Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Quitting Diet Pepsi AGAIN (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/798017-quitting-diet-pepsi-again.html)

Bamboozled 02-27-2013 08:32 AM

Quitting Diet Pepsi AGAIN
 
Anyone else with me??

I gave up my 2l of diet pepsi per day addiction about 4 years ago. On and off since then I have been drinking diet pop and in the few months have gone back to drinking it every day. My weight loss has stalled right around the time I started drinking it again so I'm pretty sure my body can't handle it.

I started getting dull chest pains recently and I figured it was stress related or maybe I needed to cut back on the fatty meats...

well.. just a day and a half in to quitting Diet pepsi and the chest pains seem to be gone.

Last night I had a really bad craving for something other than water. I would have killed for a glass of milk, even though I'm intolerant to the stuff.

Anyways... anyone else need to kick diet pop? Join me!

flatferenghi 02-27-2013 10:40 AM

it is interesting that people get addicted to colas...
 
regular or diet. I have never heard of people getting addicted to fruit flavored sodas. I think there is something inherent in the cola bean to cause that. I drink diet colas, but not so much as in the past. I prefer fruit flavored sodas and chocolate sodas. However, my portions are much less than in the past, and quite considerably even less than that during the warm weather. Try substitutung the colas with flavored seltzers, or plain seltzers with a twist of lemon and/or lime. VERY REFRESHING!!! Love & Profits:FLATFERENGHI

Demonica 02-27-2013 10:42 AM

I stopped drinking pop (Coke Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper) on Jan. 7th. And it hasn't affected my weight loss at ALL!! It will not BUDGE!!:annoyed: Although I do feel better...not bloated anymore.

DrewsMom77 02-27-2013 10:50 AM

I'm in...
 
I REALLY need to stop drinking soda. I switched to diet years ago but even the artificial sweetner is causing me to have stomach pain. I've needed to stop drinking them altogether for a while now but this is just the motivation I need!

I'm on board!

BunChucker 02-27-2013 11:15 AM

Nope, not me! I love my Diet Pepsi!

Meli-Mel 02-27-2013 12:17 PM

I will not quit, but I will cut back. Which I did starting yesterday. I am allowing myself one with lunch and one with dinner and that is all. That is a big change from the at least 6 a day I was drinking previously.

Bamboozled 02-27-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatferenghi (Post 16284201)
regular or diet. I have never heard of people getting addicted to fruit flavored sodas. I think there is something inherent in the cola bean to cause that. I drink diet colas, but not so much as in the past. I prefer fruit flavored sodas and chocolate sodas. However, my portions are much less than in the past, and quite considerably even less than that during the warm weather. Try substitutung the colas with flavored seltzers, or plain seltzers with a twist of lemon and/or lime. VERY REFRESHING!!! Love & Profits:FLATFERENGHI



Interesting. From what I've read it is the aspartame that is addictive. I'm going to have to find a non aspartame option for the nights I indulge in alcohol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 16284205)
I stopped drinking pop (Coke Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper) on Jan. 7th. And it hasn't affected my weight loss at ALL!! It will not BUDGE!!:annoyed: Although I do feel better...not bloated anymore.

Good for you!!

I already feel better, can't believe the chest pains are GONE! I didn't really think it was related to the aspartame, I was sure it was stress. Fingers are crossed that it takes care of the chest pains because its pretty scary to have pains near your heart!

Bamboozled 02-27-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewsMom77 (Post 16284230)
I REALLY need to stop drinking soda. I switched to diet years ago but even the artificial sweetner is causing me to have stomach pain. I've needed to stop drinking them altogether for a while now but this is just the motivation I need!

I'm on board!

Awesome! :jumpjoy:

We can do it!

I know the cravings can be bad, especially when eating salty food. So far I am doing fine but it's only day 2.

My best friend might quit diet pop soon, I was sharing some articles I had found on the dangers of aspartame and she was pretty surprised.

CatieTN 02-27-2013 12:59 PM

I try and try but it's SO hard to give it up :(

Bamboozled 02-27-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatieTN (Post 16284496)
I try and try but it's SO hard to give it up :(

I hear ya!

It's so awesome to wash down some pistachios or kale chips with diet pepsi.

Adoug4ho 02-27-2013 01:09 PM

I quit the Friday after Ash Wednesday. Not really because I was trying to stop drinking it, but because I was increasing my consumption to make up for the coffee that I'd given up for Lent. I quickly (after 2 days) realized that I wasn't giving anything up, I was just replacing the coffee with Diet Coke! So I made myself give up all sodas :/ Have had a few headaches and definitely miss it! But it's doable!!

GAVIV 02-27-2013 02:28 PM

I gave up diet soda and all carbonation in December. The carbonation part is harder than the diet soda part, but I feel better without it. Cold turkey!

Liz1959 02-27-2013 03:21 PM

I gave up rum and the Diet RC disappeared. Good riddance!

snowmop 02-27-2013 05:53 PM

I decided today to quit drinking coke zero. I'll get my daily shot of caffeine some other way, like tea.( I hate coffee.)

Bobbin 02-28-2013 05:50 AM

Today is the beginning of day 3 with no diet soda, and no artificail sweetener in my coffee....woke up with a major headache. :stars: It ain't easy!!!

MagieDen 02-28-2013 05:56 AM

Myself and DH have all but cut out drinking store bought soda and we have a soda stream. We cut back after purchsing it and he likes the Cranberry Rasberry diet soda that is sweetend with Sucralose. We drink more water now than we did before purchsing it. :dunno:

Becky 02-28-2013 04:51 PM

I made it ONE whole day this time "trying" to quit....*sigh*

Randy 03-01-2013 06:03 AM

I drink 2 Diet Dr Peppers a day. Planning to go cold turkey starting Monday. We'll see.

Knittering 03-01-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

I am allowing myself one with lunch and one with dinner and that is all. That is a big change from the at least 6 a day I was drinking previously.
This is where I started (although I understand you don't want to entirely quit it, Mel.) Six to two, then one... then I got strep throat and it HURT to drink it. Really hurt! I haven't had the slightest desire for one since.

snowmop 03-01-2013 10:13 AM

Day 3 without Coke zero, and down 2 pounds!!! Might be just the cooler weather, but then again, maybe it's losing the Coke!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 PM.