Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Back again. Maybe. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799929-back-again-maybe.html)

gardenofsimple 03-20-2013 05:35 AM

Back again. Maybe.

So. I started LC in 2010 before getting pregnant with my third child. I lost weight, felt in control of my cravings, my depression and anxiety lessened and I was bounding with energy.
I went off track during my pregnancy and haven't found my way back. I postponed the first year because I was nursing. I'm still nursing, often, it since he eats table food as well I'm not as concerned if it affects the taste or supply because I would be comfortable weaning now.
I can't get back on track though. I've decided a half dozen times since summer that I'm ready. Gonna do this. And then I do. For breakfast. I'm usually off track by noon.
I dunno if it makes a difference that I'm stuck inside a lot cause its cold and winter and I'm a SAHM now with one car to share. I just have no will power or motivation to change. I want to. I need to, I just can't seem to build up the momentum to DO IT. Plus, being winter, hi carbs. Homemade bread nearly every day :/

Tips? Advice for getting back into it? I know once I can get through the first week my body will take over from there, it becomes increasingly easy for me to stay on plan cause I'm not hungry all the time and the cravings disappear.

Last time I followed Atkins and did induction and I feel like that's probably the way to start again, but I'm. It even making it through a day, so I'm open to other ideas as well.

mom23kids 03-20-2013 06:08 AM

:welcome: I'm also a sahm who stays home most of the time :) Starting out I'd just spend some time browsing this site-there's lots of plans represented here, both low carb and not low carb. Read about some of the different options and see which one would be the best fit for your lifestyle :)

lterry913 03-20-2013 07:16 AM

First advice...quit making the bread...it's like someone who smokes buying cigarettes and has them lying around, says they are going to stop but keeps buying...doesn't make sense...temptation is not good.
Why not try induction, work your way up the ladder and if you are a good baker work on developing a GOOD lc bread...there aren't many out there. If you figure out a recipe please share.

tymom 03-20-2013 07:18 AM

My advice is to read. Gary Tabues, "Why We Get Fat", Davis "Wheat Belly", as well as DANDR. Much motivation will come when you read those books! Also i recommend Tom Naughtons' DVD "Fat Head" which is a humorous take on some of the same information.

Once you are well motivated, the rest will follow. And, with a small child to care for, you have much to look forward to!

Welcome and good luck!

CindyCRNA 03-20-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16326198)
First advice...quit making the bread...it's like someone who smokes buying cigarettes and has them lying around, says they are going to stop but keeps buying...doesn't make sense...temptation is not good.

This 100%! The hardest is the first few days of getting back on the bandwagon but Spring is around the corner!

reddarin 03-20-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymom (Post 16326203)
My advice is to read. Gary Tabues, "Why We Get Fat", Davis "Wheat Belly", as well as DANDR. Much motivation will come when you read those books! Also i recommend Tom Naughtons' DVD "Fat Head" which is a humorous take on some of the same information.

Once you are well motivated, the rest will follow. And, with a small child to care for, you have much to look forward to!

Welcome and good luck!

Exactly what I was going to say. Read those two books and watch Fat Head. It is easy to get back on track when you know that what you are doing and have some solid informational footing.

gardenofsimple 03-20-2013 08:48 AM

We may be going grain free as a family here soon anyway, my 9 year old is getting tested for gluten sensitivity and celiacs.

I've decided it's lunch that kills me everyday. Breakfast is easy. Dinner is easy. It's lunch and midday snacks now that I'm home,

tinamanni 03-20-2013 08:53 AM

I am pretty new to the boards but have followed Atkins for some time. I always restart induction after a day off (such as holiday, etc). And every time it is hard. For me, the first 3 days are the hardest. It's the process of just getting back into ketosis once knocked off. After the 3 days I crave none of the sugar or wheat stuff and do just fine.

So, sometime last year I made a promise to myself. I promised that I will get through the first 3 days. If I still don't want to stay on then I won't. It's never happened because those 3 days are my key to success. They are super hard 3 days but after that I am perfectly good to go.

I do the same thing with exercise. I allow myself to leave after 15 minutes if I still don't want to work out. Once I'm there I never leave but just letting myself have the out works

gardenofsimple 03-20-2013 08:57 AM

That's not a bad idea. I know my energy and mood results were within a week last time.