Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   February - Newly deemed "STALL Month"! Theories? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798072-february-newly-deemed-stall-month-theories.html)

LoriAS 02-28-2013 05:54 AM

February - Newly deemed "STALL Month"! Theories?

I am in a few different challenges and Febrary seems to be a huge stall for so many people.

I was losing weight great from Sept - Jan and really haven't had any major menu changes, but from Feb 1 - Feb 28 have lost a total of .6 pounds and yo-yo'ed 2-3 pounds up and down all month.

Do you think that February is a the body's internal clock time to hang onto fat for insulation?

mom23kids 02-28-2013 06:25 AM

Seems to be true for me! I had been losing 6-8lbs a month but February's total has been about two pounds. I decided to just call goal a bit early, since my body seems to have decided we're done with the weight loss part lol.

ceecee08 02-28-2013 11:14 AM

I can agree to this!! I have been sick most of the month. First with the flu now with bronchitis so I am not sure if it is the antibiotics that is stalling me or what. But as soon as my antibiotics are over, I am hoping to see some nice losses. :aprayer:

Trillex 02-28-2013 12:37 PM

My progress has been cyclical. I lost exactly 10 pounds my first month and exactly 10 pounds my second month -- I was expecting a big initial pound drop due to glycogen loss, based on what I'd read and what bodybuilders told me *should* happen, but I never had the big drop. Then, I lost 8.5 pounds my third month and another 8.5 pounds my fourth month. AND THEN 1.5 POUNDS IN TOTAL DURING THE FIFTH MONTH. I was surprised by that, but my trainer measures my body each month and I lost inches on my hips and thighs that month so I wasn't upset by the scale number. I'd lost an inch from each thigh, which seemed like a lot to me. Then I lost 7.5 pounds during the next month. BUT 2.5 after that. Last month, I lost 9 pounds -- which is almost as much as I lost during my very first month on Atkins even though last month was my 9th month.

I haven't tweaked or changed my diet at any point because I'm more interested in having daily meals that I'm comfortable with than in having speedy pound loss -- basically, once my lower back pain went away, I kind of stopped caring how much weight I lose. In the kitchen, I just follow Atkins induction exactly. In the gym, I just do what my trainer tells me to do. Now, I weigh 68 pounds less than when I started and my waist is 7.25 inches smaller and my hips are 6.5 inches smaller and EACH thigh is almost 4 inches smaller.

Plus, I grew up in a family of bodybuilders so I know enough about the metabolic process that underlies bodyfat cutting to be confident that what I'm doing is working even when I don't physically see it. I've seen my brothers lose (or gain) 10, 15, or even 20 pounds overnight so I will never be able to view scale weight with any degree of seriousness.

Trillex 02-28-2013 12:39 PM

BTW - Forgot to say, I lost 5.5 pounds in February which is about average for me.

Sharss 02-28-2013 12:45 PM

Our whole Group of Posters (6) met our February Goals. :)

KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Sharon
:heart:

tashydoll 02-28-2013 01:13 PM

Lori, I wish I could blame the weather but I live in Australia and it's summer here at the moment!! :/

thealything 02-28-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillex (Post 16286652)
My progress has been cyclical. I lost exactly 10 pounds my first month and exactly 10 pounds my second month -- I was expecting a big initial pound drop due to glycogen loss, based on what I'd read and what bodybuilders told me *should* happen, but I never had the big drop. Then, I lost 8.5 pounds my third month and another 8.5 pounds my fourth month. AND THEN 1.5 POUNDS IN TOTAL DURING THE FIFTH MONTH. I was surprised by that, but my trainer measures my body each month and I lost inches on my hips and thighs that month so I wasn't upset by the scale number. I'd lost an inch from each thigh, which seemed like a lot to me. Then I lost 7.5 pounds during the next month. BUT 2.5 after that. Last month, I lost 9 pounds -- which is almost as much as I lost during my very first month on Atkins even though last month was my 9th month.

I haven't tweaked or changed my diet at any point because I'm more interested in having daily meals that I'm comfortable with than in having speedy pound loss -- basically, once my lower back pain went away, I kind of stopped caring how much weight I lose. In the kitchen, I just follow Atkins induction exactly. In the gym, I just do what my trainer tells me to do. Now, I weigh 68 pounds less than when I started and my waist is 7.25 inches smaller and my hips are 6.5 inches smaller and EACH thigh is almost 4 inches smaller.

Plus, I grew up in a family of bodybuilders so I know enough about the metabolic process that underlies bodyfat cutting to be confident that what I'm doing is working even when I don't physically see it. I've seen my brothers lose (or gain) 10, 15, or even 20 pounds overnight so I will never be able to view scale weight with any degree of seriousness.

that is SO awesome. I love reading about your success.

I, too, have seen gains of 10+ overnight.

don't fret, people! your losses will come... mine aren't... I've been going back and forth in the same four pound range and can't seem to bust it. but I will.

Ntombi 02-28-2013 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have had a hard February overall, with some successes and some frustrations.

I've been on really strong antibiotics for 25 of the 28 days of February, which I know isn't helping, but I've managed to stay 100% on plan, and lose either 6.5 or 4 pounds, depending on how you measure. I got to a new (for this round) low, and then bounced back up, so I count it as a 6.5 lb loss for the month. My goal was 10 lbs, which was optimistic, but that's okay. I succeeded in achieving the rest of my February goals. I'll get there.

I can't blame it on winter either, as I now live in SoCal. It has been a bit chilly at times, but it was 80* today, so...

This is my weight for the month. I typically bounce quite a bit, but I like the see the trajectory a bit more definitively down. Next month.

Punkin 03-01-2013 03:56 AM

I literally gained 10lbs in a two week period by adding psyllium husks to my diet. I freaked even though I knew there was no way it could be fat gain.