Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Buffalo Wild Wings?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798581-buffalo-wild-wings.html)

junip3r 03-02-2013 07:09 PM

Buffalo Wild Wings??

Went there for dinner tonight... I asked if the wings are breaded and they said "yes". :dunno:

I went ahead and ordered and they don't LOOK breaded...just like naked wings with skin. ???

Parmesean Garlic = YUMMO!

What do you guys think? Breaded? Not Breaded?

Skinny Train 03-02-2013 07:19 PM

Check out a nutrition website. Carb count should give insight.

EZ35 03-02-2013 07:20 PM

They are not breaded. The boneless ones are breaded though.

Jordy272 03-02-2013 08:34 PM

They are not breaded, I get the traditional wings parmesean garlic mixed with mild. YUMMY!

Izzysdream 03-02-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordy272 (Post 16291966)
They are not breaded, I get the traditional wings parmesean garlic mixed with mild. YUMMY!

I love em, they're my favorite!

Found a copy cat recipe for the sauce:

Ingredients

4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbl light corn syrup (oh no)
5 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbl white vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss garlic cloves with oil in a small oven-safe dish. and then bake in the preheated oven for 20 mins or until the cloves soften and begin to turn light brown. Cool garlic and then run cloves through a garlic press or finely mince with a sharp knife.
Combine garlic and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight before using.
To use sauce, pour 1/4 cup over 12 cooked chicken wings, breaded tenders, or chicken nuggets and toss gently until coated. Makes 3/4 cup sauce, enough to coat 36 wings.

Casey 03-03-2013 05:32 AM

I'll bet you could leave out the corn syrup and it would still be good.

A&F 03-03-2013 07:47 AM

I used to work there and can attest that the wings are unbreaded. Some BWW have dry seasoning they can toss the wings in instead of sauce. I tend to prefer these as they aren't as messy.

For those that don't like wings and getting all messy (I don't mind it for a rack of ribs, but wings are just more work that their worth in my opinion), they do have "Naked Tenders" that can be tossed in the wing sauce.

You can also always ask for "light sauce" or to have it on the side.

CTIgrad 03-06-2013 05:24 PM

B-dubs is my favorite Tuesday hang out. 6 Parm Garlic, 6 Wild, and 6 Spicy Garlic, add blue cheese and a diet and its the perfect end to my work week (have wed/thur off). :)

You can buy their sauce at the counter and take it home too. I use it on just about everything I make.

snowdancer79 03-06-2013 06:09 PM

It's pretty sad when the people that work there can't tell if they are breaded or not:(

raindroproses 03-09-2013 10:18 PM

Ooooh I always assumed they'd be breaded wings! I guess it's been so long since I've eaten there that I forgot... are they not fried then? I wonder what the safest sauce they have would be carb-wise, although I have to admit the spiced ones sound amazing! I remember back in the day I used to love the Asian Zing wings, but I'm sure they're loaded with sugar :laugh:

Ntombi 03-10-2013 12:02 AM

Not breaded. Yes fried.

raindroproses 03-10-2013 07:31 AM

Really good to know :) I always assumed in order to fry something and get a nice crispness on it you'd have to either bread it or at least coat it in something first. I'll have to see if my BWW would be willing to toss mine in spices! Thank you :)

LoriAS 03-11-2013 10:30 AM

The one near us has 4 (I think) dry rub flavors. Salt& Vinegar is really yummy!