Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
One thing I always pointed out when someone asked was that when I order a prime rib, for instance, I want the prime rib and have no interest in the cheap filler that is on the plate.

I order the entree because that is what I want to eat. If I wanted a plate of bread and potato, that's what I'd order!!
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
I don't have this too much at work, but they do occasionally make comments. My Manager ( who is also a friend ) "diets" every week for about 8 hours ! haha ! The other day I was seated at the computer and she was standing behind me talking to another nurse about how they need to restart next week and what they were going to eat....... and then she said " I'm NOT going back to LC or NC cause you just lose all this weight and then gain it right back !" She said it loudly where I could be sure to hear her. This was very unlike her, she always tells me how good I look, how she wished she had will power, etc...... never unkind. But that kinda irked me..... But I said NOTHING. The proof is in the pudding guys . (smiles to self )
Sounds to me like your manager has gotten frustrated with losing water weight and re-gaining it on low carb because she can only stay with a diet for 8 hours a week. If you are able to stick with your lowcarb WOE and not regain the water weight plus lose a lot of fat, that's a different case entirely. But it sounds to me like her comment was more about her off-and-on-the-diet frustration, and not really about you.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt1975 View Post
Kind of irked me, I'm expected to contribute to the fund to pay for pizza that I don't eat and a cake for my birthday, which I also won't eat (of course, the cake is for everyone who has a birthday that month - so I can't say much about that) but individual requests aren't taken into account.
This is kind of part of why I am so frustrated. Its like you have to be a high carb eater or you have to pay for it. Part of the reason I didn't want to eat at a cafe is because I would pay a lot of money for food, and then through most of it out because its high carb, which basically means I would starve because there wouldn't be enough left after throwing out the bread or whatever part contained the high carb. They do have prepackaged salads but you get about 1.5 cups of salad and its mostly lettuce with no protein or cheese, and maybe a small package of dressing, that is probably high in sugar anyways. And it would cost at least 10$ for that. I just don't understand why people think its ok to pay for food you aren't going to eat.

At first I was ticked off with my friends, but then when my husband got home he said just let it go. He said look at this way: "You came home and ate something you could eat, and didn't have to pay to throw half of it away. Be thankful and find some friends you can eat with"
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #64
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
This is kind of part of why I am so frustrated. Its like you have to be a high carb eater or you have to pay for it. Part of the reason I didn't want to eat at a cafe is because I would pay a lot of money for food, and then through most of it out because its high carb, which basically means I would starve because there wouldn't be enough left after throwing out the bread or whatever part contained the high carb. They do have prepackaged salads but you get about 1.5 cups of salad and its mostly lettuce with no protein or cheese, and maybe a small package of dressing, that is probably high in sugar anyways. And it would cost at least 10$ for that. I just don't understand why people think its ok to pay for food you aren't going to eat.

At first I was ticked off with my friends, but then when my husband got home he said just let it go. He said look at this way: "You came home and ate something you could eat, and didn't have to pay to throw half of it away. Be thankful and find some friends you can eat with"
This is such a guy way of looking at it!!! Do you bring your lunch everyday? I would have taken what I brought and sat and ate it with them. Also, if you aren't LC, you really can't be expected to know how to pick an appropriate place. They probably thought it was a good idea and weren't trying to be nasty. It's only when you eat this way that you can look at a restaurant and think, "Man, this is gonna be hard!"

I get all of my meals free at the hospital. FREE! No dollar limit and I still bring almost everything myself as I know 2 things to be true: 1- everything is going to be deep fried or gravy coated, 2- something might look good and I'll eat it....a lot of it!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me fox hunting 3/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 02-28-2013 at 12:11 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote