Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
I bought some organic ground beef from Safeway and never again. It was terrible. I love just hamburger patties with melted cheese usually. The organic ground beef was so bad I couldn't stand the patties. Chopped up the cooked patties, added taco sauce, ate on luttuce with shredded cheese and mayonnaise. Then it was edible.

Love Tuna, but scared of the mercury.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kayellr
Stats: 5'5" 195/171/135
WOE: LCHF/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/29/2013
An option to look at for cheap pastured meat is "cow sharing." Buy a quarter or side of beef (or a lamb or goat) with some friends (you may even be able to find a cow sharing club in your area) or family, and stock the freezer. If no freezer, in many areas you can rent a freezer locker to store the extra until there's room in the refrigerator freezer. Often the processor rents freezer lockers.
kayellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angel247
Stats: 370
WOE: Whole foods
Start Date: March 2nd, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
I bought some organic ground beef from Safeway and never again. It was terrible. I love just hamburger patties with melted cheese usually. The organic ground beef was so bad I couldn't stand the patties. Chopped up the cooked patties, added taco sauce, ate on luttuce with shredded cheese and mayonnaise. Then it was edible.

Love Tuna, but scared of the mercury.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Sharon
That sounds like you just maybe had a bad batch~the price was prolly so high maybe it sat around too long LOL??? The grass fed beef I get it soooooooo freaking awesome~I am going to make some taco salad with some now!!! There is such a difference~
angel247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
All cows are grass-fed and then finished with corn at a feed lots 30-60 days before going to slaughter. If you're wanting to avoid the corn fed beef you need to buy grass-finished.
Organic does not mean grass-finished either. The only cows feed corn or other types of grain thoughout their life are dairy cows otherwise corn is too expensive where grass is cheap provided you have the pasture and there aren't drought conditions.

I personally don't like the gamey taste of grass-finished beef.

Last edited by PaminKY; 02-28-2013 at 09:20 AM..
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote