Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Such a cruel, cruel man (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798710-such-cruel-cruel-man.html)

Gibbs 03-04-2013 11:53 AM

Such a cruel, cruel man

One day last week, the old man brings home 2 boxes of hell, cookies and funnel cakes to make!! I can handle that! Friday, the snot brings 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!!! He almost got hurt!

Out of sight, out of mind, until the kids eat them!!

sillykimmie 03-04-2013 12:31 PM

I'm sorry for the torture, that's not nice. On the other hand, what a great supporter of the Girl Scouts! :clap:

svenskamae 03-04-2013 12:53 PM

Is he going to eat them, himself, or will they just stay around the house tempting you? If the latter, consider giving some away (unopened) to a good cause like a woman's shelter, a food shelf, your church, the PTA, etc. And since your husband can't eat ALL of them at once, put some of the boxes you have to keep 1) in the back of the freezer or 2) on a high shelf, behind other things, making it a real effort to access those cookies.

creseis 03-04-2013 08:41 PM

my man does the same thing and he is the one who gets girl scout cookies from our friend's daughter!! I mean, I like the girl scouts, but his freezer is stuffed with boxes of thin mints and if I get stressed out, it's really hard to ignore them! He also tries to sabotage the food I cook for us by adding starchy things that he does not believe have carbs.

Stardust 03-05-2013 02:14 AM

Oh no, I would cry!

snowdancer79 03-05-2013 05:04 AM

My daughter is a Girl Scout, and I'm proud to say I've made it through the entire cookie season without eating one. If I so much as sniffed at a Samoa though, I'd be done!

synger 03-05-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdancer79 (Post 16296308)
My daughter is a Girl Scout, and I'm proud to say I've made it through the entire cookie season without eating one. If I so much as sniffed at a Samoa though, I'd be done!

My daughter is a Scout, and my husband does his part to support them. FIFTEEN BOXES this year! :stars:

He's more than half-way through them all (the Samoas went first), and I haven't had any yet. Thank God for ketosis... I'm just not interested.

hippygypsykaren 03-05-2013 11:30 AM

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like girl scout cookies ever. I'm sorry you feel tortured though. I have some torture that is around all the time so I do understand. :)

Just Russ 03-05-2013 06:57 PM

That's just crazy. I have enough trouble with normal temptations. Do you own a safe?

Gibbs 03-06-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagman1776 (Post 16298187)
Do you own a safe?

:hyst:

BigRolliePollie 03-06-2013 09:28 PM

As wonderful as the cookies are...all in my house know that if its in the cubbard it's a shame because it will become a waste of money. I will pour salt or vinigar on them and toss it in the trash to remove all temptation. It really is a sad sad thing...I like seeing the looks on their faces though! Hee hee...

LadyN 03-07-2013 06:24 AM

Yep, those devil cookies tried to inch into my house, and I found a great solution: They have an option to donate cookies to the troops. So I just "bought" several boxes for the troops that I NEVER have to see!!!!! I supported the Girl Scouts and the Troops with one fell swoop that didn't do me in!!!