LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Coke-A-Cola Freestyle Machine

For anyone else who has been curious about whether or not the coke a cola freestyle machines that have been popping up in food places lately are truly sugar free or zero calorie or whatnot, I found a site that lists the calorie content of each one.

(SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM)
http://www.firehousesubs.com/App_The...tritionals.pdf
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: picklepete
Looks like the lemonade and fruity flavors add up to 10-20 kcal.

I've seen these at Qdoba and Davani's around here. Clever technology but IMO they taste a little strange so I stick to boring diet coke.
picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I must admit that I adore the diet grape! I saw grape dada I, but not the fanta diet grape. I coulda missed it, that chart was hard to look at on my phone. But I don't really wanna know if it has a few calories. I get one very infrequently and it makes it possible to watch my family scarf down the yummy fries at five guys.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Byrd328
Stats: 267/222/150
WOE: Eggs/Meat/Cheese and more Eggs
Start Date: April 2011
I always wondered too.. I don't know how they work but I always questioned when I select a zero is it giving me zero or regular, could someone put the wrong syrup in the wrong slot. I love the flavor combinations though.

Sidebar-Babycakez you look amazing! I used to secretly follow you since we started around the same weight but I'm stuck..jumping back on now for summer
Byrd328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklepete View Post

I've seen these at Qdoba and Davani's around here. Clever technology but IMO they taste a little strange so I stick to boring diet coke.
Yep! I usually stick to my cans of cherry coke zero but when I do go to a place that has the freestyle I can't help but get a grape fanta zero. I actually tried raspberry fanta zero last night and wasn't that imressed.. I think I'll stick with my grape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I must admit that I adore the diet grape! I saw grape dada I, but not the fanta diet grape. I coulda missed it, that chart was hard to look at on my phone. But I don't really wanna know if it has a few calories. I get one very infrequently and it makes it possible to watch my family scarf down the yummy fries at five guys.
the fanta grape zero is my favorite! To me the little bit of calories don't bother me but to some it does. I am just glad that I finally found a place to list the facts on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd328 View Post
I always wondered too.. I don't know how they work but I always questioned when I select a zero is it giving me zero or regular, could someone put the wrong syrup in the wrong slot. I love the flavor combinations though.

Sidebar-Babycakez you look amazing! I used to secretly follow you since we started around the same weight but I'm stuck..jumping back on now for summer
True, I wonder if there is possibility for human error here. At first I didn't think twice, when I see zero I assume all of it is zero calories and sugar free since all the ones in the stores are. Then last night I though about it and did some research when I came across a picture of what it looks like inside the machine and noticed that they are just regular soda cartridges like coke, diet, zero ect. and then the flavors below, cherry grape, strawberry etc, and it made me wonder if the syrup had sugar but the soda didn't... I got worried for a second but according to that site it is sugar free.. hopefully the information is right. I must admit I've been stuck at 197 for over a week and had a huge 20 oz. raspberry fanta zero last night with my meal from burger king and I was finally down to 196 this morning... so I guess it's right!

btw, I used to secretly stalk you too until I fell off the wagon, and I kept trying to come back here every few months but would only last a month if that. I have finally broken through that cycle of losing the same 20 pounds over and over again. I am more motivated than ever now that I've gotten past that 203 mark I kept getting stuck at. I really hope to see you make a comeback and continue forward with me!
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258

Last edited by babycakez; 03-20-2013 at 07:25 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I think the main thing is the minute maid lite lemonade - it has 5 cals, 1 carb per 8 oz serving... so in a 32 ounce cup, yeah that adds up.

It looks like the strawberry and raspberry flavor additions contribute 5 cals, and I would assume 1 carb.

I LOVE those freestyle machines! They put on in my hospital and in a 7-11 I frequent! Personally, I'm not going to stress bigtime about 1 extra carb.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklepete View Post

We have them here at a few places. I think they taste a bit 'off'. Diet Coke is my drink of choice when dining out.
WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Byrd328
Stats: 267/222/150
WOE: Eggs/Meat/Cheese and more Eggs
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
Yep! I usually stick to my cans of cherry coke zero but when I do go to a place that has the freestyle I can't help but get a grape fanta zero. I actually tried raspberry fanta zero last night and wasn't that imressed.. I think I'll stick with my grape.

the fanta grape zero is my favorite! To me the little bit of calories don't bother me but to some it does. I am just glad that I finally found a place to list the facts on their site.

True, I wonder if there is possibility for human error here. At first I didn't think twice, when I see zero I assume all of it is zero calories and sugar free since all the ones in the stores are. Then last night I though about it and did some research when I came across a picture of what it looks like inside the machine and noticed that they are just regular soda cartridges like coke, diet, zero ect. and then the flavors below, cherry grape, strawberry etc, and it made me wonder if the syrup had sugar but the soda didn't... I got worried for a second but according to that site it is sugar free.. hopefully the information is right. I must admit I've been stuck at 197 for over a week and had a huge 20 oz. raspberry fanta zero last night with my meal from burger king and I was finally down to 196 this morning... so I guess it's right!

btw, I used to secretly stalk you too until I fell off the wagon, and I kept trying to come back here every few months but would only last a month if that. I have finally broken through that cycle of losing the same 20 pounds over and over again. I am more motivated than ever now that I've gotten past that 203 mark I kept getting stuck at. I really hope to see you make a comeback and continue forward with me!
Aww...Yeah, I've been off and on too. First it was birthdays and then the holidays.. I gained about 15 back, so now I'm trying to buckle down. I wish the weight came off as quickly as it goes on. Have you been working out also? You have definitly motivated me, so now I'm back to stalking you
Byrd328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd328 View Post
Aww...Yeah, I've been off and on too. First it was birthdays and then the holidays.. I gained about 15 back, so now I'm trying to buckle down. I wish the weight came off as quickly as it goes on. Have you been working out also? You have definitly motivated me, so now I'm back to stalking you
Yep it was always a birthday party or a holiday to throw me off too. I still don't work out and don't plan on it until I get closer to goal when I want to tone up a bit. I hate exercising so it's gonna take a lot to get me to finally do it! Stalk away, I'm NOT going anywhere this time! I'm excited to see your progress so I will be keeping my eyes on you!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rakh
I updated the link:
Freestyle Machine Nutrition courtesy of Firehouse Subs

still need to scroll to the bottom (the whole bottom fourth of the menu is Freestyle combos - just the 100% of the same mix ones).

since this is of great interest to my husband. We get Wendy's single, double, or triple with no tomato, no ketchup, no bun and that's pretty low carb (3 maybe), and they have a Freestyle machine.
rakh is offline   Reply With Quote