Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Fast or eat? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/800548-fast-eat.html)

Nancypie11 03-28-2013 11:54 AM

Fast or eat?
 
So I'm on day 2 of not feeling like to eat. How many of you just don't eat? Any tips?:dunno:

AsmallerME 03-28-2013 12:09 PM

That feeling usually passes. Just don't eat. I bet you'll be hungry tonight or tomorrow.

lisamt 03-28-2013 12:34 PM

I wouldn't be too concerned, just eat when you are hungry. My appetite tends to fluctuate. Some days I don't want to eat much at all, and other times I feel like I could wrestle a bear for food. Thankfully I don't have to or I would probably end up as bear food.

Strawberry 03-28-2013 12:53 PM

I only eat if I am actually hungry.

Just make sure you have some yummy low carb food on hand for when hunger does hit!

raindroproses 03-28-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamt (Post 16341671)
I wouldn't be too concerned, just eat when you are hungry. My appetite tends to fluctuate. Some days I don't want to eat much at all, and other times I feel like I could wrestle a bear for food. Thankfully I don't have to or I would probably end up as bear food.

:hyst:

Knittering 03-28-2013 01:57 PM

I definitely don't eat when I'm not hungry. There's plenty of times when I want to eat the paint off the walls, so. :)

mamabear6 03-28-2013 02:19 PM

I haven't had much of an appetite for a couple weeks. I only eat when I'm actually hungry, and don't obsess over food. I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you drink fluids at least to stay hydrated.

ziva 03-28-2013 07:24 PM

Ive been skipping lunch and eating twice a day. I could skip donner too but i ususlly est a few ounces of meat anywsy. Ive always heard you should eat every few hours to keep metabolism up.... no experience in how this impacts weight loss but I know Adkins mentions it in his book.

rubidoux 03-29-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziva (Post 16342361)
Ive been skipping lunch and eating twice a day. I could skip donner too but i ususlly est a few ounces of meat anywsy. Ive always heard you should eat every few hours to keep metabolism up.... no experience in how this impacts weight loss but I know Adkins mentions it in his book.

This hasn't been true for me at all. I usually eat once a day and have had a good run of weight loss. If I was eating multiple times a day, I'm pretty sure I'd be on the couch with a pint of ice cream in no time. :o I think it's really liberating to just not have to think about food almost ever.

mamabear6 03-29-2013 04:23 AM

I completely disagree with the old adage of eating every few hours. Not for everyone, that's for sure. I say just eat when you're hungry. Why force yourself? Your body knows what it needs. Also, I have always lost just fine by listening to my body, and sometimes that means eating only once a day, or two small meals in a day.

wastednuffime 03-30-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabear6 (Post 16342601)
I completely disagree with the old adage of eating every few hours. Not for everyone, that's for sure. I say just eat when you're hungry. Why force yourself? Your body knows what it needs. Also, I have always lost just fine by listening to my body, and sometimes that means eating only once a day, or two small meals in a day.

Yup,...

Listen to *YOUR* body!! I think if more of us did, we would have never developed a weight problem in the first place...

Unfortunately, for years, I allowed my *mind* and emotions dictate my eating habits. Now, I am totally in tuned to my needs physically, and only eat when and what I want!! Some days its 3 meals and many other days it not...All depends...On average, I do great with eating 2x a day...:up:

Need to also add,...the above opinion does not pertain to those with diabetes, other metabolic disorders, so forth and so on..

creseis 03-30-2013 08:53 AM

If you exercise a lot, it could be important to eat regularly. If you skip a meal, it might bring on huge carbohydrate cravings from insulin depravity. Also make sure you are drinking water consistently.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:21 PM.