LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazyj414
Stats: 192/168/150
WOE: <40 carbs / >25 fat / >50 Protein
Start Date: 1/14/2013
Frustrated!!!!!

I'm in need of some support today. This month really. I keep losing and gaining the same 1.5 lbs. I'm working out. Eating correctly and am not cheating. What gives?!! Also TMI but I think this at of eating is affecting my TOM as in beginning too early and lasting too long. This is my 2nd month of this life change! I love becoming healthy but this is getting to be a letdown!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent on a Monday!!!

Jen
crazyj414 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rndiane
Stats: 215/ 175/size8-10
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 22,2013 3rd time
You are getting close to goal and weight loss slows down. Also, because you are working out, muscle weighs more than fat. You are probably lossing fat while gaining muscle. I did the same thing a few years ago when I started working out 5 days a week and my weight was in the 170s. Keep doing the healthy things you are doing and hang in there. It will come off as your body adjusts.
rndiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Looking at your stats, it appears that you've lost 15 pounds since you started two months ago? If so, CONGRATS, and that's a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Your body is probably resisting the dramatic changes and needs some time before you start losing again. Are you also taking measurements? You may be losing inches even as the numbers on your scale have stalled.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
It affects my tom also...not always but when I change things...t eventually gets back to normal.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
If your cycle doesn't regulate, you may want to tell your gyno about it... the same things used to happen to me, and I got diagnosed with PCOS. I use birth control to regulate my cycles and have had no major issues since That could also be a reason for the difficult weight loss, although I notice you were definitely losing before!

Since you said you're exercising, it's definitely possible that you might be losing fat while gaining lean muscle mass... that's a common reason people will see their weight go up on the scale while they're making all the right decisions eating and lifestyle wise. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you're bound to tone a bit when you do exercise so it's important to pay attention to how your clothes are fitting you as well! As others have said, it's definitely possible to lose inches but not lose weight on the scale!

Also, I've heard that we (especially women) can easily fluctuate up to 2 pounds on any given day because of water weight... so especially if your cycle's been irregular lately, some water weight might be at play there too.
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazyj414
Stats: 192/168/150
WOE: <40 carbs / >25 fat / >50 Protein
Start Date: 1/14/2013
Thanks

Thanks all!! I actually didn't do much strength this past week but I suppose muscle can be at play again. I am already on bc and have been for a while so it's,already supposed to be regulating.

Thank you for saying I am close to my goal that helped a bit. Though at this rate it feels like I'll never get there if I keep losing and gaining the same pound. And 150 is my first goal. We'll see from there
crazyj414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Article: Why the Scale Lies

That happens to me all the time. I bounce around on the scale, but the ultimate trend is downward. I had an almost three week period where I was within the same three pounds every day, but I kept eating cleanly and drinking water, and eventually it moved (down) again. The thing is that during those three weeks, my clothes did get slightly bigger, so things were happening that couldn't be measured on the scale.

If you haven't been measuring, or using clothes as another benchmark, you might want to start. I weigh daily and measure monthly. Both help me tremendously.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote