Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: marieze
Stats: 376/199/180
WOE: My way low carb!
Start Date: July 11th 2003
Just placed a new order with Netrition!!!

I'm always so excited when I order my "goodies"!

This time I ordered oat fiber and glucomman powder to make Peggy's dumplings for chicken and dumplings (see recipe help/suggestions).....yum!

Then.......I ordered more Swerve! Which in my opinion is really the best sweetener out there.......then.......I ordered a gigantic thing of my Nutiva organic, virgin coconut oil which I find I absolutely can't live without and certainly can't have my morning coffee without it......and last but not least, more ghiradelli unsweetened chocolate powder to make my chocolate almond bark!!!

I love netrition!!!

marieze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
It's always fun to place an on line order. I love to track the packages.
I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa.
Sometimes I enjoy the anticipation so much that I wont open the package
after it arrives for a day or two!
I was especially interested in the 'swerve'.
I really want to get off the liquid splenda and try something new, but 5 grams of
carb per teaspoon??? Wow, that's way too high for me.
Have fun with your new arrivals, and be sure to let us know
if you cook up something extra special.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/223/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Swerve doesn't have any carbs unless you count the sugar alcohols. I use it all of time with liquid stevia and don't have a problem with it.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/163/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Do you bake with the swerve? I need to make a first time order and want something to sweeten cheesecakes etc.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: -JR-
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2013
I just placed an order for the first time Friday night. One of the items is carbquick that I'm hoping to use in place of flour to make shrimp scampie.
-JR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

For me, swerve is the closest thing to sugar I have found....I LOVE the stuff for baking and to me, has no aftertaste.

JR, I make shrimp scampi once a week without any thickening agent. I add a generous amount of olive olive oil to my large cast iron pan and sautee about 7 cloves of minced garlic. Oh, I also add one stick of butter i sauté the shrimp until almost done, a few minutes then I put the pan under the broiler for a few minutes. Oh, I also season them with monterey steak seasoning. When in the broiler the butter, oil garlic sauce seems to thicken a bit and makes the seasonings adhere to the shrimp.

I serve my on zucchini noodles or cauli-rice then I squeeze lemon on top and fresh chopped cilantro....yum!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lonestarstamper
Stats: 221/210/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 2011
I agree marieze....Swerve is the absolute best for baking and no aftertaste. My DH has never liked any of the substitute sweeteners. He has joined me again on this journey and I wanted to try new recipes instead of the boring way we did Atkins before. I make several different muffin recipes, chocolate chip cookies , etc. All have turned out wonderful, and DH usually eats more of the baked goodies than I do. LOL Could you tell me how to find the "dumpling" recipe. Thanks
lonestarstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Lonestar

Go to the recipe suggestions page and scroll down till you see the thread dumplings!!!! I ordered both the glucomann and oat fiber to make these....everyone is raving them....I can't wait....

I also just bought radishes because i'm told they can make great o'brien potatoes!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: -JR-
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieze View Post
For me, swerve is the closest thing to sugar I have found....I LOVE the stuff for baking and to me, has no aftertaste.

JR, I make shrimp scampi once a week without any thickening agent. I add a generous amount of olive olive oil to my large cast iron pan and sautee about 7 cloves of minced garlic. Oh, I also add one stick of butter i sauté the shrimp until almost done, a few minutes then I put the pan under the broiler for a few minutes. Oh, I also season them with monterey steak seasoning. When in the broiler the butter, oil garlic sauce seems to thicken a bit and makes the seasonings adhere to the shrimp.

I serve my on zucchini noodles or cauli-rice then I squeeze lemon on top and fresh chopped cilantro....yum!!!!
The zuccini noodles sound really good. I use a little dry white wine in my scampie and need that little bit of flour substance. Too loose if not. Your recipie sounds good too.
-JR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
I really enjoy sauteed radishes! I'm sure they're great in any recipe as a potato replacement. Dammit! I have an order coming from a low carb site this week, and I wish I'd read this thread last week to order swerve lol. I use stevia for most things, and splenda if I'm making something big, like a cake or batch of cookies (hardly ever). I'm becoming a low carb shop-o-holic!
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote