Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   What a milestone! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799164-what-milestone.html)

raindroproses 03-10-2013 08:37 PM

What a milestone!

I feel like my birthday came a day early!

I was at the store earlier today, buying myself what I thought would be a new pair of "goal" jeans... or in other words, jeans that would be my inspiration to fit into over the next month or two. I've been wearing my size 8's (which were my smallest pairs I've ever owned and really NEVER fit me back in the day) so I figured I'd just try on the 6's in the dressing room to see how far they'd zip up.

They fit! :eek:

So... I guess I'm a size 6 now, and I'll need a size 4 for those "goal" jeans! Funny thing is my favorite brand of jeans don't even MAKE sizes below 6 for some reason, so it looks like I'll have to go to Old Navy soon and see what they have. This low carb thing is getting expensive, clothing-wise! :laugh:

Also? Apparently I'm fitting into size small tops now out of the blue too! Only the ones that have some stretch to them though because of my chest, but even still... they wouldn't even go on before :)

So so so proud of myself (especially since I managed to go to the movies earlier and ordered NOTHING for the first time ever!) and what a great early birthday gift to myself that was, buying a couple new outfits. I'm now down from a size 14 or so jeans-wise at my largest to a size 6, and down from a size large shirts-wise to a small in some varieties and mediums in others.

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone!

Has anyone else reached a milestone lately? I'd love it if anyone would like to share :)

cfine 03-10-2013 09:49 PM

Wow! You have done a great job and should be proud of yourself.

raindroproses 03-10-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfine (Post 16308413)
Wow! You have done a great job and should be proud of yourself.

Thank you so much! I definitely am :) I do have a bit to go still, but just seeing where I used to be and how far I've come... I feel like I can finally appreciate my journey and my efforts instead of just seeing every little thing I could be doing better!

Here's a before and after pic, for anyone who might be curious... I probably should have put on some makeup and fixed my hair before I took the picture tonight, but I didn't care! I was in a dressing room and I was too happy to remember any of that! :laugh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps1a32a3b5.jpg

Ntombi 03-10-2013 10:20 PM

Wow, you look great! Your figure is so cute. Congratulations on a fantastic milestone, and :birthday:

raindroproses 03-10-2013 10:35 PM

Aww thank you very much Ntombi, that means a lot! :) I always felt like my figure left a lot to be desired... my mom was lucky and was 5'9" while I seem to have taken after my dad and turned out shorter. I always felt like I carried my weight weird, especially due to my PCOS and everything. I'm feeling confident for the first time in a really long time though, so I really appreciate the compliment! And the birthday wishes!! :hugs:

Ntombi 03-10-2013 10:59 PM

No, I love it, curvy and fit looking, which is my goal. :up:

Eyma 03-10-2013 11:21 PM

Congratulations!! I have seen your pictures and it's like a whole new person stepped out from inside the old one!!! And yes, you really have a nice figure. I have started my program less than a month ago, but already feel my clothes looser, it's such a great feeling and the best encourangement, in my opinion, that one can get. Oh, to be able to buy what you like and NOT the only thing you can find that fits you...Enjoy the shopping and hope you reach your goal soon xx

Trillex 03-11-2013 12:44 AM

Congratulations on such a MAJOR milestone! Size 14 to size 6 is amazing progress and you look totally different. Personally, I think you look beautiful in both pictures but you look much happier in the after photo!

jazills 03-11-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16308428)
Wow, you look great! Your figure is so cute. Congratulations on a fantastic milestone, and :birthday:

I agree! Too cute!! :) That's awesome weight loss though! Can't wait until I see 160 again...it's been a while.

Great job and :birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday: :birthday:

Biochic 03-11-2013 02:51 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

You look wonderful!

Reta 03-11-2013 03:23 AM

Congrats on your success. If I'm reading this right, you wear a size 6 and weight 160lbs? Muscle does weigh more than fat.

mamabear6 03-11-2013 03:56 AM

Congrats! You look fantastic and HAPPY! :)

baileygirl3 03-11-2013 04:05 AM

Yay you lucky duck...I know that made your day! Congrats!!!

Luckyone2934 03-11-2013 05:15 AM

:jumpjoy: Congratulations! WTG!!

rose1 03-11-2013 05:46 AM

Wow! What a difference in six weeks!:jumpjoy:

Mistizoom 03-11-2013 05:54 AM

:birthday: You look great!

snowmop 03-11-2013 05:56 AM

Great job! And Happy Birthday!!!

Kismet311 03-11-2013 05:57 AM

That's awesome!! I have tons of size 4 goal jeans that I can't wait to fit into to. We can share clothes LOL and It's my birthday too!! Have a great Birthday!!!

lterry913 03-11-2013 06:25 AM

Awesome job...What a great gift for yourself...kutgw...you look spectacular.

raindroproses 03-11-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16308674)
That's awesome!! I have tons of size 4 goal jeans that I can't wait to fit into to. We can share clothes LOL and It's my birthday too!! Have a great Birthday!!!

Hahaha! So cool, Happy Birthday to you too then!! :birthday: It's so funny how small a world it is, meeting someone with the same birthday as you with so many other similarities :)

raindroproses 03-11-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reta (Post 16308517)
Congrats on your success. If I'm reading this right, you wear a size 6 and weight 160lbs? Muscle does weigh more than fat.

Yep, I'm 5'6"-ish and I'm 160 pounds in a size 6. I do have a rather large chest though, and you're right... lots of muscle in my legs mostly :) No one believes I'm 160 pounds anymore actually, they think I'm much less. Which hey, I'm not going to argue with them if they want to think that! :hyst:

raindroproses 03-11-2013 06:50 AM

Thank you so much everyone, for the wonderful encouragement and compliments! I've been lurking on here for so long watching all of your wonderful progress and transformations and I only recently got brave enough to finally sign up and start posting here myself. I'm so glad that I did, because I absolutely LOVE this community... it's such a great atmosphere, and it helps SO much to be surrounded by such supportive, like minded people :)

I wanted to add, the before picture was me at my heaviest... so that's not all from 6 weeks :) (if it was, I might be looking for a tape worm somewhere! LOL) My start weight for this current WOE was right around 180, maybe a pound over that... and I began this part of my journey on January 25th. So it's been about 20 pounds in 6 weeks, but that's been with no exercise at all so I'm definitely happy with it. Especially since I'm hypothyroid AND have PCOS... so it's always been difficult for me to lose at all!

I can't wait until it's nicer out and I can add some exercise into my plan... I need to tone a bit for sure, and hey... cardio is good for you, I know! :jumpjoy:

But really, thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement... it's meant so much to me, and I'm so glad to have met you all by joining this community!! :hugs:

3kidsandasheltie 03-11-2013 07:45 AM

congratulations! awesome job!

2f2f 03-11-2013 08:47 AM

Awesome job! You look amazing!

BigRunner 03-11-2013 10:37 AM

Fabulous job!

terez 03-11-2013 11:07 AM

:birthday::birthday:Wow! You look beautiful! What a great birthday present!

Fitting room victories are the best.

shelby'snana 03-11-2013 12:26 PM

You look amazing and yes much happier !! WTg ! glad you found LCF's ..... I LOVE this site also :)

Vita oldie 03-11-2013 02:55 PM

WOW. Amazing result in less than 2 months. Puts my 10lbs to shame! Well done.

princessmommy 03-11-2013 04:19 PM

Wow! You look amazing!

rubidoux 03-11-2013 04:41 PM

You look great! And those size sixes don't even look tight. WTG!

Also, gotta say that you make glasses look downright sexy in your avatar pic! :cool: I've been feeling like my glasses make me look old and, umm, not sexy. Maybe I just need a new pair. lol