Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ktsandoval
Stats: 191/184/150
WOE: Low carb 30g or less
Start Date: Feb. 2013
looking for a committed group to help me through this low carb journey....

Hi friends! I'm currently at 190 last I checked (gave up scale for Lent.) I do track my progress through measurements. I've been low carbing for 3 weeks now and down almost 2 inches. The weight flew off of me in my 20s but now I am into my 30s and having such a hard time with weight loss. Since being with my husband, I've gained nearly 40 lbs : ( I hate it. I just don't feel good about myself. We are having a difficult time getting pregnant and I know it has alot to do with my weight. I would love to lose 30lbs. No timeline... Just a desire to lose. I'm looking for a support group to help me through this. I am my own worse enemy most of the time. Good luck everyone!
Kat
ktsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Kat! There are several challenges here: Low Carb Challenges! - Low Carb Friends , so look through and see if one strikes your fancy. You're welcome to join any you like.

Good luck to you!
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AdeCafe
WOE: low carb my way, mostly atkins
Start Date: feb 07
Hi Kat,
Welcome!
I have been coming to this board for many years and have recently been back on the wagon myself. It is a great support system and has tons of recipes.
When I first got married, I lost 30plus pounds doing atkins and got preg right away. I was happy to be prego but sad i had to start gaining weight! But it all worked out...
Good luck and keep going. It will be worth it!
Helen
AdeCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhubarb
Stats: 195/126/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsandoval View Post
Hi friends! I'm currently at 190 last I checked (gave up scale for Lent.) I do track my progress through measurements. I've been low carbing for 3 weeks now and down almost 2 inches. The weight flew off of me in my 20s but now I am into my 30s and having such a hard time with weight loss. Since being with my husband, I've gained nearly 40 lbs : ( I hate it. I just don't feel good about myself. We are having a difficult time getting pregnant and I know it has alot to do with my weight. I would love to lose 30lbs. No timeline... Just a desire to lose. I'm looking for a support group to help me through this. I am my own worse enemy most of the time. Good luck everyone!
Kat
You've come to the right place. Look around the site, there are a number of sub-groups, challenges, different approaches. And this main lobby is very friendly.

If it makes you feel any better I'm an ancient 56 and I started where you are in July. I lost the first 30 lbs in about 3 months --- the first 45 in about five months. (The last 10 has been coming off more slowly.) If someone my age can do it, surely you can!

Good luck!

Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Oh, yeah, I first lost with Atkins over ten years ago, when I was in my late twenties. I'm now 39, hypothyroid, and unable to exercise due to illness. I'm still losing. It is possible.

Eat cleanly, don't rely on over-processed "low carb" foods, and follow the rules of whatever plan you're following.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
There is so much information and support on this site!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ktsandoval
Stats: 191/184/150
WOE: Low carb 30g or less
Start Date: Feb. 2013
Thanks so much for the warm welcome everybody!! Its nice to see such kind and supportive people on this forum. Does anyone have any suggestions of groups to follow? I'm hoping to find others to post weekly stats with and inspiring weight loss stories from doing low carb.
Thanks so much,
Kat
ktsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Hi Kat!

Nice to meet you!

I know what you mean with the weightloss being slower! I am having a hard time losing on LC now, as before (ten years ago) it seemed so easy!

I find it here in the Main Lobby quite inspiring. You can post, share your successes, problems, etc. As well as popping into threads of others and sharing their ups and downs.

Like Ntombi said, check out the challenges board, maybe something there takes your fancy?

Anyway, good to see you here, and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
C'mon on in and have a seat! Eat a steak with us!

Seriously, you've come to the right place. We get help you on your road to skinny! This is my second time around using this board after I fell of the wagon while in the Navy. This place is awesome and supportive. Have a question? Ask. There's a TON of smart folks here.

Welcome aboard!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: debstin
Stats: 175/144/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2012
Hi Kat! Nice to have you here. Like others have said lots of info and support here. My weight is coming off very slowly. I work full time and am moving most of the day at work and hve not been exercising otherwise this winter. I never go hungry tho and i never eat anything other than low carb. So, i can do slow as long as it keeps coming off. Don't get discouraged and hang in there!!
debstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: valentine319
Stats: 250/230/145
WOE: Low Carb Gourmet Style
Start Date: 8/15/2012
I am going back on the wagon here and am up for even, if it's allowed, sending texts to each other here and there through the day to help each other.

Is this OK? I'd be up for individuals we can text or email, thanks to smartphone, while out and about and helping each other. If there is already a group can you direct me? I'm in for helping and sharing with each other. I'm not always able to get online as much but would love the support.
valentine319 is offline   Reply With Quote