Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Pondering... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799383-pondering.html)

jazills 03-13-2013 05:31 PM

Pondering...

I was just thinking about how my day has gone today. It's my day off and who else wouldn't be euphoric about a day off but lately I've been feeling really giddy. I've just restarted on LC and been successful for a week and a half (like I said in a previous post, I'm ultra-committed)

Is this what life is really all about? What "normal" feels like? How humans are meant to feel. When I was eating junk all the time I wasn't a nice person to be around, now I'm more helpful, happier, and hopeful.

What my thought was, do you guys think that depression breeds in the foods we eat? For the past two years I've been off the LC way of life, eating junk and whatever I can get my hands on. Along with gaining 60 pounds, I've been sad, depressed, lonely, feeling useless a lot. This is a great feeling I have right now and I love it. I remember feeling this way before on LC, glad to have it back.

Just a thought. I'd like your guys feedback.

sillykimmie 03-13-2013 05:40 PM

I think it's getting off sugar and no longer having the ups and downs of blood sugar fluctuation.
Although tasty, sugar is poison.

MinnieSkinnie 03-13-2013 05:54 PM

I totally agree Jazills! :shake:

I lost weight on South Beach a year ago but went back to my incessant carb eating when i get a new stressful position at work.

it took a couple of stops and restarts for me to realize that this is the only way for me to eat. Truly a way of life. I feel SO much healthier and happier. Even if I didn't lose another pound, I'd keep this WOE.

the final straw for me was last weekend. After a couple of weeks of Atkins Induction, I decided i needed some sugar and had a McDonald's Shamrock Shake! It make me instantly sick. I felt so bloated, gross and over-sugared. A while later I crashed hard. Tired, depressed and generally icky feeling. I realized that how I USUALLY FELT before!!

Saturday I had SUCH a stomachache while my body tried to get rid of that junk.

I'm done feeling depressed, sick, tired and filled self-loathing :down:

Here's to feeling happy and healthy for the long term :up:

jazills 03-13-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieSkinnie (Post 16314773)

I feel SO much healthier and happier. Even if I didn't lose another pound, I'd keep this WOE.

AMEN!!! :jumpjoy::clap::goodpost:

jeaniem 03-13-2013 06:18 PM

Yes! The longer and deeper in to the binge I get the harder it is to climb out. I always wonder why I let it happen when I know I feel so much happier and enjoy life so much more without the carbs. I do get a little dip in mood every couple of weeks that I think is hormonal and that will often start me on the road back to depression.

ERnurse 03-13-2013 06:22 PM

I also just restarted LC, and feel so much better since I stopped eating sugar. I had daily headaches when I was eating junk, and by the second day of LC the headaches were gone! I didn't realize how unhappy I was by eating carbs and making myself feel miserable!

jazills 03-13-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERnurse (Post 16314825)
I also just restarted LC, and feel so much better since I stopped eating sugar. I had daily headaches when I was eating junk, and by the second day of LC the headaches were gone! I didn't realize how unhappy I was by eating carbs and making myself feel miserable!

I honestly thought that I was helping my mood better by eating carbs or to stay awake at work. I'm wrong.

fiddlejen 03-13-2013 07:00 PM

This is part of why sugar & white flours really do fit the description of addictive substances. They give our brains an "up" so we think we're helping our moods & we feel more focused, attentive, energetic etc., although really mostly we're not, but then they drop us back down into bad mood, low energy, less focus, so we feel like we need that lift again. So basically we're all the time in a grouchy mood because we're looking for that next fix.

jazills 03-13-2013 08:11 PM

Interesting, common sense tell us that right? At that time our minds feel like they need that sugar. Now, in this journey we don't need that "up"

LC is enough umph for me !!! :)

ravenrose 03-13-2013 08:57 PM

I thnk that we get a flush of happiness when we finally start controlling this THING, and we also get energy from weightloss, however it happens. I think it's our bodies giving us the energy for the evolutionary reason that WE ARE STARVING and we need to get going and hunt and gather before we die. But we get the energy and know that we don't need to apply it trying to avoid starvation in bad times...

It won't probably keep up at this level, but it's great. ENJOY it heartily and remember it when days get harder sometimes. good luck