Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mema7762
Stats: 156/156/135
What low carb plan should I try???

Hello! I was hoping to get some advice from some veteran low carbers...

I am interested in starting a low carb lifestyle and in the meantime shed about 20 pounds. As far as diets go, I initially need a good jump start to keep me motivated, meaning some good weight loss up front. I realize it always slows down and am ok with that and have no problem putting the work in.

My problem is choosing the plan that will deliver the best results and be sustainable. I am torn between Atkins, South Beach, Paleo/Primal... Would anyone recommend a plan and be willing to give me some feedback on results?

I have been yo-yo dieting for about the past 8 months and want to put an end to it. I would appreciate any advice, books, tips, etc. anyone could provide to help me with my decision!

Thanks!
Mema7762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
I would honestly go with Atkins, given what you said! Induction will give you some of those results fairly quickly that you're looking for, and it'll lay a good foundation for you to learn how your body reacts to carbs and will give you the means to eliminate those cravings and bad habits that cause yo-yo dieting. I was a yo-yo-er too honestly, and while I didn't go through Induction exactly, I know it's helped many people stay on track and build a good nutrition base. But those are just my two cents
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: picklepete
Unless the plans directly contradict each other you could take lessons from each. For example the Hartwig "Whole 30" is a sudden Paleo intervention and you could apply the Atkins carb counts to it.

If you're dealing with any sort of food dependencies, start finding replacements for your sugar and wheat foods immediately--even if you need more time to find a formal plan, that's the one step every plan has in common.
picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote