Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Karerose
Start Date: late 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysue24 View Post
We are eating before, but I want backups in my purse just in case I feel deprived from no popcorn. For me it's true about failing when you fail to plan.
It is always best to plan ahead, so good for you!

I'll suggest pepperoni chips. Crunchy and salty. You could even make some cheese chips/crackers and have both. I actually like to eat the crispy pepperoni chips with a bit of regular cheese on top.
Karerose is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #32
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
If the movie isn't good enough to stand alone, I don't go to see it in the theater. If the movie is good enough to stand alone, then I don't need to snack.

I'm not a dog: food is not a reward. I eat to satisfy hunger.

In the face of temptation hunger is a form of weakness. I make sure to eat a large meal before I go to the theater. And if I find myself realizing that I forgot to plan ahead, a lot of theaters are close to a food court, or some other fast food enclave.

3 McDoubles, no bun, no sauce brings a total of 6-7 carbs and is absolutely induction friendly.

Shark Sandwich: One man's epic journey from fat to slightly less fat.

Year-end Mega Challenge!
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Karerose
Start Date: late 2003
Quote:
I can say movie butter popcorn MAY be my desert island food
Me too! One of my favorite things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
If the movie isn't good enough to stand alone, I don't go to see it in the theater. If the movie is good enough to stand alone, then I don't need to snack.

I'm not a dog: food is not a reward. I eat to satisfy hunger.

In the face of temptation hunger is a form of weakness. I make sure to eat a large meal before I go to the theater. And if I find myself realizing that I forgot to plan ahead, a lot of theaters are close to a food court, or some other fast food enclave.

3 McDoubles, no bun, no sauce brings a total of 6-7 carbs and is absolutely induction friendly.
Excuse me, but just because some of us LOVE movie popcorn (well some movie's popcorn) doesn't mean we are dogs because we find it extremely hard to resist. It has nothing to do with whether the movie is good enough to see in a theater or not. Heck we used to go to the movies just to buy the popcorn even when watching a movie at home - we liked it that much.

It never fails when someone asks about bringing snacks to the movies that more than one person comes in telling them that they shouldn't eat anything there because it isn't necessary. I really get so sick of hearing that, but have never said anything before but sometimes do offer suggestions of snacks to bring to be able to resist that oh so wonderful popcorn. But I'm sorry this remark is just too over the top to ignore!

Good for those that plan ahead and bring something that they can snack on and still enjoy going to a movie. If that isn't your thing and you can resist, well then good for you too.
Karerose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysue24
Stats: 279/250/200 (first goal)/150 (ultimate goal)
WOE: I'll try anything once
Start Date: September 3, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karerose View Post

Excuse me, but just because some of us LOVE movie popcorn (well some movie's popcorn) doesn't mean we are dogs because we find it extremely hard to resist. It has nothing to do with whether the movie is good enough to see in a theater or not. Heck we used to go to the movies just to buy the popcorn even when watching a movie at home - we liked it that much.

It never fails when someone asks about bringing snacks to the movies that more than one person comes in telling them that they shouldn't eat anything there because it isn't necessary. I really get so sick of hearing that, but have never said anything before but sometimes do offer suggestions of snacks to bring to be able to resist that oh so wonderful popcorn. But I'm sorry this remark is just too over the top to ignore!

Good for those that plan ahead and bring something that they can snack on and still enjoy going to a movie. If that isn't your thing and you can resist, well then good for you too.
word.

Thanks for saying that because all the comments about not "having" to eat there were pretty discouraging.
kellysue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
word.

Thanks for saying that because all the comments about not "having" to eat there were pretty discouraging.

Sometimes the thread gets off-topic and turns into more of a poll about "what do you do in this situation?" (and some answers may seem critical or judgmental) rather than "please give me some ideas that might help me"!

Like, someone will post about hot flashes or menstrual cramps,
and 5 ladies will pop in to say they are past the age of worrying about them.

Anyway...more
Did you go to the movies?
Did you have a nice time?
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #36
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karerose View Post

My apologies - that comment applied only to myself, and was not intended - by the transitive property or any other - to ascribe any such assertion to anyone else. I thought I had been careful enough to word it in such a way that this was clear.

But to dispel any remaining doubt: That line was simply a piece of my internal process shared outwardly, intended without malice or judgement.

You'll notice I did suggest a food based snack that is not strictly 'According to Hoyle', but that answered the topic of "induction food at the movies".

Again, my apologies for the miscommunication.
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysue24
Stats: 279/250/200 (first goal)/150 (ultimate goal)
WOE: I'll try anything once
Start Date: September 3, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
:

Anyway...more
Did you go to the movies?
Did you have a nice time?
YES! It was great! Didn't eat a bite Started JUDDD yesterday and so far so good
kellysue24 is offline   Reply With Quote