Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   What are you proud of lately? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799551-what-you-proud-lately.html)

Ntombi 03-16-2013 04:10 PM

What are you proud of lately?

Our tendancy is to focus on our errors, our missteps, our frustrations. Lets take a moment to celebrate our achievements. Big or small, internal or external, let's share what we're proud of ourselves for.

It does not have to be weight-loss related.

I'll start.

I have a bad cold, and my go-to comfort food is Chinese food, especially wonton or hot & sour soup. I can have it and still be in ketosis, but with the corn starch and other hidden carbs, it's not the best choice for me. Instead of ordering in, I made a spicy chicken noodle soup for myself (with shirataki noodles), completely on plan and satisfying.

Also, I've had a seriously stubborn sinus infection for over two months now, and have been on steroids and five rounds of antibiotics, and I have stayed on plan throughout it all, even lost weight despite the steroids, which are notorious for causing weight gain.

Next!

raindroproses 03-16-2013 04:18 PM

Wow! Congrats Ntombi, that's great! :clap:

You're right, I especially feel like I've been hard on myself lately and focusing on what I may or may not be doing wrong... sometimes it's important to look at what I'm doing right :)

I've been to the movies twice this week, and for the first time ever I was able to resist ordering ANYTHING there. No popcorn, no candy, no soda. I just chewed a piece of my gum that's sweetened with Xylitol and called it a night :)

I've also been out to eat at least once every day this week (except today!) while I've been visiting with my father, and not once have I caved in and gotten something I know I shouldn't have eaten... not even when the restaurant I was at refused to substitute my potatoes and toast for breakfast for something low carb/gluten free!

Ntombi 03-16-2013 04:33 PM

Movies without popcorn is a big accomplishment! And twice in a short period of time? Good job! Good job on all of it.

Julie1972 03-16-2013 04:42 PM

Congrats to both of you! I am proud that I've lost 31 lbs since 1 Jan, I went from a size 18 to a size 14, I have only had two meals that were off plan, and those accomplishments have made me more motivated than ever to stick with this! My goal is to be 160 lbs and a size 10. I wasn't sure I could do it when I started but I am confident I can do it now (and I'm proud of that!!). :-)

JMacB 03-16-2013 05:45 PM

I'm proud that when I was in a three-month stall/flounder, I didn't quit, I kept posting on my blog/journal, and I didn't quit.* It was getting so frustrating, but I know this is the right way for me to eat, so I kept up with it. I'm back at a new low, and feeling good about the direction I'm heading.

Also, yesterday was my birthday, and I had a slice of cake because my son would have been crushed if I hadn't. I had a slice, and he's happily finishing up the leftovers for me. I haven't even been tempted.

* yep, listed twice on purpose. It got really frustrating.

Jrw85705 03-16-2013 06:30 PM

Im proud of the fact that I added kale and spinach to my salad mix and actually liked it. Since going low carb I've added many other items into my diet. And I've learned to taking the kidding from my family "You really going to eat that? You do know that's a green veggie!!".

I've always been the veggie hater in the family.

dmburk 03-16-2013 07:27 PM

I am proud that I have been on a VLCalorie diet for 1 week. I have not been able to ignore hunger and not give in and eat. This is a new experience for me. i am doing hHcg and am losing again.

lose4life 03-16-2013 08:17 PM

I'm proud I lost 13lbs. I'm am proud to change my way of eating.

jazills 03-16-2013 10:34 PM

My proud moments right now come from my mom. She's started doing LC with me and enjoying it. She's had a heart attack and 3 strokes and needed a new way of life. So I've been introducing this to her for a long time, well while I was in the navy she started LC. She takes like 10 different medications a day, and it's a little harder for her to lose weight because 1) she's older and 2) i think this medicine is a hindrance to her ability to lose weight BUT....

6 months ago she was at 254, 2 days ago she was at 226. The dr. says whatever she is doing, keep doing it. Her numbers are real good. She's a big binge eater like I am and I've been trying to cook the LC version of our favorites like Pizza and mashed cauliflower in place of potatoes. This is just easier for her to stay on plan and not deal with cravings. She's doing great and I'm so proud of her road to health.

GO MOM! She keeps me motivated and I keep her motivated because without keeping each other accountable this wouldn't be happening! :jumpjoy:

Darkginger 03-17-2013 05:54 AM

Today is Day 224 with no cheats. That's 32 weeks, or 8 months. It's also 12 days since I switched from smoking to using e-cigs, which was a lot easier than I expected - and a lot more fun - I can now 'vape' chocolate donut and vanilla custard, cappuccino and chocolate pudding - all the flavour, none of the carbs :)

My (UK) size 14 jeggings are too big, and today my yoga pants (and knickers) fell down as I was coming in from playing with the dogs in the field. This time last year I was a (UK) size 24. Too right I'm proud of myself - although I'd never say that in real life, it's OK to be a bit smug on here, I hope!

