Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   low carb snack ideas???? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799304-low-carb-snack-ideas.html)

ktsandoval 03-12-2013 12:17 PM

low carb snack ideas????

Hi friends!! I am desperate to find low carb snacks. Right now I reach for an Atkins bar or blackberries. I'm over the hardboiled egg snack in the middle of the day! I do use ketone sticks and find it to be such a great tool and motivator knowing I'm burning fat. Anywho.....hope I can get some ideas.
Kat

TheSouthernPrincess 03-12-2013 12:22 PM

I like to take some green olives and cheese sticks, or some pepperoni and cheese slices

muncheechee 03-12-2013 02:06 PM

Cheese plain or microwaved into chips
Olives
pickles
Deviled or scotch eggs
almonds or almond butter
Sliced meat or smoked salmon rolled up with cream cheese
Cheesecake
bacon

cfine 03-12-2013 02:34 PM

1oz. Cheddar
Devised eggs
Nuts
Cream cheese

I only snack when I feel like I'm not going to make it without melting down. It gets easier to not snack as you go along.

lowcarbie 03-12-2013 03:01 PM

PORK RINDS LOL!!!!

fiddlejen 03-12-2013 03:47 PM

Pepperoni
Baby bella cheese--keep a few on hand for real lc emergencies
Mozzarella sticks
Egg muffins (prepare them ahead, make with various meat and/or cheese combinations)

If you have a fridge--or at least a cooler-pak & cold-block--to store your snacks:
Sliced chix breast (if you can keep your snacks in a fridge)
Shrimp (the pre-cooked frozen kind)
Leftover steak sliced up (leaner steak, like sirloin, works better for this)

fiddlejen 03-12-2013 03:48 PM

Celery stix & cream cheese
Lettuce wedges

synger 03-12-2013 03:49 PM

I'm with cfine. I find that I no longer snack as much as I used to. But when I do, I go for an ounce of cream or cheddar cheese, or some creamed herring (Omega 3s!), or a cup of tea or glass of diet A&W root beer with some cream in it.

Sometimes I go for nuts or nut butters, but I can overdo those. Since I count calories as well as carbs, some snacks are not as easy to fit into my daily calorie count.

at_last 03-12-2013 04:16 PM

Avocado
Home made greek yogurt

ktsandoval 03-12-2013 04:16 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!! I forget to write that i do reach for cheese as well. Are nuts low in carbs???? I just joined this site less than a week ago bc the other forum I joined totally sucked!! It's great to get supportive responses here!! I'm so happy I joined : )
Kat

muncheechee 03-12-2013 05:36 PM

Glad to have you here!
Almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia, and Brazil nuts are low carb BUT are easy to over indulge in and can cause people problems so be mindful of cravings or stalled weight loss of you eat nuts. Tread lightly or avoid legumes like peanuts though.

picklepete 03-12-2013 08:17 PM

My first choice is raw veggies because it keeps my mouth busy. Carrots, green pepper, radish quarters + spicy sour cream or tahini :yummy:

Like others mentioned, it's fine to treat yourself gently when starting a new plan but be open to the idea that snack behavior will fade over time.

Mistizoom 03-12-2013 09:34 PM

fat bombs

Just Russ 03-13-2013 06:15 AM

Cheese & nuts are danger zones for me.

It's not a portable snack but I'll take a 2oz cereal bowl of pork skins... I prefer the very lightest of them. Actually I'll prep them in 2 layers. I'll spray the pork skins with a butter spray & sprinkle with cinnamon & Splenda (from shakers).

Sunshine 57 03-13-2013 09:14 AM

Cream Cheese Clouds,smoked almonds,pepperoni+ mozz. cheese w olives

Demonica 03-13-2013 10:48 AM

Pork rinds
5 green olives with 1 tbsp of mascarpone cheese
1/2 C SF jello with 2 tbsp of whipped HWC
cheese stick with 1 tbsp of SF ketchup (yes I'm weird like that)

Jaded62 03-13-2013 11:24 AM

Celery Sticks dipped in ranch dip made from dip packet.It is lower carb.
Meat,cheese,mayo roll ups.
Tuna salad on celery
Bacon Jerky
Chicken Salad on celery
Hot Dogs (low carb)
Summer Sausage( low carb)
Cheese sticks
Low carb yogurt (carbmaster)
Egg salad