LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
In My Head

OK so last week I did this big bike ride adventure and it wasn't exactly low carb. It was really really cold. I barely ate enough as it was because I didn't want to ever stop moving, but I did manage to open some Gu with my big poofy gloves. I have no idea how I opened the pocket zipper in my jacket!

In any case, I was like, OK I can't do ketosis anymore, I can't do low carb, I just can't. I don't want to, I can't do it. This was in my head all weekend and on Monday.

What did I eat? I went out with my friends and ordered French Onion soup, a bleu cheese burger with onion rings instead of fries. I got the soup, ate 1/3 of the broth and onions and cheese and was FULL. The burger and onion rings came. My team manager person was like, IF YOU EAT THOSE ONION RINGS YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL SOOOO SICK AND YOU HAVE TO RIDE TOMORROW! I felt sick just looking at them! I took a bite of the burger and she said I had to eat it because I needed the nutrition. I ate about 2/3 of it without the bun. I didn't want the bun at all. I gave my onion rings to her husband.

The next day I ate gus and stuff during the ride. When I got home, I was sooo hungry and I had some pizza from the corner store. It felt horrible. I mean I got all bloated and felt really sick to my stomach. Still, I was like, I don't care, I'm not doing LC anymore. NO MORE.

The next morning I had turkey sausage and cheese for breakfast, 2 morningstar grillers (which are very low carb veggie burgers made with tvp) for lunch, and an Atkins bar for a snack and fish for dinner.

Still, in my head, I'm like, I AM NOT DOING LC ANYMORE, I am just not feeling like eating carbs because they suck and make me sick.

So yeah. This whole week has been that. I Am NOT doing LC anymore. I am just eating what I want to eat. Which is all coincidentally low carb.

I also put on a pair of pants today that were tight on me last week and today they were a little loose.

But I am NOT doing LC anymore. I swear. I am SO DONE with ketosis. Sick of it!!!

I had fish and broccoli with butter and lemon for dinner tonight. And some 90% lindt chocolate.

I had an Atkins bar today and it really made my gut really unhappy!!! No more of that either!

And Passover is coming up in a few days and I'm actually relieved because I can't stand matzoh or any matzoh products. *phew* I get to eat only meat and dairy and dark chocolate.

I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow morning, I am going to have a VERY HIGH CARB scrambled eggs with cheese and peppers.

You see where I am going with this. It's all in my head. I don't want to eat carbs, I can't stand them, but at the same time my brain is screwed up and thinks it's being deprived or something. Geez.

Last edited by creseis; 03-22-2013 at 07:52 PM..
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: picklepete
The biggest hazard in any WOE is probably the "prison mentality" where we mark the days with chalk until we can "escape" and release the tension in donut form. But it's probably wiser to design a life from the ground up that we can enjoy and be proud of, even if it doesn't resemble anyone else's. I struggle too--my inner pudgy 8-year-old is very loud and very confusing.
picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
I think we have to take what we read and hear with a grain of salt and do what works. For some people LC just doesn't work. I say, let it go and just eat whatever you feel like eating
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
At least you are not actually eating the carbs. If I get that same mentality, I eat the carbs, feel like crap, and stay in bed. It's horrible.

As far as Passover goes, it's one of my favorite holidays, but I am going to pass on the matzoh. I found gluten free matzoh meal for my DD who loves matzoh ball soup. I also got her some GF matzoh. She's happy.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NineOhNine
Stats: 250/225/155
WOE: Generic <72 carbs/day
I acknowledge that I can eat whatever I want, and occasionally I veer into what might be called recreational eating, but as time goes on LC/paleo/primal food is just what I eat. There are so many options within that framework that I'm content with it.

Last edited by NineOhNine; 03-23-2013 at 12:26 PM..
NineOhNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinkingviolet
Stats: 248/238.4/140
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Oct 2010, restarting July 2014
I tend to feel rebellious if I get into the mentality that I must eat this way, and not that way. So it's all about choice. My daughter said the other day she had some chocolates and then she said oh poor mum, she can't have any. And I said actually I can have whatever I want! I choose not to eat the carby stuff 99% of the time because I feel better when I don't and I lose weight. Then occasionally I really, really want something carby and I think about it and sometimes I'll have it. Then I won't beat myself up about it, I'll enjoy it, and then it's back to eating LC again. As long as you always know you have the choice, you don't feel powerless and start craving and wanting what you 'can't' have. Weirdly last time I did atkins, if I had a high carb day, I'd often see quite a substantial loss the following morning. Metabolism or something maybe.
Shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
It's definitely all in our heads. If I sit here and think omg just a few more pounds and I can finally have that krispy kreme donut I've been longing for them I'm setting myself up for failure. I'm not perfect and I have broken down and listened to my head and ultimately resulted in gaining some weight back, multiple times. From now on I only like to think about all the delicious foods that I crave that are low carb because it keeps my tummy happy. I am starting to think that I might have a gluten intolerance because everytime I eat carbs and things with gluten my stomach feels horrible, much worse that the effects of just eating regular foods high in carbs without gluten. Because of this I find that sticking to LC is much easier than it used to be.
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258

babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
Over the last few weeks, I've definitely had a shift of thinking... I allowed myself to have carbs mostly because I was at my bf's a lot and visiting relatives, always on the road, and how could I cook for myself? I tried Atkins bars, but they gave me terrible stomach cramps. I was SO RELIEVED to get home and be able to eat my own food, no cravings at all for any carbs or processed low carb food. Meat and cheese! I feel great. No more bloating. I just really do not like carbs anymore!
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote