Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   ketone strip question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/800565-ketone-strip-question.html)

SchoolPsych1979 03-28-2013 06:24 PM

ketone strip question

I had bought Lindora ketone strips when I attempted lindora years ago. I did a test a min ago and it goes by shades of purple. So mine came up "moderate", so light purple. Today is day 4. Does that sound like I'm on track?

SchoolPsych1979 03-28-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchoolPsych1979 (Post 16342237)
I had bought Lindora ketone strips when I attempted lindora years ago. I did a test a min ago and it goes by shades of purple. So mine came up "moderate", so light purple. Today is day 4. Does that sound like I'm on track?

Correction. I mean, I know I'm on track cause I'm losing weight. My real question is, what does color does a person not in ketosis read?

Ntombi 03-28-2013 06:38 PM

A person not in ketosis will show negative.

Sometimes a person who is in ketosis will still read negative, but if you get a positive reading of any type, you're in ketosis. There is little chance of a false positive, but there is some chance of a false negative.

SchoolPsych1979 03-28-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16342267)
A person not in ketosis will show negative.

Sometimes a person who is in ketosis will still read negative, but if you get a positive reading of any type, you're in ketosis. There is little chance of a false positive, but there is some chance of a false negative.

Thank u. RE read my message and I was like, I hope people don't think I'm dumb or something cause I couldn't phrase my question correctly lol. I have a master's degree, I swear haha. Thank you for your answer. Makes sense.

SchoolPsych1979 03-28-2013 07:02 PM

As side note I have that metallic taste :( I was in a meeting and I think people can smell it on my breath. Any remedies besides mints?

ziva 03-28-2013 07:03 PM

Feels good to see purple doesn't it? Ive noticed when I drink a lot of water I go to moderate instead of large.

SchoolPsych1979 03-28-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziva (Post 16342329)
Feels good to see purple doesn't it? Ive noticed when I drink a lot of water I go to moderate instead of large.

Yes I'm drinking more water but not in purpose but because I'm always thirsty.

raindroproses 03-28-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchoolPsych1979 (Post 16342324)
As side note I have that metallic taste :( I was in a meeting and I think people can smell it on my breath. Any remedies besides mints?

I heard there's a really good mouthwash that people use on here, but I can't remember the name of it. I just remember it's really pricey, but one of the only things that supposedly works :laugh:

Myself, I usually just chew a piece of SF gum. I found some sweetened with Xylitol that only has 1 carb per piece, so I don't feel TOO bad in those social situations just having to chew one. It lasts a while too, and as a bonus it keeps me from snacking if there's food laying around :)