LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muncheechee
Stats: 261/235/145 (5'6")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/14/14
Disney

Dh and I are thinking about going to Disney World for a week long vacation in a couple months. Wondering if any of you have tried to stay at least mostly lc at Disney and also wondering if purchasing a dining plan would be a good idea or not. We would be driving to Orlando and are not opposed to heading to the grocery store and eating in our room a bit to save money and keep lc. I know dh is likely to not stick to lc on vacation but I will have to.

Thanks
muncheechee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheechee View Post
Dh and I are thinking about going to Disney World for a week long vacation in a couple months. Wondering if any of you have tried to stay at least mostly lc at Disney and also wondering if purchasing a dining plan would be a good idea or not. We would be driving to Orlando and are not opposed to heading to the grocery store and eating in our room a bit to save money and keep lc. I know dh is likely to not stick to lc on vacation but I will have to.

Thanks
DH and I are taking our toddler DGD in April. We are seasoned WDW patrons
I have always been able to stay LC when there. They have much improved their food choices over the years. Even five years a ago you couldn't find fresh fruit in the parks and now it's everywhere for reasonable prices. It's my understanding that the dining plan is too much food. It may have changed since I last researched so you need to study it carefully. We generally only eat one meal out each day when we are there. We stay at the vacation villas that have a full kitchen. Just depending on our circumstances (like if we have a car or not) there is a grocery delivery service or there are several good grocery stores nearby. Last year, having started a wheat-free diet, we had reservations at an upscale restaurant, I checked the box about special diet. Well, when we got to the restaurant, the chef came out and asked me about it!! I told him I wasn't GF, just avoiding wheat and he made several suggestions. I was impressed to say the least
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
We are also planning a Disney vacation in a few months. I'm not doing the dining plan, only because I figure we'll eat breakfast in our rooms before heading out - DS (he's 3) loves plain yogurt, cereal bars, or something pretty easy to pack and keep in our room. We are staying in a room with a full kitchen, but most all of the rooms have fridges. Also, while we'll probably eat lunch on property most days, I have a feeling we'll be eating dinner elsewhere at least some of the time. There are tons of great restaurants in the area.