Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Please critque my diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799528-please-critque-my-diet.html)

JudiM 03-16-2013 07:15 AM

Please critque my diet

I gained weight over a few months with my dad's illness and death. Then I hopped back into induction and lost a couple pounds. This week, I gained.

Here's a sample menu:

Breakfast: coffee with heavy whip, boiled egg, 2 pieces of bacon

Lunch: Cheeseburger no bun, or Linda Sue's Tuna Muffin, or Chicken with mushrooms and onions. Usually a veg or small salad of some sort

Dinner: A repeat of lunch (really vice versa. I usually take leftovers for lunch)

Snack: Avocado, or spoonful of natural pb, or cheese

I run 2-3 miles 3-4 days a week

I'm not sure why I gained. Help!

wastednuffime 03-16-2013 07:27 AM

OK so this is "Just me", but personally I honestly would not worry too much about it!

Everyone's weight fluctuates ( yup, even the *Skinny* folks ;) ) remember too, that this is a WOE and not a "Diet". This mind set is what kept me keeping on,..keeping on, throughout my journey..

Your food intake looks IMHO, fine and you are already active :up: . I'd say that you are already doing things right and living a healthy lifestyle...:clap::clap:

Keep on keeping on and eventually you will reach your goals!!

Best wishes

Knittering 03-16-2013 07:59 AM

I'm so sorry about your dad. :(
Your menu looks fine. Just take care of yourself and keep in mind that weight fluctuations are normal, especially when you're under stress.

synger 03-16-2013 10:00 AM

The scale, she BOUNCES!!

It is normal for me to see a +/- 2 difference on the scale from day to day. It's the overall trend (over a month at least!) that I have to focus on.

suzanneyea 03-16-2013 05:54 PM

My weight randomly goes up and down. Nothing I can do about it. I guess I could eat less, but I don't want to.

cfine 03-16-2013 06:23 PM

If the ten pounds are bothering you, you could do a week or so of a fat fast.

Punkin 03-17-2013 04:03 AM

I wouldn't worry about scale weight fluctuations. I weighed myself this morning and was 2lbs heavier than yesterday. Day to day fluctuations are due to water weight. You should eventually see an overall downward trend in your scale weight as the weeks/months pass.

Induction is tough because you lose fat and water, after the initial water drop sometimes some of the water weight comes back.

clackley 03-17-2013 07:08 AM

So sorry for your loss. It is one of the most stressful events one can have and that is just saying the least of it. Getting back on plan is a great thing you are doing for yourself.:console:

I think your menu looks fine with the tiny exception of the peanut butter. Remember that is a legume not a nut. You are so close to your goal weight that it may just take a longer time than you were hoping. You may want to consider this period of time as practicing maintenance?

misty1028 03-18-2013 07:45 AM

Judi I think your menu looks fine. My advise is to take your measurements because you maybe losing inches from your running and building muscle which at the beginning most gain a little and stall for awhile.

Rebecca1979 03-18-2013 10:44 AM

PB or nuts in general throw me out of ketosis. So try a week without pb!

abitobeef 03-18-2013 11:12 AM

Salt will make your weight fluctuate.