Kismet311 03-17-2013 05:58 AM

I'm proud that I'm keeping up with exercise. I have been averaging 5 days per week and force myself to go even if I'm tired after work. Once I'm there for a few minutes I always perk up and am so glad I went! This morning my abs are killing me but I will definitely go to the gym tonight even if I only use the bike or treadmill.

debstin 03-17-2013 06:38 AM

I am proud of myself for staying on this way of eating since last August even though my weight loss has been very slow. I am down two sizes and feeling so much better. Have been through holidays,birthdays,etc with family and at work and have stayed low carb this whole time.Hope to stay eating low carb always,even though it comes off very slowly for me now that i am older.

raindroproses 03-17-2013 06:40 AM

Wow, that's great everyone! Keep up the awesome work :clap: It's great just to come here and see all the good things people are doing, and to watch the progress people are making... you guys are awesome! :)

TheSouthernPrincess 03-17-2013 08:01 AM

I proud of myself for being soda free for 3 months!! And for having lost 24lbs since January :) I was on hCG in January and lost 10lbs, but the hCG caused me to have ovarian cysts (very painful!!) so I switched to Atkins and have been happily losing ever since!! I'm also proud that hubby bought chips yesterday and I haven't even been tempted to have just one! Yay me!!! Great job to everyone else on here as well :)

ohiocat 03-17-2013 08:08 AM

I'm proud that I've made it through a whole year - without eating off plan.

I'm also proud that when my weight loss slowed to a crawl the last few months, I've been able to step back and figure out what to do and changed things up to start losing again.

Knittering 03-17-2013 08:20 AM

I'm proud of having eliminated AS and doing Callanetics three times a week. :)

baileygirl3 03-17-2013 08:32 AM

I am proud that we were on a road trip the other day and hubby stopped and got us breakfast, I took my sausage and egg off the biscuit and tossed the biscuit away (actually hubby ate it) still very proud of myself to that in the car!!!! My choices were so limited that morning at this lil stop and go place and I was starving...lol!!!

Rebecca1979 03-17-2013 08:50 AM

I'm proud that I've held fast to my diet even though I've had this slight weight gain. =D I'm proud that I've gone to BBQ's and I've had no cravings!

fiddlejen 03-17-2013 06:43 PM

Here's what I'm very proud of right now:

Last week I nearly burned down my kitchen.
But thankfully, I didn't quite do so.

So instead I came here to write a post about it. (I was gonna call it "Hazards of Low-Carb Cooking.") Only, whilst writing, I was interrupted several times. And each time, I edited & re-wrote before continuing.

When I got to the end, I thought, "Hmm. This reads pretty well."

And then, instead of posting, for the first time ever, I decided to submit something I had written.

So this is what I'm proud of: that I got up the courage to call the newspaper & find out how to submit something,
and that I then followed thru & re-wrote it again (took out emoticons, changed the title, etc),
and that I actually submitted it!! THIS is what I'm proud of.

Oh - and the low-carb icing on this sugar-free proudcake? Can you guess? Yes, they published it! Hazards of Low-Carb Cooking

:)

Gretalyn 03-17-2013 07:08 PM

:clap: Wow, I am impressed by every single accomplishment posted here. Way to go! :jumpjoy:

I am proud of....

This month marks two years of being *consistently* low-carb, meaning two years without antibiotics, two years without IBS symptoms, and two years without a nightmarish hypoglycemic episode.

I am delighted and surprised to learn that a second year of low-carbing continues to improve cholesterol numbers. I thought that all of the "magic" happened within the first few months or first year, but I was wrong. At one year, my HDL was 70-something and my triglycerides were still over 100. At the two year mark, my HDL was 94 and my trigs had dropped into the 70's. Woot!

My next birthday will be my 40th, and I actually weigh a bit less now than I did at my high school graduation.

My family is proud of me. :love:

Ntombi 03-17-2013 08:30 PM

These are some very cool accomplishments! Good job, people. :)

luvmybabyhead 03-18-2013 06:07 AM

Awesome thread! WTG everyone!

I am proud that I went to the doctor for my PCOS and went back on metformin. It helped me to ovulate and even out my hormones a few years ago, as well as supported my weight loss of 100 pounds. Now I'm losing weight and once I've lost a bit, hubby and I are going to try for baby number 2!

GAVIV 03-18-2013 07:33 AM

Very inspiring thread! I am proud of myself for making the decision to go through with gastric bypass surgery after a long and emotional struggle. In 12 weeks, I am down 50 pounds and feel like a new person, even though I am only halfway to goal. I can't wait to get there!

Everyone should be so proud of their accomplishments!

3kidsandasheltie 03-18-2013 07:34 AM

I finally hit the "normal" range of BMI! not that I really agree with the BMI charts it feels so good to be in the normal range:jumpjoy:

Dgeno 03-18-2013 08:19 AM

I quit drinking!!! yup.. so proud of myself :)

4myfuture 03-18-2013 08:35 AM

I'm proud that food doesn't control me anymore. Food doesn't seem so powerful anymore. I've got the power. I haven't had any night cravings in over a month, no food after dinner in over one month!

jazills 03-18-2013 12:25 PM

Awesome guys!!! Keep up the good work. I have a proud moment to share.

I've been back in this lifestyle for 2 weeks straight now and going strong after the millionth restart before I decided it's time to be committed!! AND I've lost 10lbs in the process! WHOOHOOO!!!

cfine 03-18-2013 01:23 PM

I'm proud that I ran at the track yesterday for the first time. I just couldn't stand the thought of going to the gym when it was so pretty outside. I have been wanting to try it and see if I could do it. I may not have looked graceful, but I did it.

Beeb 03-18-2013 06:47 PM

I'm proud that I'm sticking to my "no food after 8 PM" rule to help with my eating issue! It's hard some days, but I'm sticking to it and plan to make this my "rule of thumb" for the future! :up:

sbarr 03-18-2013 07:09 PM

Breaking #200 - it didn't stay long, but it felt so good I'm continuing to claim it (I'll be back there by end of week, I'm sure)