Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   For any guys wanting inspiration..... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798913-any-guys-wanting-inspiration.html)

Stardust 03-07-2013 06:46 AM

For any guys wanting inspiration.....

Here is a pic of my hubby. I am super super proud of him! :jumpjoy:

He's done it slowly, using various diets such as low carb and regular calorie counting. He's lost around 130lbs in total, over the course of around 4 years.

Just thought I would share as not sure if there are many blokes on here but maybe it just might inspire someone to think "hey he can do it, I can too"!

He was sorting through all his old clothes here to see what was decent enough to go to charity shop and what needed throwing out. :)

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/a...psdc1f254e.jpg

Mimosa23 03-07-2013 06:57 AM

That is fantastic!!!!!! Well done Stardust's hubby!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Jrw85705 03-07-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardust (Post 16300924)
Here is a pic of my hubby. I am super super proud of him! :jumpjoy:

Just thought I would share as not sure if there are many blokes on here but maybe it just might inspire someone to think "hey he can do it, I can too"!

He was sorting through all his old clothes here to see what was decent enough to go to charity shop and what needed throwing out. :)

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/a...psdc1f254e.jpg

What a great accomplishment. You should be proud of him and I'm sure he is proud of himself. It makes it easier when you have support from family and friends, I include everyone on this forum as a friend.

You are right there aren't too many of us "blokes" but when I started there were several that were very active - Mike, Seth, Alligator Pie, to name a few and I drew from their experience and advice as I moved into the low carb WOL.

I got rid of all of my fat clothes except for one sports jacket that I keep as a reminder. When I feel like I deserve an off plan cheat I do two things: test my blood glucose (normal) and put on the fat jacket (way too big) and pass on that cheesecake.

Again congratulations from one bloke to another.

mom23kids 03-07-2013 07:26 AM

Wow, that's awesome!

Emily-D 03-07-2013 07:41 AM

That's quite an accomplishment!

theredhead 03-07-2013 09:51 AM

That's really wonderful! Congrats to your awesome hubby!

I suspect there are a lot of spouses who aren't active on the forums who've benefited from our experiences and knowledge. My DH is certainly one of those. He lost 100 pounds on Atkins and has kept it off for almost ten years. (We both have been doing this for ten years and I'm maintaining my 80-90 pound loss, as well.) There is nothing so wonderful as a supportive spouse!

Perhaps some others would add their pictures to your post for inspiration!
Check out my siggy for our pics.

Stardust 03-07-2013 01:31 PM

Red head you guys are like half the people you used to be, so much fitter and happier!

natural_born_texan 03-07-2013 03:55 PM

Wow--hat's off to him!

theredhead 03-07-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardust (Post 16302079)
Red head you guys are like half the people you used to be, so much fitter and happier!

Thank you! We're very grateful things have worked out so well for us.

Jigsaw 03-07-2013 08:53 PM

Wow, fantastic! what an accomplishment! :clap:

bdladie 03-07-2013 09:16 PM

Great job!!

baileygirl3 03-08-2013 05:00 AM

What an awesome job!

Rosie Posie 03-09-2013 03:10 PM

Redhead and Stardust thanks for sharing you and your spouse's success stories. Such amazing results, inspiring!

jazills 03-10-2013 06:32 AM

Wow! Stardust that's amazing!! I am proud for yall!

Redhead, you guys looks like completely different people! AMAZING!

WTG guys!

mainemom 03-10-2013 09:25 AM

Wow! Jackie thanks for posting this. Your husband should be very proud - it is so NOT easy and a long, difficult road in changing a lifetime of eating habits.

I have a question for you and your husband: did he start his weight loss journey w/low carb/low cal/combo BEFORE you, at the same time or after? The reason I ask is I, for one, have had wonderful success with low carb and have done extensive reading/research and know this is a healthy way of life for me. Over the past 2 years, I've taken off 30 pounds, feel soooo much better and my health markers are up. My husband sees this and congratulates me, but he's a huge sugar/bread addict and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Although he desperately needs to lose weight, he's the type that would not do a program because I say it's healthful. It will take someone else (i.e., a Dr or another man he respects) to encourage him to try. I'm so afraid for his health - he's 57 in a couple months, holds all his weight in the belly area, and has a strong family history of heart disease - his dad died of a massive heart attack at 54! I'm afraid he won't make a change until he has a health episode or becomes diabetic. From your husband's perspective, any suggestions/experiences? What was his "ah ha" moment that inspired the change in eating habits?

And CONGRATULATIONS again to both of you - it is wonderful that you support each other.

webcrystal 03-10-2013 09:10 PM

wow

Congratulations to your hubby that's awesome... he's like half his size!
:jumpjoy::clap::jumpjoy:

~PaperMoon~ 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

Woohoo! Great job!