Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: candycane
restarted 3 months ago but gained.

Hi all good to b here, Anyway my problem is I did Atkins last yer for 2nd time and it worked brill, got to crimbo and weNt down hill but by January I was back on LC but all I have done is gain weight 9lbs, can't think were I'm going wrong but after 3 months I'm getting discouraged. I stopped cheese and cream but kept gaining, on meds for thyroid but that under control. Any help would be good, the diet I'm doing is the same as last year, plus can anyone tell me when the fat in your body starts to burn off?. 3 months is along time. I'm thinking of doing LC and low fat?. Many thanks candy.
candycane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Candy, It would help if you would give us an example of what you are eating every day.. We may be able to spot something that you are eating that could be the cause of your weight gain..
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
A sample menu would definitely be helpful if you could share one... a lot of times I won't even think of something, and the wonderful people on here will make suggestions for me and let me know where I might be able to make a change

Also, what meds are you on for your thyroid/what blood panels is your doctor running to check your levels? If he's using TSH and you're on synthetics, that could be your problem! I'm currently fighting to get the right labs run (TSH is NOT the right lab!) and to get on Armour which is natural thyroid hormone. Definitely check out the thyroid subforum here if you get a chance!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks raindroproses,
I will get intouch with my GP, but I have had the thyroid problem for some years and it hasn't changed and Atkins has always worked well for me. But this time it's fighting with me. I was wondering weather I restarted to soon, as it was Christmas time I lapst but restarted in January not long between dates but I'm still gaining. What about LC and low fat diet? X x thank you.
Breakfast: 1/2 avacardo and 2 boiled eggs
Dinner: chicken with salad and olive oil and sausage.
Snack : pork scrachings.
T : tuns , cheese, raw green veg,
Night snack:Suger free jelly and cream
My menu changes day to day. X
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

P.s. I'm on thyroxin for my thyroids. X
Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Hi Candy!

Your breakfast looks good. Lunch looks fine too, just how much chicken and what kind of chicken did you eat? Also, how much olive oil? Did you check if the sausage has fillers in it? How much tuna and how much salad and vegetables did you eat? You get my drift...

Generally, your diet looks fine, I think you are eating induction level foods, and depending on the quantities you are eating (even on Atkins we cannot eat limitless quantities of everything) you should be losing.

It could definitely be your thyroid medication that may be an issue this time round. Not sure, grabbing at straws here!

As for LC and low fat: I really would first start monitoring your protein and carb intake and not reduce fat too much. Atkins is a low carbohydrate, moderate protein, high fat diet... It could be that this time round, Atkins is not the diet for you anymore...

I am sorry I can't be more constructive, I hope others will be able to give you some more advice! xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cathlaur
Stats: 225/202/175 5"10
WOE: Atkins.
Start Date: Restarted Feb 5, 2013. Weighing once a month!
I hear your frustration. I am having a similar problem. I am also on Synthroid. I have no thyroid as I had cancer. It is always a battle.

Good luck
cathlaur is offline   Reply With Quote