Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amy+grace
Stats: 200/189/175
Start Date: March 2013
Hello! New and have a question

I had done South Beach several years ago with great success, and am ready to start low-carbing again. I've been on WW since January and have lost 11 lbs. However, I've developed severe GERD, and have done a lot of research that suggests that low-carb reduces or cures GERD, so I'm all about giving it a shot!

Anyway, my question is if anyone can point me to a comparison chart of some sort that may outline the various LC diets. I don't know if such a thing exists, but if so, it would be really helpful in deciding which diet to follow. For example, I do not want to be eating a lot (or any at all) of aspartame. SB encourages a lot of foods with aspartame, right? And Atkins...seems a little too strict for me, especially with the idea of ketone testing and that if I have a drop of sugar I'll be "out of ketosis"??

Does anyone know of a good comparison chart to help in deciding which LC to go on? Thank you SO much for any help you can give!!
amy+grace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Hi and Welcome!

I don't have a chart for you - I'm sure someone here will though. However, I had the same problem with GERD as you. I was taking Prilosec daily to control my heartburn. I cut out wheat and high sugar foods and within a week I was able to stop taking the meds. So I think any LC plan you choose will help with your GERD.
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Read Why We Get Fat by Taubes and Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis and create your own eating plan.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I think that if you Google, you'll find places where they compare diet plans. I've seen such sites in the past.

However, you may want to check the actual plan for specifics before you decide that something is 'too strict' or requires a lot of aspertame. Most plans allow for a variety of choices. For example, I eat NO sweeteners at all, and my WOE is not incompatible with any plan I know.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abitobeef
Well its all low carb or as I like to say no carb diets
abitobeef is offline   Reply With Quote