Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: HW160/started at 142.8/Current 115 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
Question about stress and weight.

Short back ground:
For almost 2 years I had been under a LOT of stress. At one point I thought is was going to kill me and there were days when I prayed it would just happen and be done. After I lost all my weight I remained between 110-112 consistently. The past 5 months have been much more calm. Completely smooth and almost zero stress.
So...
But now, My weight went up a few pounds even though my diet and exercise routine remained the same. About 5lbs. (I fluctuate a lot) I'm assuming it is due to a change in my stress levels (cortisol and serotonin levels). I'm guessing my body is just trying to regulate. Anyone know if that's possible?

ETA: I eat pretty much the exact same thing weekly. Eggs, cheese, Canadian bacon, sausage, 1-2 salads a week, baked fish, baked chicken with skin and meatloaf. I walk approx. 70 miles each month.
March 86.45
January 71 miles.
February 76 miles

Last edited by Heheher; 03-19-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Heheher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Glad to hear things have settled down for you Heather! I wish I had an answer for you with the weight gain. It happened to me too. I ended up gaining up to 9 lbs.. It was very, very discouraging and that is not even considering I was still trying to lose.

I am happy to say that I have lost those regained lbs. and it was through moderating my protein. It took quite a bit of time to first stop gaining and then to get it to reverse. I hope you find a quicker answer.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Heather, so good to hear things are so much better for you that makes me happy ! I bet you are right and your body is just fluctuating.....

How are the girls ?
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: HW160/started at 142.8/Current 115 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
Kathy, how do you lower your protein while staying low carb?

Laura, love the new avatar of your precious girl. My girls are well. We have settled in to a new, calmer, much more joyful life. It's amazing how we didn't even notice the oppression that we were under until it was lifted. Everyone is more stable and happy now. We all have expressed that we feel much less anxious. We feel freedom.

Now, I'm just frustrated with this 5lbs. I will not give in. I have been very good and stayed right on plan. I cut out all higher carb foods like nuts, nut butters, heavy whipping cream, yogurt , strawberries. I havent even had my salad this week. I had been able to eat those without gain for the last year. I made some coconut oil candies today as those are very filling and always seem to help with bathroom issues. I have seen a drop of 2lbs this week but this has happened before and then come back so I'm not getting excited. I know I can do the egg fast and lose but that weight always comes back. It does help me get into ketosis quickly but I think I there already. No cravings, pink ketostix, bad breath, more energy.

I re-evaluated my vitamins/supplements and stopped taking a couple of them. SAM-e and 5-htp. I'm not having trouble sleeping anymore so I thought I'd see how I feel without them. I've been off of them for 3 days and so far I still feel great.
Heheher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
That's great to hear !

You gave up your shakes ? I know how much you LOVED them ! Sorry about that .....
maybe it's your thyroid or hormones ?? Who knows.....

So happy you are feeling better and the girls are doing so well. I have thought of you often .
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Heather, sorry I don't have time at the moment to write much. My protein limit was trial and error and I am now about 55g per day but that can vary significantly for individuals. Go to the nutritional ketosis forum for more info.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote