Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Party While Maintaining Your Weight Loss?

Hi folks~!

I'm a good close to 50lbs from goal. I'be struggled with losing and gaining the same 5lbs for a while but I'm finally starting to feel like it's going down again and I've got a grip on things.

This Saturday coming up I've got a baby shower and then a birthday party where the birthday boy wants to do a bar crawl after dinner at some restaurant.
I do plan on having a great time, though eating low carb, and drinking...low carb?

Any tips? Am I destined to put the weight back on after the weekend?
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Well, for the baby shower I would just say to eat something before you go. Sometimes showers have finger foods such as veggies so that may be an option but one thing thats pretty much guaranteed is that there will be cake. If you eat a good sized meal before you go it will be easier to say no.

For the bday dinner maybe check on the menu beforehand and look at possible low carb options.. most places have salads, burgers, and steaks that can be easily made low carb.

As for the alcohol just stick with the basics if possible. I always drink a vodka or rum with diet coke.. Which is a carb free drink. Its usually when you start ordering cocktails and flavored liquors that you start running into trouble!

Hope that helps
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Yep, hard liquor (not the sweet flavored versions) are fine, so is dry white wine. Stay away from tonic, as it has as many carbs as a non-diet soda! That was a shocker for me back in the day. I use Diet Coke, seltzer, or just drink it on the rocks.

Remember, if you've been in ketosis, your alcohol tolerance will be lower that you're used to. Stay hydrated too; drink plenty of water, before, during, and after you've been drinking. And don't let your lowered inhibitions lead you to bad food choices.

Have fun!
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: HappyisNow
Thank you guys! Hi Ntombi!!!

I remembered that I have not had rum and diet coke in a LOOONG time. Looking forward to that and yes I will be having a water bottle with me at all time!

I also hope that being drunk doesn't let down my guards and self discipline, cause you know all about the late night diner experiences after a night of drinking right?! Or is that just me?!
HappyisNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I drink "tall" drinks. So instead of bourbon and soda in a short, squat glass, I get the same amount of bourbon in a tall glass with extra soda. It's not as strong flavored, of course, but I like that there's more to drink.

Bar crawls can be fine so long as you pick low-carb foods. Most bars have sliders (just eat the meat) and wings.

My trouble is that my willpower evaporates the more I drink. I end up eating much more and much higher carb than I want to when I've had more than a couple drinks.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
Rum or vodka with diet coke is my usual drink. I'm giving up alcohol for three months so have one for me ok!
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote