 2 years ago my highest weight before low carb was 190-200 and I worked my way down to about 150 well when I gained weight I reached all the way to 260 as my highest weight I'm currently 207 what I'm trying to ask is sincere starting weight was higher the second time around is my stomach going to be harder to flatten its so squishy right now and I don't understand because I don't recall it being like this when around 200 was highest weight it was more firm not it feels so weird when I touch it it's like loose and squishy is it always going to appear this way or can I still flatten and tone at a smaller weight and why is it so squishy! Lol does this make sense does anyone see what I'm trying to say/ask
asosanko is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: asosanko
Stats: 266/204/120
Start Date: Oct 2009
Oh my gosh I forgot to put a lot of words in my post I hope it makes sense I've been doing that a lot recently saying the words in my mind as I type but when I re read the post they are not there why am I doing this this is happening so much lately I know it's not low carb related but what is up
With that?
asosanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosanko View Post
Oh my gosh I forgot to put a lot of words in my post I hope it makes sense I've been doing that a lot recently saying the words in my mind as I type but when I re read the post they are not there why am I doing this this is happening so much lately I know it's not low carb related but what is up
With that?
Actually, it could be related to LC. Are you eating enough? Are you eating enough good mono and sat fats? Are you supplementing with a multivitamin, magnesium and potassium? Are you drinking enough pure water? All of those things can impact mental clarity while LC.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I dont think any of us can really predict what your stomach will look like.... Some of it is related to how your body distributes fat (some people put on fat alot in the belly area, others more evenly all over, others more hips/thighs). You may have some loose skin if it was stretched siginficantly by being a higher weight, and that really cant be fixed aside from surgery. Weaker muscles (like I have, ugghh) CAN be fixed, but you have to work at it with exercise (something I'm working on).
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I think it's genetic and age and the way you care for your skin. At least some of it. Mine has lessened. It's gotten much better.
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #6

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
you can't expect to gain and then lose another 60 lb without seeing a long term effect on your body! there are also metabolic changes that aren't so obvious but probably much worse long term.

you can try to firm up, and may well succeed, but try to be scared enough by this experience that you keep yourself from regaining again! the more often it happens the saggier you will get, and the harder it will be to lose it again.

good luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
Yep I think it is repeatedly gaining that is like a russian roulette increasing the risk of skin damage.I am tall so my 50lb probably only stretches me out as much as 30 lb on someone shorter than me but I get a sinking feeling I am going to have skin issues this time around.
Hey, I will be a healthy weight though and there are always spanx
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosanko View Post
With that?
This happens to me all the time...my mouse pad is so sensitive...if I slide over it, I think I am typing and the words are not there...I hope that is all it is for you too...lol.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote