Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Disappointing goal reward (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/800503-disappointing-goal-reward.html)

Jordy272 03-27-2013 09:30 PM

Disappointing goal reward

So I started my weight loss journey at 197 pounds.. my goal reward was once I got to 165 pounds I would get my belly button pierced! I finally hit that goal so today I went to get it pierced and they said my belly button doesn't have a "lip" and they couldn't do it.. :dunno:

Just kind of bummed out right now :console:

sillykimmie 03-27-2013 09:44 PM

:console: I'm sorry that you couldn't get your goal reward.
Is there anything else that you could reward yourself with?

Jordy272 03-27-2013 09:53 PM

I'm sure there is just can't really think of anything :/

raindroproses 03-27-2013 09:57 PM

Awww I'm so sorry that happened :console:

I've never heard of that before... have you gotten a second opinion from another place, or are you pretty sure their assessment was right?

I'm just trying to think of possible options for you, but if there really is no way a piercing is possible maybe you can think of something else given a little bit of time :)

kiwistars 03-28-2013 01:16 AM

If they can do piercings on a random piece of skin like an earl ,they can do a belly button.I have no lip and mine was pierced.Go to a more experienced shop.

creseis 03-28-2013 02:37 PM

Yeah that's nuts... Someone should be able to pierce it if u have skin there!

kiwistars 03-28-2013 02:49 PM

I don't know if you did but don't go to a mall type place.Find an actual established piercing shop where the piercers do a proper apprenticeship as well.

MtherGoos 03-28-2013 03:29 PM

How about a cute little tattoo around your belly button? Not the same, but still cute.

kiwistars 03-28-2013 03:33 PM

that is a cute idea too. :)

rotay60 03-28-2013 06:41 PM

I know several people that were overweight, that got a piercing above their navel ( or else you would not have been able to even tell that there was a piercing), and there was no "lip" there.

jazills 03-28-2013 10:15 PM

Aw! I'm sorry hun...I would try for a second opinion though. Tattoos are cute too. I had the same idea was to get a belly button piercing when i got to 130 :) Actually my mom brought this challenge on...I'm like challenge accepted...watch me. She said she would even pay for it.

snowdancer79 03-29-2013 05:25 AM

Definitely go to another piercing place. I've never heard of such a thing. I'm pretty sure that most anyone can get their belly button pierced.

AsmallerME 03-29-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdancer79 (Post 16342672)
Definitely go to another piercing place. I've never heard of such a thing. I'm pretty sure that most anyone can get their belly button pierced.

Ditto. I've never heard of this and know lots of people of all shapes and sizes who have gotten their belly button's pierced.

mamabear6 03-29-2013 05:49 AM

find a better shop!!! Experienced piercers can do anything, trust me. There should be no reason why you can't get your belly button pierced. Good luck and don't fret!

kiwistars 03-29-2013 11:33 AM

I have seen people of all weights get two rows of twenty each side of their spine so they can lace a ribbon down their back.Piercing has no limits other than medical safety and the piercers imagination:)

Jordy272 03-30-2013 06:08 PM

Thank you guys!! I will definately check out another shop I went to HTC piercing shop in tempe arizona which is highly rated.. He just said that the piercing would most likely reject or leave a horrible scar.. (which I don't want either of those) I'll try somewhere else :D

kiwistars 03-30-2013 08:04 PM

some surface skin ones will grow out depending on many factors but they don't suddenly move half an inch over night.you get warning in time to remove this if it is going to happen.

like a lot of body alterations some piercings are not permanent or need upkeep.

mamabear6 03-30-2013 08:08 PM

I'd think it would be difficult for a belly piercing to reject.. I happen to be the kind of person that can't get surface piercings.. like eyebrows or anywhere else. They reject. Was able to get micro dermals on my chest though. And when I was younger I was able to get a belly button piercing with no problems at all, it was just the 2nd lower belly button piercing that rejected! In any case, the scar isn't bad and hardly noticeable now. This should definitely be a possibility for you :)

raindroproses 03-30-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordy272 (Post 16345401)
Thank you guys!! I will definately check out another shop I went to HTC piercing shop in tempe arizona which is highly rated.. He just said that the piercing would most likely reject or leave a horrible scar.. (which I don't want either of those) I'll try somewhere else :D

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

baileygirl3 03-31-2013 08:52 AM

I really want a belly button ring, but after 3 kids there is no way I guess that would happen, I have lots of work to do still on that area. Maybe one day for me!!! Good luck to ya though!