LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ss1
Stats: 160/137/130-125
Start Date: september 2012
Frustrated. Whats going on!?

I weigh myself everyday just to keep me accountable for the food I eat. The past few days the number has gone up in such high ammounts. For example yesterday I climbed up an entire pound from the day before and today I was up another .7 pounds. The least time I had this number was in january. The only thing I have added to my diet is light and fit low carb diabetic friendly yogurt and some nuts. I probably eat too many nuts but I don't think that would give me these numbers. Also *TMI its kind of hard for me to go to the bathroom. I went yesterday after breakfast but not since. I are a rather large dinner last night ofchinese food but I only had meat and veggies and think I should have gone by now. I feel like every time I go its not getting rid of eeverything, like there should be a little more and I expect a "woosh" after but that doesn't come. Ive tried drinking much more water and nothing happens. Im so upset what can I do?
ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Scale fluctuations can be frustrating. Posting a sample of what you're eating always helps so that people can offer advice based on what they see. The more you share, the easier it is. One thing that jumped right out at me is the chinese dinner last night. Even just having the meat and veggies can be pretty carby depending on what you order. Many meats are breaded and most sauces have loads of sugar in them :/ I think sharing your menu will help break down what's going on.
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Ah ok. No more chinese for me! Well yesterday I had cheese panckaes with sugar free syrup, a yogurt and almond flour muffin, salad with hard boiled egg, nuts, cantaloupe, dinner. I usually eat almonds but recently my sister came home for spring break and bought honey roasted peanuts and I had some but probably way too many. My family has been dining out alot since its spring break and I usually get chicken, or taco salad, or other meat and veggies.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Do you supplement with magnesium? That will help with regularity. Eating enough good LC fat will help too.

Jimmy Moore has a great podcast about magnesium. Google 'jimmy moore magnesium robbins'.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
ss1
Senior LCF Member

No I don't supplement with anything. I usually don't have a problem and I try to add heavy cram in everything such as eggs and pancakes. Ill definitely look into magnesium. thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Listen to that podcast with Dr. Robbins. Magnesium is an amazing mineral that does a huge amount of beneficial things in your body.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
Start Date: April 2012
If you are adding heavy whipping cream to things, you are probably eating too many calories. People sometimes make the assumption that as long as its low carb you can eat it. At some point, calories DO count. I don't mean to sound harsh. Cream has lots of calories and fat. Nuts have lots of calories and fat. While that's not a bad thing, too much of either will make you gain weight at a pretty alarming pace. You need to measure and weigh things. For instance, I might have some HWC in my shake or coffee, but only two tbsp. I count that as 1 net carb. If I have nuts(preferably almonds or macadamias) I measure out 1/4 cuo for 2 net carbs. I measure my veggies too. Actually, I measure anything with a carb count. It's very easy to get too much fat too. I eat olive oil, butter, met oil, coconut oil, but I don't overdo it. The great thing about a low carb lifestyle is that you don't have to feel hungry and I satisfied all of the time. The bad news is that you still have to think about what you are putting into your mouth. That's the hard part for me but this is by far the best way for most people who have weight issues to eat. I hope this helps.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Yeah that helps a lot! I could be st the point where I really need to focus on my portions and calories I haven't been doing that at all.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: ChristiansMom
Stats: :( :| :)
WOE: HFLC
I know how you feel!

A couple of things that jumped out at me are the cantaloupe.. I'm not sure that's considered LC and the honey roasted nuts are for sure not LC. As was already mentioned, the Chinese Food probably wasn't a good choice (it's so darn good though!) because they add a lot of stuff to the sauces plus the loaded sodium. You also have to be very careful with the SF syrups. Just because it says SF doesn't mean there aren't carbs. That was a mistake I made so I understand.

Anyhow, I'm dealing with a hatred for my scale at the moment so I sympathize with you! I hope next week is a better week for you.
in the origin of your Light.
Matthew 5:14-16

ChristiansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I think im going to stop eating the melons, make my sister bring the peanuts back to school with her and refuse chinese food! we dont eat it often thankfully but now i know exactly how bad it is. I think my body could be a little sensitive to things sometimes, i guess its just back to some basics for me. At least i know what to stay away from now. I hope next week is better for you too, man i hate that scale sometimes!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artsyfartsy
Stats: 120/112.5/110-lost 30lbs. prior
WOE: Low Carb Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
If you are adding heavy whipping cream to things, you are probably eating too many calories. People sometimes make the assumption that as long as its low carb you can eat it. At some point, calories DO count. I don't mean to sound harsh. Cream has lots of calories and fat. Nuts have lots of calories and fat. While that's not a bad thing, too much of either will make you gain weight at a pretty alarming pace. You need to measure and weigh things. For instance, I might have some HWC in my shake or coffee, but only two tbsp. I count that as 1 net carb. If I have nuts(preferably almonds or macadamias) I measure out 1/4 cuo for 2 net carbs. I measure my veggies too. Actually, I measure anything with a carb count. It's very easy to get too much fat too. I eat olive oil, butter, met oil, coconut oil, but I don't overdo it. The great thing about a low carb lifestyle is that you don't have to feel hungry and I satisfied all of the time. The bad news is that you still have to think about what you are putting into your mouth. That's the hard part for me but this is by far the best way for most people who have weight issues to eat. I hope this helps.
Exactly! Calories do matter....more and more as you reach the lower end of your weightloss journey.

If you supply too much dietary fat to your diet, you body will start using the easily available fat first. If you see weight gain (not daily fluctuations, the pds. that stick around), and more importantly inch gain. You are taking in too many calories.
artsyfartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I was once at a conference where the meals were buffet, so there was lots of options for LC people. I stuck to all the LC options and wasn't hungry, however when I got home and added up all the calories I ate, it was almost double what I normally would consume. You can still overeat with LC so make sure you are tracking calories as well as carbs.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Bought nature made magnesium 250 mg today before I realized there are different types of magnesium. is this a good one? I'm seeing conflicting things online. Also, should I be taking more than one a day? The bottle says to only take one but I see a lot of people taking way more I just don't want to over do it. Thanks for all your help
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
Start Date: April 2012
You can supplement with magnesium up to the point where your stools are loose and then back down a bit. It will depend on your body how much you can take.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
ss1
Senior LCF Member

ok thanks! I took only one last night and was a little disappointed when nothing happened but this morning i have had more "movement" today than the past few days. I will keep that in mind though Cfine!