Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   almost done with second day.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/800389-almost-done-second-day.html)

SchoolPsych1979 03-26-2013 06:41 PM

almost done with second day....

I haven't lasted this long in 5 years so it's a big deal. I'm cranky and headachy and tired. I just need to get past this week!

I am drinking my coffee with sugar free creamer but second ingredient is "corn syrup solids". Only 1 carb per tbls. Should I let it go?

Also down 6 pounds since sun night!

clackley 03-26-2013 07:16 PM

Great work! If you want to relieve the head ache, try a cup or 2 pf broth. Make sure it is regular salt. And yes, lose the creamer and go for heavy cream. KUTGW!!

jeaniem 03-26-2013 07:20 PM

Congrats on making it through Day 2, I hope to be saying the same soon!

raindroproses 03-26-2013 09:39 PM

Congrats! That's definitely an accomplishment! It does get better, so definitely try that bone broth if you get headachey again and try and stick it out... you're doing great :)

If you can avoid that creamer, I'd definitely try to cut it out! Heavy whipping cream is awesome in coffee and tea I've found, and you can use any sweetener you like at that point or even sugar free syrups... SO much better, and a whole lot of fun too with all the variety that's out there. I miss the convenience of those flavored creamers sometimes too, but in the end I find I'm a lot happier (and healthier!) without :)

SchoolPsych1979 03-26-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16338378)
Congrats! That's definitely an accomplishment! It does get better, so definitely try that bone broth if you get headachey again and try and stick it out... you're doing great :)

If you can avoid that creamer, I'd definitely try to cut it out! Heavy whipping cream is awesome in coffee and tea I've found, and you can use any sweetener you like at that point or even sugar free syrups... SO much better, and a whole lot of fun too with all the variety that's out there. I miss the convenience of those flavored creamers sometimes too, but in the end I find I'm a lot happier (and healthier!) without :)

I always thought heavy cream made my tummy hurt because it's so thick. Any ideas on how to lighten it up?

raindroproses 03-26-2013 11:19 PM

Hmm... I'm really not sure why it could be causing your stomach to hurt if you're mixing it in with things. I'm actually lactose intolerant myself, and while milk causes me to get sick the heavy whipping cream doesn't harm my stomach at all. Could it possibly be because your body hasn't adapted to the higher fat, lower carb way of eating yet? The vast majority of us use it because it's high in fat and very low in carbs compared to milk or half and half.

I'd give it a shot again once your body starts adapting to eating more fat, assuming you're trying to stick with low carb/high fat. I'm surprised it'd cause issue when it's already diluted in the coffee or tea you're drinking, but maybe if it'd help you could dilute it a little further by mixing heavy cream with a little water? That'd probably make it closer to the thickness of half and half I'd think!

SchoolPsych1979 03-27-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16338441)
Hmm... I'm really not sure why it could be causing your stomach to hurt if you're mixing it in with things. I'm actually lactose intolerant myself, and while milk causes me to get sick the heavy whipping cream doesn't harm my stomach at all. Could it possibly be because your body hasn't adapted to the higher fat, lower carb way of eating yet? The vast majority of us use it because it's high in fat and very low in carbs compared to milk or half and half.

I'd give it a shot again once your body starts adapting to eating more fat, assuming you're trying to stick with low carb/high fat. I'm surprised it'd cause issue when it's already diluted in the coffee or tea you're drinking, but maybe if it'd help you could dilute it a little further by mixing heavy cream with a little water? That'd probably make it closer to the thickness of half and half I'd think!

Ok I brewed some coffee tonight and put it in fridge so my iced coffee I'd good to go tomorrow. I put unsweetened coco to make it interesting. I think I'm going to do half hwc and half of that creamer I bought. I just bought it and dying want to waste it. Plus I figure if I just use half of what I was using it's a big improvement.

I'm already feeling the decrease in appetite! Day two done!

GreytMuse 03-27-2013 06:56 AM

Good job on staying with it so far! It's cliche, but really true: One day at a time! Make sure you have meal plans in place and set yourself up for the best success possible! :)

SchoolPsych1979 03-27-2013 08:36 AM

Thank you..Down 8 pounds as of this morning. Today is 3rd day. Half way through withdrawal. One day at a time, yes!

jazills 03-27-2013 08:58 AM

Awesome!! Keep it up YOU can do it!!! I'm on my 3rd week and this is the longest I've been back on the wagon in a long time so I can relate! Stay strong!! It will get easier!

Carol 03-27-2013 09:32 AM

WOW, 8 lbs. already? :jumpjoy: Much of that could be water so I agree with the broth idea--if dehydration is causing headaches, that'll help.

Hope you feel better soon--I started last Sat. & after a couple of days started feeling AWESOME... more energy than I've had in a long time. Hope you get that way too!

DeterminedMomWithKids 03-27-2013 10:06 AM

I'm on 3rd day too. tired and cranky too. i've eaten totally on plan. maybe too many calories yesterday. noticed a slight gain from yesterday to today. only down .8 lbs in 3 days. i also am not drinking enough water. that might be a problem too.

i did this for 3 weeks straight (my longest stretch ever) and was't down much. then i went off for 2 weeks to drink and celebrate my birthday (turned into a 2 week binge).

so i'm just getting thru making sure i have the right foods to use.

SchoolPsych1979 03-27-2013 10:12 AM

Thanks everyone. Most def it's water weight since our glycogen stores hold a lot of water I guess. But regardless I'm feeling better this morning!

SchoolPsych1979 03-27-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeterminedMomWithKids (Post 16339218)
I'm on 3rd day too. tired and cranky too. i've eaten totally on plan. maybe too many calories yesterday. noticed a slight gain from yesterday to today. only down .8 lbs in 3 days. i also am not drinking enough water. that might be a problem too.

i did this for 3 weeks straight (my longest stretch ever) and was't down much. then i went off for 2 weeks to drink and celebrate my birthday (turned into a 2 week binge).

so i'm just getting thru making sure i have the right foods to use.

I have been making a lot of my food. In 2007 I lost 35 pounds in 7 weeks..since then I haven't been able to last even one day so it's pretty incredible. If I can make it past tomorrow I think I'm home free. Just gotta push through. I also eat a lot without restrictions as long as it's just fat and protein.