Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Week 2 complete (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799347-week-2-complete.html)

inspiration 03-13-2013 08:11 AM

Week 2 complete

Well it has officially been 2 weeks since my lifestyle change which consists of my diet(no carbs at all except for some fibre so some form of ketogenic diet), quitting smoking and caffeine(cold turkey) and training hard again. At my 2 week weigh in I am down 15 lbs and i haven't cheated once on anything. More impressive then the weight loss is how quickly my body is starting to transform back, mind you there is still a long way to go. My goal weight is 190 lbs. so about another 30 to go.

A little background info. I am 32 years old 6'0 and before i began this new way of life i was 234 lbs and was smoking about a pack of cigarettes a day. I was an athlete my whole life( I played football, rugby lacrosse and hockey) until the stresses of work and and an overactive party life took over about 11 years ago. Working on the road during the week I started eating garbage take out all the time and when i was back home on the weekends i drank far too much accompanied by more garbage eating. Slowly my body transitioned into to something completely different and up until 2 weeks ago was really starting to look exremely bloated in my belly and just wasn't feeling well from smoking and not exercising etc..

I'll stop boring you guys with my story i was just impressed to see the scales down 15 already and happy that I am still extremely motivated to keep going with this. I think this site has really given me that extra motivation on top of my self determination almost to the point of where my health and this transformation has really taken over the majority of my thought process throughout the day. So thanks to all who contribute and good luck in your own journeys.

inspiration 03-13-2013 09:54 AM

I know what I am doing is working for me but i have a question as to what my diet would be considered? I am not following some book or any specific diet properly as far as I know. I'm NOT eating a 60%fat/35% protein/5% carbs or whatever the ratio is for one of the diets I don't think.. As I stated above I am eating 0 sugar or as close to as possible and the only carbs i am getting are from vegies such as broccoli, spinach, lettuce, cucumber, green beans.. As I am training hard every day I eat a lot of protein daily about 3- 4 eggs for br, protein shake for snack, chicken or fish for lunch possibly another protein shake snack and steak/ground beef or pork or chicken or fish for dinner. the fat i consume is from the butter i cook in and I also eat 4 to 5 tablespoons of coconut oil through the day and 1 or 2 teaspoons of olive oil. So i'm not sure what the ratio is but i think i am getting more protein then anything. What would this be considered if anything??

mom23kids 03-13-2013 10:05 AM

You're doing great :high5:

Sharss 03-13-2013 10:09 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Congratulations, inspiration! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Do what's best for your bod! Why ask others? If you ever stall, then perhaps ask others. What you're doing is right for your bod! :)

BTW, your story isn't boring. YOU are an inspiration. :)

KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Sharon
:heart:

lterry913 03-13-2013 12:21 PM

Good job, the hard part is getting through those first 2 weeks...stay strong and kutgw.

inspiration 03-13-2013 08:38 PM

Thanks for the support!!

baileygirl3 03-14-2013 04:03 AM

Great job so far!!! Keep up the good work!

Casey 03-14-2013 04:59 AM

My eating style is similar to yours.... I just say that I eat "clean" - low carb, no processed food. My carbs come from vegetables, flax, chia, etc. occasionally berries. Recently added coconut oil and like it. I went low carb in October 1999 as an an experiment and felt great eating that way so it was easy to make it a lifestyle.

Luckyone2934 03-14-2013 06:20 AM

Wow, that's a lot of change all at once! Congratulations on your success thus far!! KUTGW!! :)

inspiration 03-14-2013 07:30 AM

Baileygirl- Thanks!! :)

Casey- Thats funny because thats what i tell people when they ask me what kind of diet i am on. "I eat clean now and stopped eating carbs for the most part." Since October 1999?? that is a long time!! Congrats and sticking to it for all that time, thats impressive!

Luckyone- Thank you!! It was a lot of changes but all were necessary. I was living with those bad habits for far too long. The first 3 or 4 days were really rough as far as craving cigarettes and anything with sugar but surprisingly has been really smooth sailing since then. I think the only thing I ever really crave now is pizza from time to time.

sillykimmie 03-14-2013 08:46 AM

:kicking: WOW!! :kicking:
Congratulations on your success so far! Especially giving up smoking. Keep up the great work!

Luckyone2934 03-14-2013 10:45 AM

inspiration- I have been smoke free for 5 years now. It was the best thing I ever did for myself! It will be for you too! Keep on keepin on! :high5:

cfine 03-14-2013 05:58 PM

Wow! What a great job. Congratulations.