Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Whipped Peter Pan (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798771-whipped-peter-pan.html)

Gibbs 03-05-2013 08:58 AM

Whipped Peter Pan

Is VERY good!! 3 carbs per 2 Tbsp.

mainemom 03-05-2013 09:01 AM

I like this but can't find it anymore in my grocery store.

Vita oldie 03-05-2013 10:45 AM

What is whipped Peter Pan?

mimivac 03-05-2013 10:48 AM

I am assuming it is a whipped version of Peter Pan peanut butter.

rotay60 03-05-2013 12:01 PM

I like it too.

Gibbs 03-05-2013 12:04 PM

Yep, whipped peanut butter and I'm liking it!!

rubidoux 03-05-2013 12:22 PM

Sounds kinda yummy. Does it have trans-fats or sugar?

Gibbs 03-06-2013 04:59 AM

2 Tbsp

150 calories
2.5 g sat fat
0g trans fat
0 cholest
105 mg sodium
135 mg potass
5g carbs
2g fiber
2 g sugar
6g protein

and YUMMY

creseis 03-06-2013 06:36 AM

that sounds really good!

Jaded62 03-06-2013 10:08 AM

What stores carry whipped Peter Pan?? Thank`s.

rotay60 03-06-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded62 (Post 16299181)
What stores carry whipped Peter Pan?? Thank`s.

Walmart

wastednuffime 03-06-2013 11:34 AM

Anyone here try that "Better than peanut-butter" ( or something close to that name)...it might be "better n" peanut-butter, whatever...

Its only 100 cals for 2Tbls and not that many carbs either...I :heart: the chocolate...

shirlc 03-06-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 16299389)
Anyone here try that "Better than peanut-butter" ( or something close to that name)...it might be "better n" peanut-butter, whatever...

Its only 100 cals for 2Tbls and not that many carbs either...I :heart: the chocolate...

Wow, I gotta try this! I looked it up and found that Target here carries it.

Gibbs 03-06-2013 01:16 PM

That sounds awesome, nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter!

wastednuffime 03-06-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlc (Post 16299568)
Wow, I gotta try this! I looked it up and found that Target here carries it.

:up::up:

To some, it may seem a little pricy. Here its about $5.00 / jar when on special and about 6-7ish when not, but totally worth it to me, especially as a treat:up:

Besides that, heck, i used to waste way more $ at fast food places for one measly unhealthy meal...

CaliOkieGal4now 03-06-2013 02:41 PM

Hey guys......love the calorie count...but check out the CARBS!!! yikes!
:stars:

Better N Peanut Butter Original Creamy -- 16 oz

Nutrient Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Servings per Container: About 14
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 100 *

Calories from Fat 20 *

Total Fat 2 3%

Sodium 190 mg 8%

Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4%

Sugars 2 g *

Fiber 2 g *

Protein 4 g *

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 8%

Calcium 4%

Iron 2%

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Peanuts (as de-fatted peanut flour and natural peanut butter), tapioca syrup, pure water, dehydrated cane juice, rice syrup, vegetable glycerin, soy flour, salt, tapioca starch, natural flavors, paprika & annatto, calcium carbonate, lecithin, vitamins E & C (antioxidants).

:cry:

so saod......got cane juice in it. so STOOOOOoopid!:doh:

If it was me, I'd stick with either real. natural peanutbutter, or better yet, soynut butter.....just sayin....

creseis 03-06-2013 03:08 PM

what would happen if you beat 1 egg + butter + (low carb) peanut butter, melted dark chocolate over it, and put it in the oven? would you get an awesome explosion or something really weird?

creseis 03-06-2013 03:11 PM

I guess what I mean is.. I am going to do some chemistry experiments in my kitchen to see what I have to do to make the peanut butter really creamy and the chocolate from getting dried out.. so maybe melt butter + artificial sweetener (equal for baking) with the chocolate, then beat egg + butter + peanut butter and maybe a little art. sweetener, roll the peanut butter mixture into balls maybe with some soy flour or something to keep it together? And roll the balls into the chocolate butter stuff and bake?

shirlc 03-06-2013 04:19 PM

I bought some of this at Target this afternoon and you're right, it is expensive ($5.99). For me, doing JUDDD, it will be a down day treat. I take 1/2 T. PB and put on celery sticks, so that's only 25 calories plus the celery. I think for my up days, though, I'll continue to use the regular peanut butter.

I wonder if one could just whip any peanut butter and get lots more volume in it. I whip regular butter and with that, you're supposed to get a third more volume, but I get double. (I whip it in a measuring bowl, so I can see.)

shmabby 03-06-2013 04:40 PM

publix also carries it and when they run their BOGO on peter pan you can get it for 1/2 off.

wastednuffime 03-07-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliOkieGal4now (Post 16299804)
Hey guys......love the calorie count...but check out the CARBS!!! yikes!
:stars:

Better N Peanut Butter Original Creamy -- 16 oz

Nutrient Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Servings per Container: About 14
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 100 *

Calories from Fat 20 *

Total Fat 2 3%

Sodium 190 mg 8%

Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4%

Sugars 2 g *

Fiber 2 g *

Protein 4 g *

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 8%

Calcium 4%

Iron 2%

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Peanuts (as de-fatted peanut flour and natural peanut butter), tapioca syrup, pure water, dehydrated cane juice, rice syrup, vegetable glycerin, soy flour, salt, tapioca starch, natural flavors, paprika & annatto, calcium carbonate, lecithin, vitamins E & C (antioxidants).

:cry:

so saod......got cane juice in it. so STOOOOOoopid!:doh:

If it was me, I'd stick with either real. natural peanutbutter, or better yet, soynut butter.....just sayin....

Yes, 13 carbs per 2 tbls...

I've been eating this for a while now and have never had a problem!! ( well, except for the fact that it is so good, one can get addicted) :laugh:, but weight gain wise, nada!!

Also, while I acknowledge that everyone is different, I've lost right at 170 pounds / half my former weight, and the majority of that was after i stopped counting ( and obsessing) over every little carb!!...

In the very beginning, for about a couple of months or so, I was extremely "Carb phobic" a fanatic even...I now consider myself "carb conscious" and LC has truly become my WOE!! Its *Natural* to me now.. Long gone is that " all-or-nothing" mentality...yanno, being really-really strict, or really-really bad..

Keep in mind too, that I don't sit down and devour the whole jar ( and not that I couldn't :o :laugh:), but *who* would do that anyways...:confused:
I eat a table spoon here and there, right off the spoon, nothing with it..:yummy:

babycakez 03-07-2013 08:46 PM

mmMm Im craving celery with peanut butter now..

Strawberry 03-08-2013 10:22 PM

Try mixing peanut butter with canned coconut milk (full fat kind). It gives it a really beautiful consistency. (I do this as part of a Thai peanut sauce I make)

Snickygirl 03-09-2013 07:41 AM

Was wondering the same thing, if you could just whip any peanut butter and have it work. I've read that you shouldn't buy whipped butter or cream cheese because you are just paying for air and you could whip it yourself. Thinking the same about the peanut butter.

But then again, it's messy to whip butter and probably peanut butter and after I use electricity and lots of hot water and detergent to clean my utensils, did I really save any money!?

Either way, a good way to "cut" carbs in peanut butter.

BaileysGirl 03-09-2013 08:28 AM

Will def be looking for this at WalMart!