Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Jumping Back on the Wagon! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798103-jumping-back-wagon.html)

melisa82 02-28-2013 11:44 AM

Jumping Back on the Wagon!

I'm jumping back on the wagon! Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary on low-carb, although, I haven't been eating low-carb for about a month now. And boy do I feel it.

The whole reason I stopped eating low-carb was health related (Headaches, dizzy, nauseous, neck/base of my skull hurt, my vision would "go-out", abdomen was tender to the touch and was red in the area that hurt and I couldn't think. I would be doing something, and I would honestly forget what I was doing!) and I definitely thought that all these symptoms/signs were related to eating low-carb. But they aren't as I'm still having some of them.

I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and then the weight loss stopped!! as did the inches coming off. I'm so confused as to what I should be eating. How many calories? How many grams of carbs, fat, protein? Ugh. My mind is spinning. :stars:

Here's to the rest of my life. One day at a time. One moment at a time. One choice at a time.

My plan of action:

Eat induction safe foods!
Eat 65/25/5
Eat 20-30 TOTAL grams of carbs (15-20 from veggies, 5-10 from dairy/eggs)
Drink more water. 64-100oz per day. No excuses.
Begin to be more active!!!
Believe that I deserve to be happy and healthy. That I AM WORTHY!
No self-sabotaging.

Any insight/knowledge/tips etc would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for the support! We can do this :)

Reta 02-28-2013 12:12 PM

:clap: Those are good goals. Good for you.

Knittering 02-28-2013 12:12 PM

Welcome back!
Quote:

I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and then the weight loss stopped!!
For how long?
Fifty pounds in five months is a LOT of weight to lose so quickly! I've rarely lost more than three pounds a month.

melisa82 02-28-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 16286624)
Welcome back!

For how long?
Fifty pounds in five months is a LOT of weight to lose so quickly! I've rarely lost more than three pounds a month.

I had been stalled since August, so for 7 months.

Knittering 02-28-2013 01:57 PM

Yikes! Okay, that is a very long stall.
Has your doctor figured out what's causing your symptoms? I'm especially concerned about the part about your vision.

lterry913 02-28-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 16286824)
Yikes! Okay, that is a very long stall.
Has your doctor figured out what's causing your symptoms? I'm especially concerned about the part about your vision.

I agree with the doctor part...something is causing your other problems...and could be hindering your weight loss. Some things you mention sound pretty scary...I would get checked out.

melisa82 02-28-2013 02:40 PM

I went to the Dr at the beginning of January. At that time I only had an occasionally tender abdomen with redness. It's weird tho, it didn't hurt when the dr pushed on the area, but having my shirt touch it hurt! They did abdominal xrays and drew blood. Everything was OK. Nothing was wrong. They wanted to do a CT, but I never made an appointment because 1. even with insurance I can't afford that and 2. for what? They didn't even give me any idea as to what could be causing it. So, it seemed to me like they just wanted me to have all these tests, but they weren't sure what they were looking for.