LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inspiration
Stats: 234/219/189 6'0"
Start Date: feb 26, 2013
Turning really pale in the face

Hello,
I am new to the form here an have a few questions.

I started the diet about 7 days ago now and have been very strict and have not cheated once. A sample of my daily intake would be.

Breakfast: 4 hard boiled eggs(with butter) and a sausage or piece of ham or some bacon
snackrotein shake and a tspoon of olive oil for fat,
lunch: chicken and salad (olive oil and herbs for dressing)
snack: tspoon of natural peanut butter, couple pieces of cheese and a hot ital sausage no bun of course.
dinner: a steak or piece of fish with broccoli(topped with lots butter or olive oil) and a bit of salad(topped with olive oil)

sups/vitamins: Daily i take a good multi vit, 3g of fish oil, 3g of cla(conjugated linoleic acid), 2g of acytel l-carnitine, 900mg of ala(alpha lipoic acid)

I quit smoking and caffeine 2 days before starting the diet.
I also started running every day(averaged about 5 km a day with 1 day off this past week). On top of that i work out one body part a day. (one day chest, one day shoulders etc....)

As far as weight loss after day 4 i had already lost 11 lbs and lost a lot o bloating but haven't weighed myself since. I know I am definitely in ketosis although i have not tested on ketostix or anything.

I had a bit of the induction flu but not as bad now. My problem is that my face is turning so pale its almost disturbing at times and i have no idea what is causing this. Has anybody else had this problem or know what may be causing this?? Could it be that my body is going through hell because of quitting smoking, caffeine and sugar all at once, is it still just part of induction flu or is it possibly something more serious at work?? Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Oh and my water intake is about 3 - 4 liters per day.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
When in doubt, ask your doctor
Are you feeling faint or anything?
Some people do get lower blood pressure from the diuretic effect of low-carb.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: juliekaboolie
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: 1/7/11
Ditto!!!!
juliekaboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Welcome!

Wow! That is a lot of changes all at once! I imagine your body is experiencing quite a shock to the system. It does sound like a call or visit to the doctor might be a good idea.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #6

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I wouldn't worry about it, myself, but if you are disturbed definitely see a doctor.

don't cigarettes do something with your blood vessels? vasoconstricting or something? I would think that might be the culprit.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Dottie- not feeling faint or anything really except after my runs i feel a little light headed but that has always been normal for me when i push it.

Mistizoom- Ya it is a lot of changes at once. I don't think my body knew what was happening the first couple days was in complete shock but it was for a reason. I was finally ready to quit smoking which means i can't drink coffee or anything warm or else it triggers bad cravings. I also wanted to get back into good shape again so i started running which also takes my mind off of any cravings when i am running and working out. And if I'm going to be doing all of that i figured it was time to clean my diet up as well and go all out. I was hoping to avoid making a trip to a doctor as like most males i feel its a waste of time lol.

ravenrose-I'm not too disturbed about it yet I just want to know why its happening because its never happened before. I'm going to read into the effects of vasoconstricting and how long it takes to start to reverse and your blood circulation to get back to normal after quiting smoking. Thanks for the response
Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
If a pale face is really all you are noticing, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Its probably related to the cigarettes being quit if I had to hazard a guess. I dont think a doctor would initiate a big work up for only a pale face.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
If paleness were diet related, I'd expect anemia or a lack of B vitamins. You are getting plenty of protein and taking a multivitamin. So I imagine it's some other factor like the switch from smoking. If you don't feel weak, ill, dizzy, or especially tired, I wouldn't worry about it.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiration View Post
Dottie- not feeling faint or anything really except after my runs i feel a little light headed but that has always been normal for me when i push it.

Mistizoom- Ya it is a lot of changes at once. I don't think my body knew what was happening the first couple days was in complete shock but it was for a reason. I was finally ready to quit smoking which means i can't drink coffee or anything warm or else it triggers bad cravings. I also wanted to get back into good shape again so i started running which also takes my mind off of any cravings when i am running and working out. And if I'm going to be doing all of that i figured it was time to clean my diet up as well and go all out. I was hoping to avoid making a trip to a doctor as like most males i feel its a waste of time lol.

ravenrose-I'm not too disturbed about it yet I just want to know why its happening because its never happened before. I'm going to read into the effects of vasoconstricting and how long it takes to start to reverse and your blood circulation to get back to normal after quiting smoking. Thanks for the response
Keep in mind your complexion looks better after quitting smoking plus all that fresh air you're getting. Yes, being a former smoker myself I know the difference.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlwaysHungry
Stats: 173/150/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
Holy cow that's alot of changes! Kudos man! Sorry I don't have an insight to your question but I just had to say congrats on the lifestyle change!
AlwaysHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Well go figure, I make a thread about it and I'm not sure what happened but after for days of being ghostly pale I got the colour back in my face tonight. I'm thinking my body must have just been adjusting to all the changes. Thanks to all for the insight on what it potentially could have been. Much appreciated.

Alwayshungry- Thanks I appreciate the support. I figured it was time to stop procrastinating and finally make some positive changes. I was letting the bad habits take over and letting myself go for too long.