Old 03-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieJack View Post
I just saw this the other day about a woman who list 180 lbs and found that it did not bring her the happiness she sought. Interesting read.

Woman who shed 180lbs after weight loss surgery reveals how 'the fairy tale of being skinny' was an 'astonishing' disappointment | Mail Online
This made me think of the new book out "Stranger Here: How Weight Loss Surgery Transformed My Body and Messed with My Head" . She thought that losing the weight would be the end all and be all for her. But it wasn't. Very interesting thread here.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: teri f
Stats: 203/127/125
WOE: High fat VLC
Start Date: Original start: January 3, 2001. Restart 6/18/2007
My happiness is not contingent on what number pops up on the scale. However, I'm very happy that I wear a size 2 instead of a size 20, I'm very happy that I have the energy to participate in my very busy and active life, and I'm very happy to have the health benefits of being at a normal weight and BMI.
teri f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zombiegoat2000
Stats: Start 296.0#/258/150# 5'8" Female
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January2012
Sorry for your loss

Do I think that losing weight will make me instantly happy, heck no I'm a realist! However I will be happy with being able to walk more than 10yards without sweating and coughing up a lung. I will be happy to not have to pay extra for plus size clothing, and as far as a social life, I use to have one of those but my job ate it!

Happiness comes from within and knowing who you are as person and basing your value on that and what you believe in, not what you look like. Inner beauty's light can never be dimmed by anyone or anything other than your own self-doubt! Stay strong!

Start Weight:296/281.0/150.0

No more fat roll hanging over my ring!
zombiegoat2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I know plenty of unhappy thin people. I don't expect weight loss will make me any more or less happy than I am now. When I was about 25 I separated my body image from my self image. Until then I had measured a lot of my self worth based on how much I weighed and what other other people thought of me. Something switched at that point and I decided I would live my life and be happy wherever I was at. Now, am I happy to be losing weight at the current time? Yes. Will I be able to do fun things that I haven't been able to do in a long time once I am thinner? Yes. But will I be happier on a day to day basis? Unlikely. I am pretty happy right now. Winning the lottery would probably make me much happier than losing the weight, to be honest!

Last edited by Mistizoom; 03-31-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gladiator
Only notice
Happiness is about that I eat what my body needs. My weight is one of symptoms of many others, my healthy stool , my healthy nails, my ability to run, ...
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gladiator
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegoat2000 View Post

Happiness comes from within and knowing who you are as person and basing your value on that and what you believe in, not what you look like. Inner beauty's light can never be dimmed by anyone or anything other than your own self-doubt! Stay strong!
I agree more than 100%
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote