Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Favorite LC Cocktails/Drinks? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798878-favorite-lc-cocktails-drinks.html)

trishthedish 03-06-2013 02:27 PM

Favorite LC Cocktails/Drinks?

Saturday night I am going to my best friend's house to visit with a group of ladies. When we get together it is pajamas, drinks, food, music, and LOTS of chatting.

I am bringing wings and know there will be some other LC fare, but I'm trying to decide what to bring to drink. My standard staple is rum and Coke Zero, but I'm feeling like changing it up. Although I'd love some Pinot Noir, I am trying to keep the sugars and carbs low.

Any suggestions?

SweetMe678 03-06-2013 02:39 PM

I used to do tequila with diet squirt and a splash of lime juice. Oh! I've never tried it, but what about sf jello shooters? Or maybe something you can add cream and sweetener of choice to? Can you tell I don't drink much? lol. Hope this helps at least a little :D

BigRolliePollie 03-06-2013 02:44 PM

My husband and I enjoy Diet grapefruit Shasta and vodka over ice...very refreshing!

Rhubarb 03-06-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMe678 (Post 16299913)
I used to do tequila with diet squirt and a splash of lime juice. Oh! I've never tried it, but what about sf jello shooters? Or maybe something you can add cream and sweetener of choice to? Can you tell I don't drink much? lol. Hope this helps at least a little :D

I usually drink Tequila and lime or Vodka and soda. If you want a sweet drink try Vodka with SF coffee flavored syrup and cream. Or maybe mix some fruit flavored syrup (do they have pineapple?) with coconut milk and rum?

One thing about Low Carb is that you can easily come up with cocktails. My problem is that it stalls me for several days so I don't drink very often.

emel 03-06-2013 03:15 PM

Dirty martini. We skip the vermouth, making it just good vodka, some olive juice, and several olives.

Ice Pick-- vodka, tea, and sweetener.

It's not warm enough to really enjoy a mojito, but since you like rum....
muddle some mint, lime wedges, and sweetener. Add a good shot of rum and some ice, top with either a mix of diet sprite and seltzer, or just diet sprite. It takes a little more sweetener than you'd think. Garnish w/lime and a sprig of mint.

And then we make fake Dark and Stormys, can't find sugar free ginger beer so we use dark rum, the snappiest ginger ale we can find, a few thin slices of peeled fresh ginger root, and a wedge of lime.

synger 03-06-2013 04:46 PM

I second the dirty martini.

I also like bourbon in soda, or bourbon in diet ginger beer (ginger ale isn't gingery enough).

I've also always wanted to make a low-carb Long Island Iced Tea, but I haven't found a sugar-free sour mix I like. Long Island Iced Tea Recipe - Low Carb

synger 03-06-2013 04:56 PM

If you search on "low carb cocktails" you can probably find some great ideas.

CTIgrad 03-06-2013 05:15 PM

18 year old single malt, neat with a splash of H2O.

If scotch isn't your thing, a dark spiced rum and diet coke/diet cherry coke is good and or Makers/Jack and the same.

SoCo and diet dr pep is amazing too.

I also used to make for an ex gf, Malibu, diet squirt, and a splash of grenadine (you could use davinci sweetner instead). Put that over ice and enjoy.

snowdancer79 03-06-2013 06:10 PM

Vodka and crystal light. They make a line of cocktail flavors: Mojito, Apple Martini, and something else I can't remember.

synger 03-06-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTIgrad (Post 16300200)
18 year old single malt, neat with a splash of H2O.

If scotch isn't your thing, a dark spiced rum and diet coke/diet cherry coke is good and or Makers/Jack and the same.

SoCo and diet dr pep is amazing too.

I also used to make for an ex gf, Malibu, diet squirt, and a splash of grenadine (you could use davinci sweetner instead). Put that over ice and enjoy.

Careful with SoCo. Southern Comfort is a liqueur. While it's not as sweet as some liqueurs, it may have some sugar in it. Most online calorie counts I've seen for it have a few carbs per ounce, unlike pure alcohol. It's probably not a lot, but you may want to watch it, depending on your tolerance for a few carbs here and there.

shelby'snana 03-06-2013 06:18 PM

amaretto and sprite zero with squirts of lime - have to have the lime ;)

Gatton 03-06-2013 07:13 PM

I stay away from aspertame. And, I really don't care for hard liquor either.

But I love beer. So, I drink low carb beer. Miller Lite is 3.2 mg. Coors Lite is 5 mg. My daily carbs mostly come from beer.

NineOhNine 03-06-2013 08:41 PM

I like brandy. In coffee with cream or muddled with (sweetened) cocoa then lightened with cream. or straight up. Or in LC hot chocolate. Or with soda. Pretty much any way, really.

emel 03-07-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby'snana (Post 16300346)
amaretto and sprite zero with squirts of lime - have to have the lime ;)

Amaretto has 17 carbs per ounce.

cathlaur 03-07-2013 08:15 AM

My Fav

I drink vodka, sodium reduced club soda and lots of fresh limes. DELICIOUS!

Cheers

Katie

shelby'snana 03-07-2013 09:26 AM

well, I have 2 drinks at the most in about a month, sorry I didn't check the carb count before I posted ! All the others sound good too !

Darkginger 03-07-2013 11:22 AM

Vodka, soda water, loads of ice and slices of cucumber. It's not a sweet drink, but it's very refreshing.

oceanlover66 03-07-2013 02:11 PM

What about those Pinnacle drinks? A friend of mine had the cookies and cream one with diet Dr. Pepper? Is that loaded with sugar and carbs?(The Pinnacle)

-JR- 03-07-2013 04:43 PM

My wife likes vodka and diet cherry 7 up, and I go for the scotch and club soda with lemon twist.:yummy:

VooDooDoll 03-07-2013 04:46 PM

Rum and diet Dr Pepper. Yummo!

oceanlover66 03-07-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VooDooDoll (Post 16302513)
Rum and diet Dr Pepper. Yummo!

THIS sounds really good. I usually drink rum and Diet coke. Or Tequila and diet sprite. I only drink if I go out with friends on a special occassion. Maybe 6 times a year.

Doesn't alcohol raise your blood sugars though? Or Trigs?

Mimosa23 03-08-2013 02:49 AM

I am not a big spirits/cocktail drinker, but I do like a nice gin tonic occasionally. I mix mine with light tonic, and add a slice of lime...

Also, I really like white wine spritzers: I mix mine with 1/3 dry white wine and 2/3 sparkling mineral water and add some ice cubes. Perfect for a warm day!

I don't drink as much now, as I want to lose weight first. I find alcohol does prevent my weightloss.

ETA: I recently bought lemon/lime flavoured sparkling mineral water, which is perfect with a shot of vodka and some ice....

sl1038 03-08-2013 05:57 AM

My go to drink is vodka, water and Mio. I keep several flavors of Mio in my purse at all times for variety.

Kittee 03-08-2013 10:22 AM

I recreate my favorite drink (White Russian) by mixing vodka, cream, coffee and splenda...it's pretty close and is a good substitute when I can't have the real thing :)

locarbman 03-09-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synger (Post 16300330)
Careful with SoCo. Southern Comfort is a liqueur. While it's not as sweet as some liqueurs, it may have some sugar in it. Most online calorie counts I've seen for it have a few carbs per ounce, unlike pure alcohol. It's probably not a lot, but you may want to watch it, depending on your tolerance for a few carbs here and there.

Hi Trish and synger,

I've been making my own Zero Carb Southern Comfort since 2003 (as well as many other zero carb drinks ;-) You will find my recipes in this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-liqueurs.html

Have Fun!...locarbman ;-)

ohiocat 03-09-2013 09:41 AM

Margaritas (my favorite!)

1 ounce tequilla
1 ounce lime juice (fresh squeezed is the best)
1 ounce sugar free syrup (Davinci's makes a plain one or you can just use water with a drop or two of liquid sucralose).

Mix and serve on the rocks.