Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: juliekaboolie
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: 1/7/11
I just wanted to add my own $.02... my husband is also a thin man (although he exercises faithfully with weights and cardio (running/cycling)), and he used to have a little belly... until he got rid of wheat and dairy. He did it only because I was doing it and having success. He is sold, and his belly is gone. I'm not making any money off these statements. I remember that you said you have a fairly serious family history of heart disease, so my guess is that getting rid of that belly is a big deal for reason other than aesthetics. I was told by my endocrinologist that dairy has natural growth hormones in it that contribute to weight gain (because they are meant to grow baby cows). I have NO idea if you eat dairy or wheat, but I thought I would mention this to you. Take care!

**My goal has changed from mere weight loss to health, quality of life, and longevity. This is no longer a diet but a way of life.**

"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!"~Winston Churchill
juliekaboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
thanks for the suggestion and kudo's to your husband for losing the belly fat.
I eat no wheat and have cut down markedly on the dairy.
Alas two of things suggested in this thread are probably not going to change.
I have no intention of eliminating coffee...It's really a pleasure for me and there are
documented health benefits, so the coffee stays.
As for dairy well into the coffe (4 cups daily) goes hwc, and the coffee just wouldn't be the same without it. then theres the berries I love, and I take those with cream as well, and the big reduction for me was my cheese consumption. Way down from what it used to be, but I still eat a little.
So there it is...I do want to lose the belly fat, but feel like I've eliminated all I'm going to from my diet. At least for the time being.
I am still losing though...Scale this morning read 137.2 so I'm still in OWL albeit slowly.
Perhaps when I reach my ultimate goal weight and go onto maintenence I may feel differently, but for now I'm still losing and don't feel deprived at all...so like I said earlier perhaps it's time for me to exercise gratitude and acceptance.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Avellaneda
I've watched your posts and I've always thought your journey sounded really similar to mine (especially that post about your wife's leftover fresh fruit which I found extremely helpful.)

Re: "belly fat" or whatever you want to call it - you may find that this is the time to hire a trainer who could really kick your exercise regime into high gear and help you target that part of your body that still concerns you. Might be a different experience to shake up your system and help you lose those last few.
Avellaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetMe678
Stats: 354/334/145 ~ June 3
WOE: Atkins/Gluten Free
Start Date: 11/30/2012
I posted in another place already, so I am copying here as well. Trillex went way further than I did explaining certain things

Here is what I posted previously:
There are a few tidbits I am aware of about belly fat (this is where I am the largest),
I had read once when doing a research paper on ptsd that cortisol a stress hormone, causes your body to store and hold onto the fat in your abdominal area.

Also in another study (I don't recall how accurate these studies were) they found that the fat in your abdomen is different than the fat in other parts of your body, especially if you have visceral or intra-abdominal fat (fat under your muscles). If I remember correctly, the two ways to help your body with that is to supplement with fish oil (up to 6 pills a day) and to get plenty of cardiovascular exercise, like 30-60 minutes a day.

I also know there was a study done, that showed women who exercised more than 45 minutes a day tended to lose more belly fat in conjunction with diet, than did their 30 minute a day counterparts, even when the 30 minute a day, showed the same calories burned.

My Journal

*Everything I say is my opinion or a sharing of my experiences.
SweetMe678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gladiator
After reading of this thread I am going to cycle. Only question do you know which is best food for women who have fat on belly and inner thighs.
I agree that usually exercise burn fat from everywhere. I am getting to have three cushions on my body.

Last edited by Gladiator; 04-01-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote