Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   So yesterday I cried... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799832-so-yesterday-i-cried.html)

Eyma 03-18-2013 10:45 PM

So yesterday I cried...

but it was a good cry. I tried one of my dresses and it was big on me. This is the first time in four years I have been able to lose weight, as opposed to steadily gaining it. It's not so much the 11 pounds I have lost (although because I'm quite short they do make a difference) but it's the relief of knowing that it wasn't that I was lazy or had no willpower or didn't care about the way I looked. People who do not have a weight problem do not understand, they just think "Why doesn't she just do something about it?". I wanted to do something about it with all my heart, but I couldn't find a way, I kept trying and failing. And some people just assume, right? I once went to a doctor who refused to investigate a female problem I had because (and she actually used these words) she said it was just a consequence of my being too fat and of my kind of diet. As it turns out, I had chronic urticaria, diagnosed by another doctor, who put me on medication and sorted me out, so absolutely NOTHING to do with my weight, but of course she just assumed, based on her prejudices. Now I have been low carbing for 5 weeks and I feel GREAT. I wake up at 5:30am every morning and go for a walk. I do not want to eat every single chocolate and piece of cake I see (well, OK, perhaps I do a little, but it's so much easier to resist). I am able to eat smaller portions. So it wasn't that I didn't have the discipline or the willpower - alas, it seems I do, I just needed to understand my body and the way it works and go about my diet the right way. Thanks so much for your support and for listening, this board makes a huge difference xx

jazills 03-18-2013 11:14 PM

Keep up the great work! It's things like your post that keep me inspirational. Don't worry about what other people think, or judge you because you're weight. In reality we are all beautiful on the inside and out. Thin is just more fun and healthy.

You're awesome!! :)

rndiane 03-19-2013 05:08 AM

I am so happy for you!! Congratulations on finding a WOE that works for you. We all have to be our own advocate when it comes to our health and weight loss and you did it.

snowmop 03-19-2013 05:15 AM

You're doing great!! Glad you found what works!

Gretalyn 03-19-2013 05:15 AM

Congratulations, Eyma. You are doing great!

Erinmama 03-19-2013 05:45 AM

That's fantastic! Good work!

lose4life 03-19-2013 05:52 AM

Thats wonderful to hear. Keeps me inspired

Shrinkingviolet 03-20-2013 04:10 AM

Well done, how wonderful! :)

3kidsandasheltie 03-20-2013 05:19 AM

that's great! :)

Just Beachy 03-20-2013 05:40 AM

I totally understand. I was the same way. I was actually a bit angry for awhile. I felt like I had been duped and made to believe I was not as good as others because I couldn't control the cravings.

Congratulations on the loss so far.

:) Beachy

astribling 03-20-2013 06:48 AM

You're words really touched me!! I can totally relate. It's so wonderful to have some hope again! Congratulations on all your success. Keep up the great work. It will continue to get better and better. :)

godsbeloved79 03-20-2013 08:51 AM

That's awesome, keep up the good work. I'm so happy for u (tear drop).

laney22222 03-20-2013 10:56 AM

Way to go! Keep it up!

Ntombi 03-20-2013 11:19 AM

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on finding what works!

You know, part of the reason it took me years to be diagnosed with MS, and, later with hypothyroidism, was because with both issues, several doctors blamed my symptoms on my weight. They were so eager to blame weight for things that they overlooked serious medical issues, just like your doctor. It's maddening, it's lazy, and it causes needless suffering. I'm glad you found a doctor who listened to you.

Rebecca1979 03-20-2013 11:37 PM

:heart::high5::hugs:

baileygirl3 03-21-2013 06:57 AM

Congrats to you!!!