Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   McDonalds Carbs in Plain Burgers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/797963-mcdonalds-carbs-plain-burgers.html)

skase 02-26-2013 12:44 PM

McDonalds Carbs in Plain Burgers

On the road and always traveling and McDonalds can be an instant low carb solution. Does anyone know if the plain Beef patties are 0 Carbs? I can seem to confrim from any offical site. Thanks

AmelieWannabe 02-26-2013 01:07 PM

I used the McDonalds meal builder and deselected everything from the Quarter Pounder, except beef patty, and the stats are:

220 calories
19 grams of protein
16 grams of fat
1 gram of carb
180 mg of sodium

Beware of the Angus burgers; the grill seasoning used on them has sugar.

Gibbs 02-26-2013 01:10 PM

Bunless plain McDouble is 1 carb
Bunless Angus Bacon w/o ketchup is 3
I've gotta try the meal builder!!

AmelieWannabe 02-26-2013 01:11 PM

Meal Builder :: McDonalds.com

Each item will allow you to view the nutritionals and pick the ingredients you want included in the calculation.

skase 02-26-2013 01:14 PM

Thank You for the info! I will use the meal builder!

Ntombi 02-26-2013 01:26 PM

McDonald's bunless double quarter pounder with cheese is one of my go-to fast foods meals. The burgers there are the only meat that is not processed, and are safe for a very low carber, IMO. Even the grilled chicken is a bad bet!

At Wendy's, the bunless baconator is a good choice, as is a bunless double or triple.

I have all the nutrition info for bunless burger options for all the fast food places around here in my iPhone app, same with viable LC options at most chain restaurants. Makes it easier to make good choices when you're out and about if you've scoped out the options without hidden carbs ahead of time. :)

emel 02-26-2013 01:51 PM

From the Atkins Carb Counter:
0 carb fast food:
Burger King Whopper Patty
KFC chicken thigh, grilled
McDonald's hamburger patty
And there's Applebee's 12 oz NY strip steak, no sides, at <1 carb, chili's grilled salmon w/garlic and herbs at 0, and Outback's 6 oz special steak at 0.

1 carb:
Arby's Roast beef sandwich w/no bun
also Outback's grilled asparagus, grilled norwegian salmon, and grilled shrimp at 1 carb each.

2 carbs:
McDonald's Chicken Filet just the chicken
Applebee's grilled steak and shrimp combo, no sides

3 carbs:
Arby's sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit with no biscuit
Blimpee's chicken caesar salad or tuna salad
Wendy's bacon portobello melt with no bun

4 carbs:
Burger King- BK broiler chicken breast patty
Chili's Margarita grilled chicken or spicy garlic and lime grilled shrimp

Just Russ 02-26-2013 02:27 PM

I'm really glad that bun-less McBurgers are in program. I stopped in a new McD next to where I shop for lunch, the first weekend it was open. The line was all around the inside! But I'd gotten my walker out, so I stayed. It was the Grand-Opening. The first 100 orders got a Free gift certificate, a free sandwinch a week for a year. Apparently it was advertized but I hadn't seen it. I usually get the bacon-cheese-Angusburger with no bun.

suzanneyea 02-26-2013 02:36 PM

The Angus burgers do have carbs!

Just Russ 02-27-2013 10:53 AM

I suspect there's more carbs in the cheese than the seasoning... or maybe my favorite McD is stingy with the seasoning shaker. I'm ordering my custom burger anyway so leaving off ingredients is no issue.
Since this is a frequent item for me, it is interesting the variation between different food preparers...
As long as I am losing & not getting cravings, I don't fret the details... but it I stall or more critical: get hit with cravings (I feel it almost instantly), I step back & look at what just happened.
I'm still in week 1 off my restart so I may be less sensitive than nearer goal.