Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
New low carb drink mix spotted!

At least it was new to me!

I've always loved True brand products (True Lemon, True Lime, etc) and I also loved their lemonade and raspberry lemonade that's sweetened with Stevia.

Lo and behold, I go to the grocery store today and notice they've got a black cherry limeade out as well! I haven't been able to try it yet, but I definitely will be once my bottle of Perrier chills in the fridge and I'm able to mix myself up a glass!

An entire bottle of naturally sweetened cherry limeade for 1 carb? Yes please!

I just thought I'd share my find in case anyone else was interested/was missing their cherry limeade from before they were LC. I don't hear too much talk on here about True brand but I think they're fantastic
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 776
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
At least it was new to me!

I've always loved True brand products (True Lemon, True Lime, etc) and I also loved their lemonade and raspberry lemonade that's sweetened with Stevia.

Lo and behold, I go to the grocery store today and notice they've got a black cherry limeade out as well! I haven't been able to try it yet, but I definitely will be once my bottle of Perrier chills in the fridge and I'm able to mix myself up a glass!
I have never heard of this, but am always on the lookout for stevia products. What store do you find it at? Is it with things like Crystal Light or somewhere else?
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
I have never heard of this, but am always on the lookout for stevia products. What store do you find it at? Is it with things like Crystal Light or somewhere else?
I found it at Kroger where I am, I'm not sure if you have them there. I know Walmart and Meijer also carry True products around here and you can also buy them online. If you Google True Lemon it'll pop up with their site if you're interested and can't buy them in stores

I've LOVED their raspberry lemonade for a long time now though, and I agree... it's great to find Stevia sweetened products. I wish more companies used it!

Oh, and I did find it in the drink aisle with the Crystal Lights and the Mios by the way! I forgot to mention Occasionally they do keep their products in the baking aisle though for some odd reason!

Last edited by raindroproses; 03-17-2013 at 06:22 PM..
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 776
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
I found it at Kroger where I am, I'm not sure if you have them there. I know Walmart and Meijer also carry True products around here and you can also buy them online. If you Google True Lemon it'll pop up with their site if you're interested and can't buy them in stores

I've LOVED their raspberry lemonade for a long time now though, and I agree... it's great to find Stevia sweetened products. I wish more companies used it!
THANK YOU! We don't have Kroger or Meijer but do have Walmart. I'm going to check their website, too. I LOVE raspberry lemonade and totally miss it. I'm tired of water and would really like something flavored once in a while that isn't carbonated that I can have.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 776
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Good news/bad news...it's available at Albertson's in my town. But, it has sugar as an ingredient, too. So, it's off limits to me.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
Good news/bad news...it's available at Albertson's in my town. But, it has sugar as an ingredient, too. So, it's off limits to me.
Awww bummer! I always thought the bit of sugar that contributed to that 1 carb was from the lemon itself, since it's real crystallized lemon. I never noticed it actually had sugar. I guess when it's 5 calories I never really look, since it can't be much at all. I'm guessing you can't have ANY sugar though... so sorry!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 776
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Awww bummer! I always thought the bit of sugar that contributed to that 1 carb was from the lemon itself, since it's real crystallized lemon. I never noticed it actually had sugar. I guess when it's 5 calories I never really look, since it can't be much at all. I'm guessing you can't have ANY sugar though... so sorry!
That was my first thought, too. But, then I checked the ingredients. Yep, no sugar at all for me. Dang, since it has stevia, you'd think they could leave the sugar out.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
I'd suggest their True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, and True Grapefruit packets for adding to water since those aren't sweetened with anything and contain trace carbs... but I'm not sure if you'd be interested in something like that. I know I've added Stevia or Xylitol to the lemon with water before to make lemonade and it was really good
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 776
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
I'd suggest their True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, and True Grapefruit packets for adding to water since those aren't sweetened with anything and contain trace carbs... but I'm not sure if you'd be interested in something like that. I know I've added Stevia or Xylitol to the lemon with water before to make lemonade and it was really good
Good idea. I may give that a try. Thanks!
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
raindroproses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,053
Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
No problem! I know they use only crystallized citrus to make their product, so it tastes really natural when mixed with water... comes in handy for the crazy amount of times I order "lemon water" at a restaurant and it comes back with no lemon! LOL.

I know a lot of people say they miss having fruit juices, so I wonder how the orange and grapefruit would be mixed with water and Stevia too. I'll have to experiment
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.