Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   bad weekend.. needing some support and motivation!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799594-bad-weekend-needing-some-support-motivation.html)

ktsandoval 03-17-2013 12:48 PM

bad weekend.. needing some support and motivation!!

I've been low carbing for the last 4 weeks. I'm down 4 1/2 inches......but i got into badness the last 2 days. Popcorn shrimp, slice of sourdough bread, calamari YIKES!!! The next day my pants were tighter (bloated) and felt like crap. It's amazing what carbs make you feel like after taking them out of your life.....just no good. I am getting back on track as of today. Any other low carbers have/had any hiccups in their diet and still survived? I just don't want to give up. Thanks friends.
Kat

MagieDen 03-17-2013 12:54 PM

:hugs: At least you recognized how terrible you feel after eating them nasty carbs. Glad to hear you are back on the bandwagon. Always a hiccup or 2 on the road to getting healthier, hang in there you can do it!

:)

Hayek 03-17-2013 12:58 PM

Last Saturday I took a day off and consumed about 150+ carbs (I stopped counting after that). I felt like crap (emotionally) for the rest of that day and next. Luckily I got right back on track the following day and was back within ketosis in under 48 hours.

While I enjoyed the splurge, feeling like crap (carb hangover?) made it far from worthwhile. You can get right back on track easily! Just don't despair too much over a slip up. It happens to many of us.

Rebecca1979 03-17-2013 02:02 PM

I'm the perpetual hiccup-er! I've been at (and off) this since 2003. I'm hoping only the best for you and great success!

picklepete 03-17-2013 02:25 PM

Stress is fattening! Try not to agonize about it.

I've done plenty of "off roading" for social reasons but, as long as I keep my week fully planned and prepped, those occasions are not frequent enough to have an impact. Just be sure you have both hands on the steering wheel. :D

A'smommy 03-17-2013 06:36 PM

Yes, it happens to us all! I've been there so many times and am starting to realize that the bloated, sick, exhausted feeling I experience after eating things I shouldnt just isnt worth it. I spend the entire next day dragging myself around and feeling like I have the flu after eating carb crap.. its awful! Its good that you've posted, and are being honest with yourself and "coming clean." Its hard not to feel guilty after a cheat but just pick yourself back up and keep moving forward! You can do this!!

baileygirl3 03-18-2013 03:27 AM

:hugs: Awww...we all have those slipups, That is what makes up human. Now you need to get back on track. At least you realized that you slipped up, so hop back on that wagon and have a great week. You can do this. Today is a new day.

ktsandoval 03-18-2013 08:44 AM

Thanks everyone for the wonderful advice and support!!! I am back on track and will leave the bad choices in the past!!
Kat

AlwaysHungry 03-18-2013 09:54 AM

I just came back from a wedding so I too had some cheat meals but I tell myself that I didn't gain weight in the past from 1 or 2 cheat meals (or even days). It was a lifetime of bad eating choices.

You'll survive!

Gabby1 03-18-2013 10:51 AM

Your new WOE is a process. The slip ups, and the consequences you feel afterward, are part of the process. I'll bet not a single person who has been on this board for six months (maybe weeks?) or more has not had a slip up.

Glad to hear you are back on track!

Leslie

abitobeef 03-18-2013 11:16 AM

Just keep at it. nobody is perfect all the time.