Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   looking for a committed group to help me through this low carb journey.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/799148-looking-committed-group-help-me-through-low-carb-journey.html)

ktsandoval 03-10-2013 06:16 PM

looking for a committed group to help me through this low carb journey....

Hi friends! I'm currently at 190 last I checked (gave up scale for Lent.) I do track my progress through measurements. I've been low carbing for 3 weeks now and down almost 2 inches. The weight flew off of me in my 20s but now I am into my 30s and having such a hard time with weight loss. Since being with my husband, I've gained nearly 40 lbs : ( I hate it. I just don't feel good about myself. We are having a difficult time getting pregnant and I know it has alot to do with my weight. I would love to lose 30lbs. No timeline... Just a desire to lose. I'm looking for a support group to help me through this. I am my own worse enemy most of the time. Good luck everyone!
Kat

Ntombi 03-10-2013 06:22 PM

:welcome: Kat! There are several challenges here: Low Carb Challenges! - Low Carb Friends , so look through and see if one strikes your fancy. You're welcome to join any you like.

Good luck to you!

AdeCafe 03-10-2013 06:23 PM

Hi Kat,
Welcome!
I have been coming to this board for many years and have recently been back on the wagon myself. It is a great support system and has tons of recipes.
When I first got married, I lost 30plus pounds doing atkins and got preg right away. I was happy to be prego but sad i had to start gaining weight! But it all worked out...
Good luck and keep going. It will be worth it!
Helen

Rhubarb 03-10-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktsandoval (Post 16308046)
Hi friends! I'm currently at 190 last I checked (gave up scale for Lent.) I do track my progress through measurements. I've been low carbing for 3 weeks now and down almost 2 inches. The weight flew off of me in my 20s but now I am into my 30s and having such a hard time with weight loss. Since being with my husband, I've gained nearly 40 lbs : ( I hate it. I just don't feel good about myself. We are having a difficult time getting pregnant and I know it has alot to do with my weight. I would love to lose 30lbs. No timeline... Just a desire to lose. I'm looking for a support group to help me through this. I am my own worse enemy most of the time. Good luck everyone!
Kat

You've come to the right place. Look around the site, there are a number of sub-groups, challenges, different approaches. And this main lobby is very friendly.

If it makes you feel any better I'm an ancient 56 and I started where you are in July. I lost the first 30 lbs in about 3 months --- the first 45 in about five months. (The last 10 has been coming off more slowly.) If someone my age can do it, surely you can!

Good luck!

Ntombi 03-10-2013 06:48 PM

Oh, yeah, I first lost with Atkins over ten years ago, when I was in my late twenties. I'm now 39, hypothyroid, and unable to exercise due to illness. I'm still losing. It is possible.

Eat cleanly, don't rely on over-processed "low carb" foods, and follow the rules of whatever plan you're following.

mom23kids 03-10-2013 07:18 PM

:welcome: There is so much information and support on this site!

ktsandoval 03-11-2013 12:29 AM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everybody!! Its nice to see such kind and supportive people on this forum. Does anyone have any suggestions of groups to follow? I'm hoping to find others to post weekly stats with and inspiring weight loss stories from doing low carb.
Thanks so much,
Kat

Mimosa23 03-11-2013 02:33 AM

Hi Kat!

Nice to meet you!

I know what you mean with the weightloss being slower! I am having a hard time losing on LC now, as before (ten years ago) it seemed so easy!

I find it here in the Main Lobby quite inspiring. You can post, share your successes, problems, etc. As well as popping into threads of others and sharing their ups and downs.

Like Ntombi said, check out the challenges board, maybe something there takes your fancy?

Anyway, good to see you here, and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazills 03-11-2013 02:35 AM

C'mon on in and have a seat! Eat a steak with us!

Seriously, you've come to the right place. We get help you on your road to skinny! This is my second time around using this board after I fell of the wagon while in the Navy. This place is awesome and supportive. Have a question? Ask. There's a TON of smart folks here.

Welcome aboard!

debstin 03-11-2013 09:12 PM

Hi Kat! Nice to have you here. Like others have said lots of info and support here. My weight is coming off very slowly. I work full time and am moving most of the day at work and hve not been exercising otherwise this winter. I never go hungry tho and i never eat anything other than low carb. So, i can do slow as long as it keeps coming off. Don't get discouraged and hang in there!!

valentine319 03-20-2013 01:38 AM

I am going back on the wagon here and am up for even, if it's allowed, sending texts to each other here and there through the day to help each other.

Is this OK? I'd be up for individuals we can text or email, thanks to smartphone, while out and about and helping each other. If there is already a group can you direct me? I'm in for helping and sharing with each other. I'm not always able to get online as much but would love the support.